It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Feeding on secrets.

The Hideaway, the second chapter in The Kid's horrific story, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.
Nomes. So many Nomes. The ship's engine room seems to be their favorite place. But why would so many of these mysterious creatures congregate at such a dangerous place? Are they hiding something? Or are they hiding from something?

Get this episode separately or as part of Secrets of the Maw, the expansion pass which gives you access to all the additional stories and content as they become available for download.
Post edited November 10, 2017 by B0SC0
WOW, Gog is pulling no punches on my wallet! Please, keep em coming, the more titles the better, love to see the massive library growth here!
Post edited November 10, 2017 by takezodunmer2005
For those interested in that kind of game: get Inside. That one doesn't need a shitload of DLC, it stands on its own. ;)
Zoidberg: For those interested in that kind of game: get Inside. That one doesn't need a shitload of DLC, it stands on its own. ;)
How do you know this one needs the dlc, have you played it?
Post edited November 10, 2017 by omega64
Zoidberg: For those interested in that kind of game: get Inside. That one doesn't need a shitload of DLC, it stands on its own. ;)
omega64: How do you know this one needs the dlc, have you played it?
I was going to, eventually. But now I won't because I reject that way of making games.
omega64: How do you know this one needs the dlc, have you played it?
Zoidberg: I was going to, eventually. But now I won't because I reject that way of making games.
You reject a game having more content?
The dlc for this seems fine at first glance, I'm waiting until it's all out though to actually buy the game.
Zoidberg: I was going to, eventually. But now I won't because I reject that way of making games.
omega64: You reject a game having more content?
The dlc for this seems fine at first glance, I'm waiting until it's all out though to actually buy the game.
... try to re read that post carefully, and you'll understand my point. ;)
omega64: You reject a game having more content?
Zoidberg: ... try to re read that post carefully, and you'll understand my point. ;)
So, because the game doesn't stand on its own? I still feel like you wouldn't know this without having played it but whatever. xD
Zoidberg: ... try to re read that post carefully, and you'll understand my point. ;)
omega64: So, because the game doesn't stand on its own? I still feel like you wouldn't know this without having played it but whatever. xD
I could go and pirate it and play it and come back... but I have way too many games and stuff to do. :P

But from what I've read Inside is clearly the better one, although TLN has its own plusses.
Post edited November 10, 2017 by Zoidberg
omega64: So, because the game doesn't stand on its own? I still feel like you wouldn't know this without having played it but whatever. xD
Zoidberg: I could go and pirate it and play it and come back... but I have way too many games and stuff to do. :P

But from what I've read Inside is clearly the better one, although TLN has its own plusses.
I can at least assure you Inside is great. :P
Zoidberg: I could go and pirate it and play it and come back... but I have way too many games and stuff to do. :P

omega64: I can at least assure you Inside is great. :P
;)
I haven't played Little Nightmares myself, as I have no interest in the game. However, I happen to have watched a Let's Play of it, because I can appreciate grown men getting scared the s*** out of by video games. :) That means I know the ending and I'd have to make a very minor spoiler in order to explain my view on it. Which I'd like to avoid. So I will not talk about the ending at all but only about my personal opinion of the ending. If you don't even want that, just skip the rest of my post.

Okay. So I felt the ending to Little Nightmares left things to be desired. If I was invested in the game I'd want additional content that improved the ending for me. In that regard, that additional content is a good thing. However, in my eyes it's not okay to create such a short base game and make people wait for such a long time in order to get "the full experience". I keep saying that a price tag doesn't make a good or bad game and although it could be argued that the DLC should be free my main issue in this particular case is the long wait. Players didn't get the proper closure after finishing the game and the way it looks they won't get closure after they played The Hideaway DLC.
Basically everyone who plays the game now has to stop playing for months until the story continues. That's not much incentive to buy into a game - at least it wouldn't be for me. Yes, the game looks nice and is atmospheric - but then it takes all that away from you and asks you to return in a few months from now "...and bring some cash when you return."
Post edited November 10, 2017 by HeartsAndRainbows
I finished both games (Inside and Little Nightmares) and both had a story a bit too cryptic for my taste. For Inside, I had to read a bit online to understand the story (and see several opinions about it). In Little Nightmares, the story is not well explained neither. I don't see the problem with those DLCs. They are not a continuation of the story but a different take (from what I understand).

No-one forces you to buy games. If you liked the game and consider that you paid a correct amount of money for it, why not buy more of it to support the developers ?
GOG.com: Feeding on secrets.

The Hideaway, the second chapter in The Kid's horrific story, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.
Nomes. So many nomes. The ship's engine room seems to be their favorite place. But why would so many of these mysterious creatures congregate at such a dangerous place? Are they hiding something? Or are they hiding from something?

Get this episode separately or as part of Secrets of the Maw, the expansion pass which gives you access to all the additional stories and content as they become available for download.
What's in a nom? Eh, I mean, 'what is a nom?'
INSIDE is great! Also has two endings.
Playdead are already making another game.
Looking forward to its release :D