It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's a critical hit!

<span class="bold">Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition</span> a turn-based, throwback RPG about the glorious days of gaming during schoolnights, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 60% launch discount.

Something is coming… You can hear it scratching against the kitchen floor, and imagine thousands of teeth smiling at you from the shadows. Is it the dreaded demogorgon, or is it...your monstrous headmistress Edna? Either way, you're in trouble - roll initiatives!

Knights of Pen and Paper is a callback to those tabletop sessions where the party's imagination ran wild, enemies always seemed to spawn closer to the one who claimed the last piece of pizza, and the meanest boss somehow resembled the school bully. You role-play a fearless team engaged in an RPG adventure, customizing your party, managing your inventory, kicking monster butt in turn-based combat, and bursting out in laughter every time the game master tries to speak like a female elf bard.

Equip your vivid imagination and sharpen your funny bone as you take the role of the <span class="bold">Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. For additional thrills and chills, loot the <span class="bold">Deluxier Edition</span> which contains a ton of cool stuff, like a special guest character, a sci-fi pack and the Halloween-themed expansion, The Haunted Fall!
The 60% discount will last until August 28, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/f-Iq4qGfKsU
Post edited August 24, 2016 by maladr0Id
A very nice and funny game, though it requires a lot of grinding at some point.
low rated
deleted
Happy to see this game here.
Fairfox: Totes want but OCDness doesn't want me to buy without teh sequel being here too :'(

WHAT A LIFE.
I might have heard there was a sequel, but it got put in a corner of my brain that doesn't want me to access it anymore. Thanks for telling / reminding me there's one. Hope it comes here.
Bought it on steam a long time ago, started the game, realized there is a cash shop even in the payed version, never touched it again...
Probably a good game, but it might be an acquired taste. I just found it a bit boring, to be honest, but I know some people like it. Personally, I lasted less than an hour before I uninstalled it, never to be played again. Good thing I got it from a bundle....
Can anyone confirm that the GOG version still has micro-transactions?
A fun game, can be a bit grindy though.
low rated
Bambusek: A very nice and funny game, though it requires a lot of grinding at some point.
and there goes what little interest i had
Played thru it multiple times on android and pc. The cash shop/micro transactions are completely optional and not even needed. You gain gold so fast normally that it quickly makes buying it obsolete. Tho it probably would not be a bad idea for them to disable/remove it. Just so I don't have to see people avoiding what is in my opinion a very fun but repetitive towards the end, game.
jalister: Can anyone confirm that the GOG version still has micro-transactions?
If it does, I think it would be a first for GOG.
Also on the verge of buying (in basket), and waiting for clarifications about microtransactions in gog edition (confirmation -> removal from basket).

(Edit : aaand checked out.)
Post edited August 24, 2016 by Telika
Quite enjoyed their other title Chroma Squad (also available on GOG), the strategy management game about making your own Power Rangers style show. They seem to make games where the theme is the biggest appeal, and Knights of Pen and Paper is no exception. I would like more information about these micro-transactions though, because that’s unheard of at GOG. Has there been some confusion with the in-game currency or are we talking actual real money in addition to the initial purchase?
high rated
jalister: Can anyone confirm that the GOG version still has micro-transactions?
If it did, it wouldn't be here :)
high rated
Gotta love those indie devs:

"When should we release our game on GOG?"

"Let's wait until after it's been in a couple of Humble Bundles."

Later on:

"GOG is a shitty platform, we never sell a lot of copies there. We're sticking with Steam from now on. Waaah!"