It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No light, no light.

Lighthouse: The Dark Being is now available DRM-free, only on GOG.com.

A first-person adventure by masters of classic point & clicks, Sierra On-Line. What goes on inside that eerie lighthouse, occupied by the eccentric Dr. Krick and his little daughter? The mysterious message on your answering machine prompts you to enter, only to find its inhabitants gone. Violently transported to a parallel universe by a malevolent entity, their only hope now is that you'll cross to the other side, overcome the devious puzzles, and bring them back safely.

Feeling spooked yet? If not, treat yourself to some nightmare fuel by visiting our Horror Show sale, where all attractions are up to 90% off until February 13, 11PM UTC. Screams not included.
polecat1: That's strange - when I click on the company's name (Sierra On-Line, Inc.), nothing shows up.
HunchBluntley: That's because GOG forgot to index this game so that it shows up in searches (currently, the product page can only be found by direct link/URL or via an external search engine), and all the other Sierra On-Line games are listed under "Sierra".
Now it's fixed. Thanks GOG!
tinyE: snip
A true classic. ;)
tfishell: I think its better from a marketing standpoint (because GOG is ultimately a business, not our "friend") to split up the sales, because multiple sales have a chance to make the gaming news multiple times, or encourage people to visit the site multiple times a week to see if anything new is on sale.
At least for me such kind of marketing does not work. It annoys me when I check promos multiple times because I forgot I already have checked them and I lose motivation to check other promos.
Beautiful! I'm snapping this up as Sierra made so many of my favorite games.
tfishell: I think its better from a marketing standpoint (because GOG is ultimately a business, not our "friend") to split up the sales, because multiple sales have a chance to make the gaming news multiple times, or encourage people to visit the site multiple times a week to see if anything new is on sale.
eiii: At least for me such kind of marketing does not work. It annoys me when I check promos multiple times because I forgot I already have checked them and I lose motivation to check other promos.
It's good to let GOG know this, maybe message Support with this feedback? Ultimately it comes down to what makes GOG the most money (while balancing their "principles", which is also a marketing angle/position but could be viewed positively, inb4 "they don't have any principles anymore").
MarkoH01: And here is another game published by Activision meaning missing every other language except English. So - as usual - I won't buy (I already own the localized German version of this nice game). Hopefully Activision will other localisations in the future. Yes, I could play in English but I don't see the need as long as there are localisations available which is the case for most Activision games.
GOG are known to update their games over time with localisations so not impossible they will for this game further down the line.

MIK0: In my opinion it should become a legal requirement to be able to prove its own rights over something, otherwise we will lose products over people lazyness and apathetic behavior. One shouldn't be allowed to accumulare rights over something without using them.
It's an old game and probably Activision don't wish to spend the time or resources to find out the legal rights to the game if they aren't sure it's theirs. They should though.
Post edited February 10, 2018 by pferreira1983
MarkoH01: And here is another game published by Activision meaning missing every other language except English. So - as usual - I won't buy (I already own the localized German version of this nice game). Hopefully Activision will other localisations in the future. Yes, I could play in English but I don't see the need as long as there are localisations available which is the case for most Activision games.
pferreira1983: GOG are known to update their games over time with localisations so not impossible they will for this game further down the line.
Problem is that they need permission to do this and so far nearly mo Activision game has received additional localisations which makes me think that Activision don't want those.
pferreira1983: GOG are known to update their games over time with localisations so not impossible they will for this game further down the line.
MarkoH01: Problem is that they need permission to do this and so far nearly mo Activision game has received additional localisations which makes me think that Activision don't want those.
Well that's a great way to alienate part of your audience.
MarkoH01: Problem is that they need permission to do this and so far nearly mo Activision game has received additional localisations which makes me think that Activision don't want those.
pferreira1983: Well that's a great way to alienate part of your audience.
Agreed and given that we are talking about old games this also would lead to the fact that those who already own a localised version of the games won't buy again even though they might have. However it was the same with Square Enix not long ago and they obviously chnaged their mind and many localisations have been added since. So I still have not given up hope that Activision will change their mind as well sometime in the future.
Post edited February 10, 2018 by MarkoH01
pferreira1983: Well that's a great way to alienate part of your audience.
MarkoH01: Agreed and given that we are talking about old games this also would lead to the fact that those who already own a localised version of the games won't buy again even though they might have. However it was the same with Square Enix not long ago and they obviously chnaged their mind and many localisations have been added since. So I still have not given up hope that Activision will change their mind as well sometime in the future.
Well for your sake I hope they do. Aren't localised games offered by members of the GOG community sometimes? Would Activision need to give permission for that?
MarkoH01: Agreed and given that we are talking about old games this also would lead to the fact that those who already own a localised version of the games won't buy again even though they might have. However it was the same with Square Enix not long ago and they obviously chnaged their mind and many localisations have been added since. So I still have not given up hope that Activision will change their mind as well sometime in the future.
pferreira1983: Well for your sake I hope they do. Aren't localised games offered by members of the GOG community sometimes? Would Activision need to give permission for that?
"Yes" and "yes" :)
But of course those community made patches will always considered for me to be a workaround only until localisations are officially added.
Post edited February 10, 2018 by MarkoH01
tfishell: It's good to let GOG know this, maybe message Support with this feedback? Ultimately it comes down to what makes GOG the most money (while balancing their "principles", which is also a marketing angle/position but could be viewed positively, inb4 "they don't have any principles anymore").
They just try out different marketing strategies as most companies do. Their sales numbers may tell them about the success, we only can give them hints.
tinyE: Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln
Always funny, but sadly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lighthouse_and_naval_vessel_urban_legend
tinyE: Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln
phaolo: Always funny, but sadly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lighthouse_and_naval_vessel_urban_legend
oh I don't doubt it's just a legend for a second. :P I'm more willing to believe Big Foot is real.
So Gog...this game was released in 1996 and in 2001 it worked in Windows XP. Your version released here only works in Windows 7-10.

Why?! Did you have to perform some sort of hack to get it running that somehow prevents it from running on better Windows OSes?! Will this be fixed in the future as Baldur's Gate Enhanced editions were (originally the 'Enhanced editions' of BG, IWD etc. would not run in XP but were later fixed)?