It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome back to the family.

Mafia is now available DRM-free and only on GOG.com.
The action/adventure classic that you really shouldn't refuse, finally returns. Embark on a celebrated open-world thriller and follow Tommy Angelo's rise (or fall, depending on your perspective) to a perilous life of high-stakes crime in 1930s America. The city of Lost Heaven is your playground, as long as you don't let the police catch you in the act, wise guy.

NOTE: This rerelease of Mafia has an edited soundtrack and does not include any licensed music.
dizzy_plays: It's interesting to see how many people do not understand what OST (or "original soundtrack") means.
It sure is.

ped7g: About that thread with tutorial for fixing music. Extracting your own original game copy and replacing music files in GOG version is perfectly fine along any (C) law, and I don't see any reason why would 2k or GOG fight with that. .... but that d/l link ... shouldn't be there probably.
It definitely shouldn't. I really don't understand why so many people seem to be just fine with that.

Timboli: Despite what some think about artistic aspects and bastardizing the game by editing the music out, and what some think about illegally re-instating the missing music, all those aspects need never apply.
Good grief...

Timboli: The missing music was never made for the game, it was just chosen like we all choose our music, and the original atmosphere, despite what some think, is not reliant on those exact original tracks, but can also apply to other tracks from that same period in time.
Yes, because the developers just arbitrarily used whichever happy jazz (hand) tracks they happened to stumble upon.

And obviously none of us care whether we listen to Haydn or Mozart because it's all about the atmosphere.
Post edited November 08, 2017 by Lemon_Curry
Thank you GOG but it sucks that the licensed music ain't in it tho
EPGPX: Thank you GOG but it sucks that the licensed music ain't in it tho
Check the Mafia forum, you can put it back in.
I think it's worth mentioning here (if it hasn't already been) that other languages have been added:

"Audio and text: český, Deutsch, English, español, français, italiano, русский. Text only: polski"
tfishell: I think it's worth mentioning here (if it hasn't already been) that other languages have been added
That's definitely worth mentioning, thanks for sharing this information!
guys i purchased mafia but the installer is different than my other games on gog. how do i instal it? i dont want to install a software for it.
Ercan0: guys i purchased mafia but the installer is different than my other games on gog. how do i instal it? i dont want to install a software for it.
If you downloaded a standalone installer via web browser (or the old GOG Downloader), make sure you have all the parts (if there are multiple files listed where it says "installers"), then run the .exe (it will have an orange disc icon).
If you downloaded via Internet Explorer specifically, there's currently a known issue where it removes the file extension; all you have to do is use the rename command in your File Explorer to add ".exe" (without the quotation marks) to the end of the file name, then run it like normal.
Post edited December 09, 2017 by HunchBluntley
Ercan0: guys i purchased mafia but the installer is different than my other games on gog. how do i instal it? i dont want to install a software for it.
HunchBluntley: If you downloaded a standalone installer via web browser (or the old GOG Downloader), make sure you have all the parts (if there are multiple files listed where it says "installers"), then run the .exe (it will have an orange disc icon).
If you downloaded via Internet Explorer specifically, there's currently a known issue where it removes the file extension; all you have to do is use the rename command in your File Explorer to add ".exe" (without the quotation marks) to the end of the file name, then run it like normal.
but why do we have to do this recently? why this problem. i never had this issue with my other games.i dont see a orange gog icon to install. part 1of 1 is an unknown file and part 2of2 is a bin file.
HunchBluntley: If you downloaded a standalone installer via web browser (or the old GOG Downloader), make sure you have all the parts (if there are multiple files listed where it says "installers"), then run the .exe (it will have an orange disc icon).
Ercan0: but why do we have to do this recently? why this problem. i never had this issue with my other games.i dont see a orange gog icon to install. part 1of 1 is an unknown file and part 2of2 is a bin file.
That would be the part where you have to change the filename to include the ".exe" extension. As to why this problem is happening, you'd have to ask GOG and/or Microsoft.
Alternatively, try downloading through a different browser, as that should get you around the problem entirely. :)
Ercan0: but why do we have to do this recently? why this problem. i never had this issue with my other games.i dont see a orange gog icon to install. part 1of 1 is an unknown file and part 2of2 is a bin file.
HunchBluntley: That would be the part where you have to change the filename to include the ".exe" extension. As to why this problem is happening, you'd have to ask GOG and/or Microsoft.
Alternatively, try downloading through a different browser, as that should get you around the problem entirely. :)
i added .exe at the end of the file name and the orange icon appeared but now the installer asks for the bin file to continue the instalation but it says can't locate the bin file.it should find the bin file becasue its in the same folder as the installer.

