It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No light, no light.

Lighthouse: The Dark Being is now available DRM-free, only on GOG.com.

A first-person adventure by masters of classic point & clicks, Sierra On-Line. What goes on inside that eerie lighthouse, occupied by the eccentric Dr. Krick and his little daughter? The mysterious message on your answering machine prompts you to enter, only to find its inhabitants gone. Violently transported to a parallel universe by a malevolent entity, their only hope now is that you'll cross to the other side, overcome the devious puzzles, and bring them back safely.

Feeling spooked yet? If not, treat yourself to some nightmare fuel by visiting our Horror Show sale, where all attractions are up to 90% off until February 13, 11PM UTC. Screams not included.
GOG.com: No light, no light.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGH-4jQZRcc

:)
GOG.com: If not, treat yourself to some nightmare fuel by visiting our Horror Show sale, where all attractions are up to 90% off until February 13, 11PM UTC.
I'm losing track with all the running sales, being started on different times and ending on different times. Very confusing... GOG, can't you just add all these offers to one weekly sale which runs from Monday to Monday? That would be so much easier.
pmcollectorboy: Kinda looks similar to Shivers.
tinyE: The David Cronenberg movie?
The point and click horror game.
GOG.com: If not, treat yourself to some nightmare fuel by visiting our Horror Show sale, where all attractions are up to 90% off until February 13, 11PM UTC.
eiii: I'm losing track with all the running sales, being started on different times and ending on different times. Very confusing... GOG, can't you just add all these offers to one weekly sale which runs from Monday to Monday? That would be so much easier.
I think its better from a marketing standpoint (because GOG is ultimately a business, not our "friend") to split up the sales, because multiple sales have a chance to make the gaming news multiple times, or encourage people to visit the site multiple times a week to see if anything new is on sale.
Re: No One Lives Forever

MIK0: Just release the game. The one that will sue you it will be the owner of the rights. At least we would find out :D
Would be nice! :D For the same reason that nobody wants to risk releasing it, I assume nobody would even sue. You have to be very sure you actually own the rights before you sue someone over them, and this whole messy situation only exists because nobody really seems to be sure. But of course, again, nobody would risk it, with the possibility of some documentation suddenly turning up in somebody else's hands…

It's really a pity. You'd think these huge, international, multi-million/-billion conglomerates would have the most basic legal and financial stuff somewhat in order, with at least a semblance of a system and organisation behind it. But no, they tend to be more haphazard, scatterbrained and messed-up than any small business around the corner. They talk a big game, but none of these big companies know what the heck they're even doing. It's pure luck that they sometimes survive anyway. Just look at the shambles that is the music industry, and their own rights problems. After decades, they still can't figure out music licensing, because in not a single company or trade organisation, representative in country A as much as ever talks to representative in country B.
Post edited February 08, 2018 by Anamon
Anamon: Re: No One Lives Forever

MIK0: Just release the game. The one that will sue you it will be the owner of the rights. At least we would find out :D
Anamon: Would be nice! :D For the same reason that nobody wants to risk releasing it, I assume nobody would even sue. You have to be very sure you actually own the rights before you sue someone over them, and this whole messy situation only exists because nobody really seems to be sure. But of course, again, nobody would risk it, with the possibility of some documentation suddenly turning up in somebody else's hands…

It's really a pity. You'd think these huge, international, multi-million/-billion conglomerates would have the most basic legal and financial stuff somewhat in order, with at least a semblance of a system and organisation behind it. But no, they tend to be more haphazard, scatterbrained and messed-up than any small business around the corner. They talk a big game, but none of these big companies know what the heck they're even doing. It's pure luck that they sometimes survive anyway. Just look at the shambles that is the music industry, and their own rights problems. After decades, they still can't figure out music licensing, because in not a single company or trade organisation, representative in country A as much as ever talks to representative in country B.
In my opinion it should become a legal requirement to be able to prove its own rights over something, otherwise we will lose products over people lazyness and apathetic behavior. One shouldn't be allowed to accumulare rights over something without using them.
That's strange - when I click on the company's name (Sierra On-Line, Inc.), nothing shows up.
tinyE: Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course 15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.
b..bbb...bbbbbbut but...canadians are americans
tinyE:
drealmer7: b..bbb...bbbbbbut but...canadians are americans
Please don't go there, at least in this thread. It was a joke about lighthouses in a thread for a game about a lighthouse. Let's leave it at that.
drealmer7: b..bbb...bbbbbbut but...canadians are americans
tinyE: Please don't go there, at least in this thread. It was a joke about lighthouses in a thread for a game about a lighthouse. Let's leave it at that.
don't go...to canada???

but, umm, I'll go wherever I want with whatever I like

pretty sick and tired of people being so stupid they can't realize that the United States OF America isn't "america"
So why did you stop mentioning when a game is using ScummVM as engine? It can't be coincidence that Lighthouse was released now, just after ScummVM 2.0.0 came out with support for it.
polecat1: That's strange - when I click on the company's name (Sierra On-Line, Inc.), nothing shows up.
That is odd. I guess that's the only Sierra game on GOG, because clicking that should show all games made by Sierra on GOG.
polecat1: That's strange - when I click on the company's name (Sierra On-Line, Inc.), nothing shows up.
tfishell: That is odd. I guess that's the only Sierra game on GOG, because clicking that should show all games made by Sierra on GOG.
https://www.gog.com/games?devpub=sierra

vs.

https://www.gog.com/games?devpub=sierra_online_inc
I remember reading a forum post/comment a while back which claimed that Bioshock Infinite ripped off it's story from this game.
That's because GOG forgot to index this game so that it shows up in searches (currently, the product page can only be found by direct link/URL or via an external search engine), and all the other Sierra On-Line games are listed under "Sierra".