It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Take the challenge of Silver Buckle and become the best horse rider you can be.
Genre: Sports simulator
Discount: 33% off until 4th February 2022, 2 PM UTC
mechmouse: Boomers are in their 60+

I'd say the majority of GoG users would be GenX

There are Millennials in their 30s
Swissy88: The fact that you don't know the 30 year old boomer meme probably means you're an actual 60+ boomer.
For me I hate that meme as it trancended a meme and I have seen it seriously used as a insult to people even a year or 2 older then another just for a disagreement in views.. it also now is stated by many as now ''Boomer is a mindset not a generational term'' by nitwits more and more as time passes
Post edited January 30, 2022 by BanditKeith2
mechmouse: Boomers are in their 60+

I'd say the majority of GoG users would be GenX

There are Millennials in their 30s
Swissy88: The fact that you don't know the 30 year old boomer meme probably means you're an actual 60+ boomer.
I've seen it, or at least seen GenX being erased out of generational conversation, either lumped in with Millennials or pushed back with Boomers.

I take exception to being labelled a Boomer, it undermines my life experiences and the cultural influence that generation had.
Reaper9988: Everyone has old habits they don't let go of, that's how it goes when you get older. I got quite a few Nos now that I am 40 lol.
But eh if a Kid wants to play this today or someone else wants to play it for Nostalgias sake, why not.
Despite all the crying it really does not infringe on anyone,
Even if it won't sell enough to make up the hosting/Tandieme(?) costs, everyone selling stuff hosted on their servers will have that problem, and I'm obviously sure GOG had that problem before ?
I would assume someone figured this is an addition worth being added, if you think about it, the size of this game is a pittance compared to modern Games, even if it does not sell like hot gravy it might still be a net plus.
If there is a large cost in hosting, it would also mean there is a lot of interest.
So basically win win.

40 here and I consider myself the "unnamed Generation" thankfully.
BanditKeith2: That's fair .... I do still think games need to be made sure odds are return on costs via sales make the most sense to be allowed rather then a loss revenue hosting even if they believe its worthy to add.. But I suppose we need to agree to disagree factor on our views on the issue here
Fair enough.
GOG.com: ...
Thought/feedback: if you want to avoid releases like these "standing out" for criticism like in this thread (tho again I don't mind this release personally), consider releasing a game like this in a batch (perhaps of several different genres but a single publisher) like has been previously with Piko, Ziggurat, or the Funbox Media releases last year. I really would call doing this a "priority" of course, but something to consider.
Post edited January 31, 2022 by tfishell
Reaper9988: Do you ?
mechmouse: I do

Here's some of their favourite games

Impossible Creatures - 2003
Dungeon Keeper™ 2 - 1999
Red Alert 2 - 2000
Tomb Raider Legend - 2006
Spore - 2008

Dug out our old DS handhelds so they can play older pokemon games
Hey I loved Pokemon, but Spore......oof guess whatever floats your boat.
So we are back to step one then huh ?
Reaper9988: Do you ?
mechmouse: I do

Here's some of their favourite games

Impossible Creatures - 2003
Dungeon Keeper™ 2 - 1999
Red Alert 2 - 2000
Tomb Raider Legend - 2006
Spore - 2008

Dug out our old DS handhelds so they can play older pokemon games
I dont have kids myself but i have relatives that do
and they are playing Minecraft
Ratched and clank
and among US

none of them have showed any interest in horses or games that features horses but perhaps that woud change when they get a bit older since most of them are girls
72_hour_Richard: I tried the new God of War, .. this game is better.

I don't get the big upset some people are having.

There are people who have been asking for sports games and simulation games. This week we got both types.
So it's bad for GOG to listen to what people in the community wants? And should GOG only aquire games that only one group on GOG wants and not other groups, why should person A's wishlist be worth more than person B's?
zlep: Yeah, apparently for some people "good curation" equals adding another one to the hundreds of RPGs, shooters and strategy games. (Not that I'm actually against that... ^_^)

And definitely GOG should never try even one game that may appeal to young or female gamers, because we wouldn't want that kind around here. Anyone who wants to play an animal-related simulation would clearly be better satisfied with rodeo or hunting sims - it goes without saying. Sigh.
And the week or so before we got a number of SSI games, from the 80's, which (judging by the number of reviews) people are not exactly rushing to buy despite some people thinking it is more appropriate for GOG. These games too are aimed at a very small group on GOG, not the majority of customers. Yet somehow that is more acceptable than some jrpg, visual novel or horse management game.While these SSI games are more my thing that's not the point. Some people on GOG go into panic mode far too eagerly. GOG is not what it was 10 years ago, it is bigger and has a wider audience, which means a wider selection of games and genres, a natural progression in order to grow or maintain the business. It is also a business that has been trying to change its image, for example I remember how anti-console it used to be in its marketing, which to me felt rather crude and chidlish at the time, but now it feels more mature and serious as a business. That is how GOG has been able to get the big triple-a titles, even former Sony exclusives, which I never thought would happpen.