It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Little houses on the prairie.

From the Ashes, a DLC which offers a new way of experiencing Kingdom Come: Deliverance, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com. The base game and Treasures of the Past are now 30% off until July 9, 10pm UTC.
Forget the hardships of a mercenary trying to rise above the mud of his heritage. This time you begin as a bailiff, tasked with building new settlements and making sure your villagers find a way to co-exist peacefully. When you're not barking orders and managing construction projects, you get to kick back with some horse-racing, dice gambling, or good ol' sword swinging.
MarkoH01: My friend just bought the DLC and he is asking how you can access the DLC content after installation. I don't even own the base game so it's hard for me to steer him in the right direction. Could anybody help me here? Where is the DLC content hidden?
fronzelneekburm: Wouldn't that work the same way all DLC works with gog? In the library under the game backup copy there should be an option to download installers for the various DLC.

If he wants to install it via Galaxy, I suppose going to "Manage installation" and then hitting "Verify/Repair" should do the trick.
No, no - with my advice he finally managed to install the DLC (he was completely confused because the blue button only got him asccess to the main game) he started it and asked me where to find the actual DLC content in game. However I just found some vids describing it. Thank you for the help.
Zoidberg: Not gonna give those slimies any money, nor game time.
David9855: Here's a tip, If your going to make statements like that perhaps you could be an adult and explain why.
In my personal case, I'm a backer but they never cared to give backers drm-free keys. So I don't have the game. I could link it on steam through their page or something; I guess they didn't wan't backers to get rid of their keys either.
So, yeah, I should have the game, but I don't. They're not precisely backer friendly.
David9855: Here's a tip, If your going to make statements like that perhaps you could be an adult and explain why.
rgnrk: In my personal case, I'm a backer but they never cared to give backers drm-free keys. So I don't have the game. I could link it on steam through their page or something; I guess they didn't wan't backers to get rid of their keys either.
So, yeah, I should have the game, but I don't. They're not precisely backer friendly.
I was also disappointed with how they managed the Kickstarter promises.
Even more so, because I am a backer and I can´t redeem the DLC here on GOG, where I wanted the game in the first place.

I gave my Steam key as a gift to my boyfriend, as I have no interest in Steam and bought the game here for full price (so, basically, I paid twice) and I am still a bit bitter about knowing that the last DLC, which is supposed to be free for backers, I would have to buy again, because they for sure will provide only Steam keys,
Actually sounds pretty neat and I like when a dev goes "out there" and introduces a new gameplay loop.

The name is sort of stupid though. I get it - building up a new settlement "From the Ashes" but it sounds a bit too dark and more "plot oriented" than something that would give a better idea of what you were doing.

Still, will probably grab it at some point. I really enjoyed the game. I never *quite* finished it (which I was bothered less by because of the supposed cliffhanger ending) but I put in A TON of time and really had a good time the whole way through.
rgnrk: In my personal case, I'm a backer but they never cared to give backers drm-free keys. So I don't have the game. I could link it on steam through their page or something; I guess they didn't wan't backers to get rid of their keys either.
Ah interesting, yes I've read some backers have been a bit off put down from what was precisely promised. I'm not a backer and it might sound a bit rude but they did change thing like putting games 1 and 2 together then a three part series and in my opinion made such an awesome game it dosn't matter so much that they kept exactly to their early projections but I do understand about rewarding people that 'funded' the game to being with. It's why I don't do Kickstarters because your basically pre-ordering a game that isn't even made yet and much can change during the actual making of a game.
Post edited July 06, 2018 by David9855
markrichardb: A couple of months before that the studio unveiled a 'DLC roadmap'. Hi res version here:

https://www.gamereactor.eu/media/94/kingdomcome_2469453b.jpg
i_hope_you_rot: Wow . So many cut out content .
Wow, so many people thinking that post-release added content is always cut-out content...
I see where this is going. So, a wait until GOTY/Ultimate/Legendary it is then. :)
Technically they never offered a DRM-free version in their Kickstarter, only Steam was mentioned, that's the reason why I didn't back this game in the first place. They announced they would also release the game on Gog much later.

While it happen sometime for studio to provide Gog keys once the game is released here it's not always the case.
BranjoHello: I see where this is going. So, a wait until GOTY/Ultimate/Legendary it is then. :)
At this point, that seems like a sensible thing to do.
Gersen: Technically they never offered a DRM-free version in their Kickstarter, only Steam was mentioned, that's the reason why I didn't back this game in the first place. They announced they would also release the game on Gog much later.

While it happen sometime for studio to provide Gog keys once the game is released here it's not always the case.
You're absolute right. The hinted they would look into it, but they didn't promised it.

Do I care?

No. I'm not saying they are thieves or liars (they would be in my eyes if they had promised it). Only their disregard for backers. There are many companies, and a lot smaller ones, on kickstarter that worked it out and tried to accomodate backers and gave drm-free keys on GOG even when they had it first on itch or humble. They do had a drm-free/GOG release after all, and it was even timed with the Steam one. And yet, they couldn't care less.
I guess that's what happens with companies that try to be AAA.
markrichardb: The new hardcore mode just released the other week too. Navigating through landmarks rather than a compass, selecting from negative perks like Claustrophobia or Tapeworm, and various other tweaks.

A couple of months before that the studio unveiled a 'DLC roadmap'. Hi res version here:

https://www.gamereactor.eu/media/94/kingdomcome_2469453b.jpg
Thank you for posting this! I was just about to purchase the base game with both DLCs when I thought I should scan this thread first. Now I know to hold off buying until a complete version comes out next year with all DLC.
Just my 2cts.: I (not a backer) absolutely agree with what several here said. Promised or not promised. It was possible for them to give those backers who wanted DRM-free GOG keys those keys. Without the backers they would not have anything to sell at all. So I would join the bandwagon and say "screw them" and never support them again. For me it is nearly as important WHO I am supporting as WHAT I am supporting.