It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become a recruit of Kindred Aerospace – one of the best interstellar space exploration companies – and determine if the planet ARY-26 planet is fit for humans. Journey to the Savage Planet is now available on GOG.COM and enjoys a 40% discount until 11th February 2021, 5 PM UTC. Set off on a fascinating journey thanks to an action-adventure game where you'll get a chance to utilize many tools along with a slick 3D printer that can turn space trash into useful items.

Want to bring even more fun to the exploring of an alien habitat? Journey to the Savage Planet: Hot Garbage DLC is also available 40% off on GOG.COM until 11th February 2021, 5 PM UTC. During that time if you buy Journey to the Savage Planet base game and its DLC together, you’ll receive an additional 10% discount on both titles.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
New genre: Comedy Survival.
great game!
Post edited January 29, 2021 by Gognarok
Strange. Steam has both of these products included in a deluxe edition that's selling (now) for $20.50.

But as Hustlefan mentioned, if one buys both products, one get's a bigger discount, equaling that $20.50. Cool!
Post edited January 29, 2021 by Bigus Dikus
wolfsite: Just tried playing it offline and I still had access to the Hot Garbage DLC, Multi player was greyed out so it just looks like you need Galaxy for the online multi player component.
Gognarok: i had the same problem. the DLC needs the Galaxy components, but it's not necessary to have the client open.
so it's basically not DRM-free.
Thank you for the info, but can you DL the exe offline and play without launching Galaxy (even 1 time) ??
Gognarok: i had the same problem. the DLC needs the Galaxy components, but it's not necessary to have the client open.
pe7ouill3: Thank you for the info, but can you DL the exe offline and play without launching Galaxy (even 1 time) ??
forget it, i was wrong.
The DLC is working without the Launcher. Just ignore the ingame message about the unavaiable addons.
Post edited January 29, 2021 by Gognarok
Looks really cool so bought.
high rated
pe7ouill3: Thank you for the info, but can you DL the exe offline and play without launching Galaxy (even 1 time) ??
Yes, offline installers are available for the DLC and can be downloaded and installed without Galaxy and doesn't phone home for any activation's.
wolfsite: Yes, offline installers are available for the DLC and can be downloaded and installed without Galaxy and doesn't phone home for any activation's.
ok great, thanks for the precision
Looks cool - kind-of like a cross between the game Planet Nomads and a movie like Journey to a Prehistoric Planet.

(Planet Nomads [PN] itself seems like a "single planet" version of No Man's Sky [NMS]. I have PN but not NMS. PN is pretty fun, if a bit "dry" after awhile - and it's also a little "wonky" here and there. Overall, it's fun).

Now that the DRM aspect appears to be sorted...

I'm interested, but wondering about:

* The save-game style?

* The controls:
** Remappable?
** Works well with KB & Mouse?

(I can go to Steam or YT to find out, I suppose - but maybe someone could topically add it this thread for those others interested...)
Martek: Looks cool - kind-of like a cross between the game Planet Nomads and a movie like Journey to a Prehistoric Planet.

(Planet Nomads [PN] itself seems like a "single planet" version of No Man's Sky [NMS]. I have PN but not NMS. PN is pretty fun, if a bit "dry" after awhile - and it's also a little "wonky" here and there. Overall, it's fun).

Now that the DRM aspect appears to be sorted...

I'm interested, but wondering about:

* The save-game style?

* The controls:
** Remappable?
** Works well with KB & Mouse?

(I can go to Steam or YT to find out, I suppose - but maybe someone could topically add it this thread for those others interested...)
-The game works on an auto save feature, when you die you are respawned at the nearest vat and your items are left nearby were you died so you can re-collect them (So similar to souls style games).

-It plays well using keyboard & Mouse

-Keys are remappable.
wolfsite: -The game works on an auto save feature, when you die you are respawned at the nearest vat and your items are left nearby were you died so you can re-collect them (So similar to souls style games).

-Keys are remappable.
Thank You!

Is it auto-save only? Or can you also go to a "vat" and save there when you want (so you can quit when needed)?
wolfsite: -The game works on an auto save feature, when you die you are respawned at the nearest vat and your items are left nearby were you died so you can re-collect them (So similar to souls style games).

-Keys are remappable.
Martek: Thank You!

Is it auto-save only? Or can you also go to a "vat" and save there when you want (so you can quit when needed)?
So far it's auto save only but there are places (such as entering the ship and collecting a major item) that will save immediately. So it is frequent.
Added to my cart. Looks like fun! Like Planet Nomad and No Man's Sky gave birth to a baby with a terminal case of the tickles. :)

Anyone here knows if the single-player portion of the game offers any replayability?
matterbandit: Added to my cart. Looks like fun! Like Planet Nomad and No Man's Sky gave birth to a baby with a terminal case of the tickles. :)

Anyone here knows if the single-player portion of the game offers any replayability?
Still playing but it has a lot of secret areas and items to find so that does offer replay to go back and find things you missed.
wolfsite: Still playing but it has a lot of secret areas and items to find so that does offer replay to go back and find things you missed.
Good to know! Thx! :)