It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Out of office. Out of sight. Out of trouble.

<span class="bold">Level 22 Gary's Misadventures</span>, a stealth game about doing whatever's necessary to avoid getting fired, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows and Mac.

Studies show that, to the modern man, losing your job is a more common fear than dying. It's nowhere near spiders or missing your wedding anniversary, of course, but still pretty damn scary. Gary knows this fear all too well and when he wakes up late after a wild night out, arriving at work undetected is his only option. But there are 22 floors full of workplace hazards and disapproving eyes standing in his way.

Closets, air vents, huge photocopy machines, and sleeping guards are your friends. But what you can't sneak around, you can move out of the way. Lure guards from their posts with two-day-old donuts, use malfunctioning equipment as distractions, poison your co-workers or knock them out cold - anything goes as long as you get to keep your job! Afterwards, you can pat yourself on the back and treat your mates to some late night drinks and a cool story. Oh wait...

Get down to work and work out a way to arrive at your work unnoticed in <span class="bold">Level 22 Gary's Misadventures</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
This game is clearly too niche for me, and since there is a missing Linux version, that means that it's sadly not a clear fit for my GOG library right now. Best of luck to you, though.
So is this the Wally simulator 2016? It sure looks like him in his younger days.
JudasIscariot: The gameplay has slightly changed: Level 22 was more a puzzle game, and is now more "action" (a lot of timing is needed for example). To support this new gameplay, the controller support has been added.

That's what I've been told :)
Thanks! Anything about Linux support?

PS: Without having played this new version, I dare say I prefer the puzzle approach of the old version best...
JudasIscariot: The gameplay has slightly changed: Level 22 was more a puzzle game, and is now more "action" (a lot of timing is needed for example). To support this new gameplay, the controller support has been added.

That's what I've been told :)
muntdefems: Thanks! Anything about Linux support?

PS: Without having played this new version, I dare say I prefer the puzzle approach of the old version best...
Nope, nothing as of right now and no, I don't know if Linux support will be added later in the future to this version of the game.
Thanks for the info.
I too prefer puzzle games, but the new version will stay on my wishlist - waiting for the next Insomnia....
amok: Haven't I got this from a bundle somewhere?I think it was even DRM free. need to play it at some point...

edit - god... got too many bundles now. will take a bit of time searching through them.

edit 2 - is it any good? should I even bother trying to find it now?
Actually i was going to recommend you use Isthereanydeal.com (or Steam enhanced) to search for bundles where the game has been but it wasn't showing up, went to the steam page and it wasn't marked as something that i owned but on my steam library... But as it was already mentioned here, it's a new version and i don't think the owners of the previous version will get the upgrade...
amok: Haven't I got this from a bundle somewhere?I think it was even DRM free. need to play it at some point...

edit - god... got too many bundles now. will take a bit of time searching through them.

edit 2 - is it any good? should I even bother trying to find it now?
Cyraxpt: Actually i was going to recommend you use Isthereanydeal.com (or Steam enhanced) to search for bundles where the game has been but it wasn't showing up, went to the steam page and it wasn't marked as something that i owned but on my steam library... But as it was already mentioned here, it's a new version and i don't think the owners of the previous version will get the upgrade...
to be honest, of the old version is more puzzle based, and the new more action based - I think I will be much more happy with the old version anyway...
Any reason why a Linux version is sold on Desura(http://www.desura.com/games/level-22-garys-misadventures) but not on GOG.com?
sixsixfive: Any reason why a Linux version is sold on Desura(http://www.desura.com/games/level-22-garys-misadventures) but not on GOG.com?
Because the Desura version is the old one. The new version that GOG sells doesn't have a Linux version (see the game's Steam page as well).
Grargar: Because the Desura version is the old one. The new version that GOG sells doesn't have a Linux version
sorry to hear dat!

Grargar: (see the game's Steam page as well).
I have no idea what this steam thing is or what it does...
high rated
Not fond of the shift from "puzzle" to "action" oriented (that "a lot of timing is needed for example" Judas mentioned is particularly off-putting), and certainly not fond of the regional pricing. Will stick with the old version I got in a bundle.
amok: small side note regarding acceptance being niche and publishers.... Pony Island - publisher: Plug In Digital. Gary's Misadventures - publisher: Plug In Digital. hmmm....

well, maybe the others will come to at some point, then: http://www.plug-in-digital.com/indie-games-catalog/
Hope so. I'd like to see Out There: Omega Edition and Dead In Bermuda here. Neither of them are on the list you pointed to, but I know Plug In Digital distributes them elsewhere (DRM'ed of course -_-).

As one of the many who already own the "old" version of Level 22, I wish GOG had pointed out that this is a different version, and what the main differences are. Nothing in the news post gave me the slightest clue that it wasn't identical to the one I already have. That's not the sort of info I should have to go trawling forum threads for.
high rated
All in all, and after thinking about it for a while, I'd say these devs' behavior with regard to this game leaves a lot to be desired. I mean:

1) They release a game back in 2014 and proceed to sell it at different digital stores (DRM-free and including a Linux version).

2) A year and a half later they allegedly modify the gameplay and re-release the game on fewer stores, without a Linux build, and at a significantly higher price. And maybe the gameplay has changed drastically, but the screenshots look an awful lot like the old version of the game to me...

3) Looks like anyone owning the original game will have to re-purchase it (at the higher price) in order to check out the improvements they've made, instead of getting the new version for free as an update like many other devs do.

So yeah, even if a Linux version eventually comes here I'm gonna give it a pass, as well as with any other future games from the same devs(*).

(*) Whoever they are, as the original LEVEL 22, Gary's Misadventures (note the plural) was made by some studio called , while [url=http://store.steampowered.com/app/431290/]this shiny new version (which for some reason has been singularized) is allegedly done by some Moving Player company...
Post edited February 12, 2016 by muntdefems
I have enough work-related stress as it is, thank you very much. Though I am always punctual. Wishlisted for now.
high rated
You can compare the old trailer with the new trailer.