i shoud've purchased the game on steam
Post edited December 09, 2017 by Ercan0
HunchBluntley: That would be the part where you have to change the filename to include the ".exe" extension. As to why this problem is happening, you'd have to ask GOG and/or Microsoft.
Ercan0: i added .exe at the end of the file name and the orange icon appeared but now the installer asks for the bin file to continue the instalation but it says can't locate the bin file.it should find the bin file becasue its in the same folder as the installer.

i shoud've purchased the game on steam
As HunchBluntley said, try a different browser. It's never a good idea to rely only on one or two browsers. I remember reading that Firefox may have the same problem as Internet Explorer, but don't know which version, since Firefox is going through a lot of changes lately. I use Pale Moon and Opera as my main browsers, and Firefox and Internet Explorer as secondary browsers.

You could also use Galaxy, if you want a Steam-like experience.
ariaspi: [...] I remember reading that Firefox may have the same problem as Internet Explorer, but don't know which version, since Firefox is going through a lot of changes lately. [...]
I'm on Quantum (latest Firefox), and haven't had any such problem with the handful of installers I've downloaded since that update. (Nor had I before the update, to be clear.)

ariaspi: You could also use Galaxy, if you want a Steam-like experience.
I'm guessing that, when he said:
how do i instal it? i dont want to install a software for it.
...he meant that he didn't want to install a[nother] downloader or client.

@Ercan0: If you can't get the installer to work after trying the things I mentioned, contact GOG Support. If they can't help you (I imagine they'll be able to, though), they'll give you a refund.
ariaspi: [...] I remember reading that Firefox may have the same problem as Internet Explorer, but don't know which version, since Firefox is going through a lot of changes lately. [...]
HunchBluntley: I'm on Quantum (latest Firefox), and haven't had any such problem with the handful of installers I've downloaded since that update. (Nor had I before the update, to be clear.)

ariaspi: You could also use Galaxy, if you want a Steam-like experience.
HunchBluntley: I'm guessing that, when he said:

how do i instal it? i dont want to install a software for it.
HunchBluntley: ...he meant that he didn't want to install a[nother] downloader or client.

@Ercan0: If you can't get the installer to work after trying the things I mentioned, contact GOG Support. If they can't help you (I imagine they'll be able to, though), they'll give you a refund.
i tryed to send them an email. i filled everything including my problem but i cannot click on submit becasue it asks for a file to attach with it from dxdiag.

can you give me the full names of the 2 instalation parts of mafia? mybe the name of my files arent the same,thats why the installer cannot find the bin file

thank you
Ercan0: it asks for a file to attach with it from dxdiag.
To help the support team and save time, GOG asks users to add a log file -dxdiag.txt - to your ticket.
To generate that file on Windows do the following :
- 'WindowsKey + R' will open an 'execute...' mini-window
- Type 'dxdiag.exe' without the quotes.
- Then in the dxdiag application, click on the buttton 'generate report' (or something), save it and join it to your ticket.

This file contains info about your hardware and directX files on your pc.
Ercan0: i tryed to send them an email. i filled everything including my problem but i cannot click on submit becasue it asks for a file to attach with it from dxdiag.

can you give me the full names of the 2 instalation parts of mafia? mybe the name of my files arent the same,thats why the installer cannot find the bin file

thank you
I can't, as I don't own the game, sorry (though maybe someone else can help with that).

As for the dxdiag report, Potzato's post gives the relevant info on how to get that.