It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Come get your arcade kicks.

The KING OF FIGHTERS XIII GALAXY EDITION is finally here, DRM-free and 33% off until September 21, 10 am UTC.
With improved online play, a roster of 36 characters available right from the start, and a slew of addictive modes, GALAXY EDITION packs quite a punch. Kick some butt 3vs3 with a team of your own choosing, tackle Time Attack, Survival, and Trial missions, or go for the Story, exploring the trials and tribulations of Ash Crimson.

Since we're on it, go ahead and scratch that arcade itch with our grand SNK Sale, with legends like METAL SLUG, SAMURAI SHODOWN, FATAL FURY and many more going for up to 50% off until September 17th, 10pm UTC.
di0nizus: This is such great news! Can't beileve we've got KOF XIII here on GOG!

Already bought it plus kof 98/2002 UM/2000, Garou and all Metal Slug games <3

C'mon people, support SNK so we may get KOF XIV and SNK Heroines :D
I want the new Samurai Spirits
While the game looks pretty fun, the "GALAXY EDITION" in the title is enough for me to actually hate it! I'm tired of GOGs passive-aggressive attitude towards customers who don't use their client.

BTW, why are the pixelart of the fighters so blurry, compared to the crisp backgrounds?
Post edited September 17, 2018 by KasperHviid
kagon01: Interesting..., but it seems that the host will have an advantage in the online, while the guest may struggle in the netplay.
gftrexler: Agreed, I expect the client to incur all the lag, so it's probably only viable if you're in the same state and or city. At any rate, I'll be buying the GOG version, so I'll have it on PS3, Steam, and GOG.
I have it on Steam but no longer own a PS3. To me, this is the last real KOF game. KOF XIII is art, KOF XIV is just another fighting game.

Seeing this version released on GOG, along with SNK doing special things for its 40th Anniversary, had me thinking maybe a re-release of this game for PS4 might be happening. I currently don't own a decent PC that would run this game.

Please, please, please, SNK, let me get what I want this time.... And re-release this for PS4. If you do I promise I'll buy it on PS4 AND here on GOG as well.
KasperHviid: While the game looks pretty fun, the "GALAXY EDITION" in the title is enough for me to actually hate it! I'm tired of GOGs passive-aggressive attitude towards customers who don't use their client.

BTW, why are the pixelart of the fighters so blurry, compared to the crisp backgrounds?
going to need less edge on that
KasperHviid: While the game looks pretty fun, the "GALAXY EDITION" in the title is enough for me to actually hate it! I'm tired of GOGs passive-aggressive attitude towards customers who don't use their client.

Passive aggressive, Seriously? KOF 13 was originally an arcade game ported to consoles who's multiplayer framework is client/server based. That was then ported to Steam using Steam's multiplayer framework, again client/server based. The Galaxy Edition looks to be a port of the Steam Edition to GOG using the Galaxy multiplayer framework.

The ports have never had anything remotely resembling a direct connection to a peer because the console systems they were ported to don't support that, and subsequent ports were based off the console ports. If anything you should be thanking GOG for creating Galaxy so you actually have a shot at playing the game multilayer. If it didn't exist then you'd end up with another BlazBlue Calamity Trigger (no multiplayer).

GOG did not port this game, SNK did, and they put it on the Galaxy framework. If you want to complain, then complain to them for not adding LAN/direct connection support to their PC ports.

Finally, to answer your question. The backgrounds are 720p while the character sprites are 480p.
gftrexler: If it didn't exist then you'd end up with another BlazBlue Calamity Trigger (no multiplayer).
Oh, no! The horror, the horror! (believe it or not, some of us here are fine with no multiplayer or better yet the option of DRM-free multiplayer, such as LAN, not dependent on a client or service).
Bringing fighting games (w/ online mode, of course) to GOG, is a good way to bring more users to the Galaxy client. Way to go, GOG.
rjbuffchix: Oh, no! The horror, the horror! (believe it or not, some of us here are fine with no multiplayer or better yet the option of DRM-free multiplayer, such as LAN, not dependent on a client or service).
If you're fine with no multiplayer then you're welcome to buy the game, and not use Galaxy. All its single player content is there, and you can even do local multiplayer.

I think you misunderstand me though. I would have loved if SNK had provided TCP/IP or LAN as an option for multiplayer matches, but they didn't, and so Galaxy at least exists to fill the multiplayer void.

Maybe one day GOG will release the server component for users to run for themselves or release an API an open source server could be created for.