It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's a critical hit!

<span class="bold">Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition</span> a turn-based, throwback RPG about the glorious days of gaming during schoolnights, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 60% launch discount.

Something is coming… You can hear it scratching against the kitchen floor, and imagine thousands of teeth smiling at you from the shadows. Is it the dreaded demogorgon, or is it...your monstrous headmistress Edna? Either way, you're in trouble - roll initiatives!

Knights of Pen and Paper is a callback to those tabletop sessions where the party's imagination ran wild, enemies always seemed to spawn closer to the one who claimed the last piece of pizza, and the meanest boss somehow resembled the school bully. You role-play a fearless team engaged in an RPG adventure, customizing your party, managing your inventory, kicking monster butt in turn-based combat, and bursting out in laughter every time the game master tries to speak like a female elf bard.

Equip your vivid imagination and sharpen your funny bone as you take the role of the <span class="bold">Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. For additional thrills and chills, loot the <span class="bold">Deluxier Edition</span> which contains a ton of cool stuff, like a special guest character, a sci-fi pack and the Halloween-themed expansion, The Haunted Fall!
The 60% discount will last until August 28, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/f-Iq4qGfKsU
Post edited August 24, 2016 by maladr0Id
Wishbone: Gotta love those indie devs:

"When should we release our game on GOG?"

"Let's wait until after it's been in a couple of Humble Bundles."

Later on:

"GOG is a shitty platform, we never sell a lot of copies there. We're sticking with Steam from now on. Waaah!"
A smart move.
That way GOG customers can save their money and everyone else can just pir...(cough) "purchase" their game on other sites.
jalister: Can anyone confirm that the GOG version still has micro-transactions?
JudasIscariot: If it did, it wouldn't be here :)
Thanks for the response.
jalister: Can anyone confirm that the GOG version still has micro-transactions?
JudasIscariot: If it did, it wouldn't be here :)
Awesome response. If you ever flex on this policy, please be sure to place prominent warnings on the store page!
There's been a number of games on GOG whose publishers employed suspicious* monetization strategies elsewhere, and they never made it into the GOG version except for the rare nag screen the devs forgot to kill.

*redundant; really, much like "DRM"', "monetization" is a weasel word brought into common parlance from marketspeak specifically to describe unethical behavior.
Got this game from Humble Bundle back a few years ago and enjoyed it while i played it.
Hmm, and I somehow missed it when it was in HB, looks interesting.
I've played through this game countless times on my Android cell phones through the last few years. As a former tabletop D&D player (and lover of pop-culture), the dialogue & humor in this game is just over-the-top hilarious at times. So why'd I play it numerous times? Because of the strategy involved in using different character classes, and synergizing them off of each other for maximum effectiveness.

Ugh. Just realized how munchkin-like that sounded.

But seriously. This game is a lot of fun, packed full of geek humor and pop culture references. I absolutely loved it, as well as it's sequel.
can the normal edition users upgrade to deluxe later ? on steam it was not possible which left out a lot of users from the deluxe edition content which is pretty useful

Special Guest Character – A Yellow Wizard with passive MP +20
- Farm Village Map – A new location that will allow players to farm experience efficiently. Also includes the exclusive Scarecrow monster!
- Sci-fi Pack for Bedroom – This gives players 4 exclusive items to customize their “in-game, real-world room”
- The Haunted Fall expansion!
liquidsnakehpks: can the normal edition users upgrade to deluxe later ? on steam it was not possible which left out a lot of users from the deluxe edition content which is pretty useful

- Farm Village Map – A new location that will allow players to farm experience efficiently. Also includes the exclusive Scarecrow monster!
- Sci-fi Pack for Bedroom – This gives players 4 exclusive items to customize their “in-game, real-world room”
Yes.
deleted
Too bad about the second one kinda sucking due to DLC Land.
The trailer is pretty funny and I love the accent. :D
liquidsnakehpks: can the normal edition users upgrade to deluxe later ? on steam it was not possible which left out a lot of users from the deluxe edition content which is pretty useful

We've been requesting the option for over two years and the dev doesn't care. But here, it shows up on day one.

Ah well. Their loss.

Foxhack: We've been requesting the option for over two years and the dev doesn't care. But here, it shows up on day one.

Ah well. Their loss.
yeah i pretty much suggest everyone to grab the deluxe bundle at that rate.
Bambusek: A very nice and funny game, though it requires a lot of grinding at some point.
snowkatt: and there goes what little interest i had
A late response but yeah it's pretty bad with grinding.
It says quite a bit that this is the description for the dlc:
"Farm Village Map – A new location that will allow players to farm experience efficiently."