It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No light, no light.

Lighthouse: The Dark Being is now available DRM-free, only on GOG.com.

A first-person adventure by masters of classic point & clicks, Sierra On-Line. What goes on inside that eerie lighthouse, occupied by the eccentric Dr. Krick and his little daughter? The mysterious message on your answering machine prompts you to enter, only to find its inhabitants gone. Violently transported to a parallel universe by a malevolent entity, their only hope now is that you'll cross to the other side, overcome the devious puzzles, and bring them back safely.

Feeling spooked yet? If not, treat yourself to some nightmare fuel by visiting our Horror Show sale, where all attractions are up to 90% off until February 13, 11PM UTC. Screams not included.
hell yes! i love this game. one of my favorite myst-alikes.

i remember being quite impressed by this game's graphics back in the day but... my oh my how they have aged...
Post edited February 08, 2018 by fortune_p_dawg
Whoah, awesome release! :)

This is, if I recall correctly, one of those Sierra games that are more difficult to get to run on a modern system than the titles that you can just run via DosBox. So hopefully this means that there are more coming! (Hopefully Shivers 1&2 aren't too far off!)
Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course 15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.
nice looking game, will wish list for now
low rated
Oh, lovely, a 22 y/o game regionally priced with all EU (plus I'm assuming Serbia and Montenegro as well again) getting the hiked up 1 USD = 1 EUR price. And a game not available on Steam to say publisher is under a contract not to have a different price elsewhere. And from a publisher with nothing else regionally priced here.
Hey, Activision. Seems you're digging through your own and Sierra's backlog, so you might as well check if you actually own anything related to No One Lives Forever, or will you and Warner Bros. keep it in a deadlock for no reason forever?
Plokite_Wolf: Hey, Activision. Seems you're digging through your own and Sierra's backlog, so you might as well check if you actually own anything related to No One Lives Forever, or will you and Warner Bros. keep it in a deadlock for no reason forever?
About The Operative:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/09/no-one-lives-forever-rights-nowhere-to-be-found/

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/07/05/no-one-will-sell-no-one-lives-forever-so-lets-download-it/

Sorry, but it seems to be one of the doomed ones.

Fandi

Edit: I just read your message again, and realized you are aware of that info, just shouted out to Activision to search through their documents to see who owns the rights.
Nevertheless, I will leave the links here if anyone would wonder why the games are not released here.
Post edited February 08, 2018 by Fandi
Wonderful to see this release!

Now please release another Legend Entertainment game this month as well...
Cavalary: Oh, lovely, a 22 y/o game regionally priced with all EU (plus I'm assuming Serbia and Montenegro as well again) getting the hiked up 1 USD = 1 EUR price. And a game not available on Steam to say publisher is under a contract not to have a different price elsewhere. And from a publisher with nothing else regionally priced here.
Actually, all the recent Sierra/Activision games have a 10% price hike in the Eurozone (and friends). Which by the way is not a result of taking EUR-USD parity, as that should result in a ~18% hike with GOG's current exchange rates.

It's odd, really.
Plokite_Wolf: Hey, Activision. Seems you're digging through your own and Sierra's backlog, so you might as well check if you actually own anything related to No One Lives Forever, or will you and Warner Bros. keep it in a deadlock for no reason forever?
Fandi: About The Operative:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/09/no-one-lives-forever-rights-nowhere-to-be-found/

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/07/05/no-one-will-sell-no-one-lives-forever-so-lets-download-it/

Sorry, but it seems to be one of the doomed ones.

Fandi

Edit: I just read your message again, and realized you are aware of that info, just shouted out to Activision to search through their documents to see who owns the rights.
Nevertheless, I will leave the links here if anyone would wonder why the games are not released here.
Just release the game. The one that will sue you it will be the owner of the rights. At least we would find out :D
A dream come true. I have been waiting SO long for this. GOG, you’re awesome. Instabuy! Say, will we finally see Shivers 1-2 and Urban Runner soon?
Post edited February 08, 2018 by Oersoe
Sweet, an Activision title outta nowhere sort of!
fronzelneekburm: This is, if I recall correctly, one of those Sierra games that are more difficult to get to run on a modern system than the titles that you can just run via DosBox. So hopefully this means that there are more coming! (Hopefully Shivers 1&2 aren't too far off!)
It's supported by DOSBox -

[url=https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/GAMES:Lighthouse:_The_Dark_Being]https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/GAMES:Lighthouse:_The_Dark_Being[/url]

- but I too hope Shivers is coming. :)

EDIT: However, as Lafazar reminded me, ScummVM supports Shivers, so there's some hope. :)
Post edited February 08, 2018 by tfishell
high rated
And here is another game published by Activision meaning missing every other language except English. So - as usual - I won't buy (I already own the localized German version of this nice game). Hopefully Activision will other localisations in the future. Yes, I could play in English but I don't see the need as long as there are localisations available which is the case for most Activision games.
Great release, thanks GOG! Still own the big box original version. Question to GOG: can I get officially hyped for Shivers 1 & 2 getting released here soon?