It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Acquiring the taste.

<span class="bold">Flavour Nexus</span>, a crunchy DLC nugget for the absurd psychoactive adventure Jazzpunk, is now available, DRM-Free on GOG.com. The base game has also been updated to the expanded and even more unhinged <span class="bold">Director's Cut</span> for free.

Secret agent Polyblank was absolutely cut out for this job: to infiltrate the Flavour Nexus and look for the elusive Long Lost Tastebud. But you can't make a spy mess without breaking a few rules, so it's fortunate that he has the licence to lick and chomp on every delicious piece of evidence or gizmo he can find. It's an open buffet of experimental fun - as long as he lives to digest the tale.

GOG exclusive offer: Anyone who pre-orders or has already pre-ordered <span class="bold">Hello Neighbor</span> will get a FREE copy of Jazzpunk: Director's Cut added to their account right away.

Watch the surreal trailer.
Post edited July 25, 2017 by maladr0Id
Another game with a free update, so soon after Dreamfall Chapters? :O

Thanks GOG, and thanks Necrophone Games!

Can't wait to check it out! :)
Don't suppose you could get the Linux version? Would love to play it on my main system
Any info about the difference between the old version and the Director's Cut? The gamecard isn't really helpful.
PaterAlf: Any info about the difference between the old version and the Director's Cut? The gamecard isn't really helpful.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/250260/discussions/0/2119355556479474494/
[off-topic]

This game's name reminds me that Jazz Jackrabbit still isn't on Gog...
Post edited July 25, 2017 by Glaucos
Jazzpunk was one of the best, most fun, unique games I played in recent years (some wouldn't even call it a game, but I honestly don't care; I had way more fun with Jazzpunk than with any "classic gem" CRPG ever made, so, screw it not being a "game"), so I'm really happy to see it getting a Director's Cut -- hopefully one that fixes the crash-to-desktop bug with the turntable mini-game in the last level. I also instantly bought Flavour Nexus, and I've seen it in the game Extras already, I'll be trying it soon.

Thanks so much for this, Necrophone and GOG!
Cannot say i'm impressed. For some strange reason Necrophone dont want to bring Linux version on GOG. BUT they have it on Steam and on Humble Store, yeah. BTW, they dont seem to update in on humble either.

So, if you want to get DRM-FREE and LINUX and DLC to play toghether - you screwed, because Steam is not DRM-free, GOG dont have Linux and Humble dont have DLC and outdaten.

So, nope, no thanks to Necrophone.
PaterAlf: Any info about the difference between the old version and the Director's Cut? The gamecard isn't really helpful.
Initially Director's Cut was a rerelease of game on PS Vita (if i'm not wrong) with a lot of new content (well, not really extremely but worth replaying). New content was kind of exclusive for some time for that platfor, but after around half of year they decided to bring it to PC players and made new DLC
Redfern: Cannot say i'm impressed. For some strange reason Necrophone dont want to bring Linux version on GOG. BUT they have it on Steam and on Humble Store, yeah. BTW, they dont seem to update in on humble either.

So, if you want to get DRM-FREE and LINUX and DLC to play toghether - you screwed, because Steam is not DRM-free, GOG dont have Linux and Humble dont have DLC and outdaten.

I had a real blast playing the Humble Bundle version on Linux. Best game I played in years.
@Necrophone: Any reason why you don't release the Linux versions here on GOG?
Redfern: Cannot say i'm impressed. For some strange reason Necrophone dont want to bring Linux version on GOG. BUT they have it on Steam and on Humble Store, yeah. BTW, they dont seem to update in on humble either.

jorlin: I had a real blast playing the Humble Bundle version on Linux. Best game I played in years.
I agree on that game is great. Tons of fun and complete feeling "like acid". But great game is not always best support :(

I would be purchasing DLC instantly, but i own Jazzpunk on Humble (on which they dont seems to be updating game or bringing DLC) and not extremely willing repurchase it on GOG, especially with Linux support missing. Still, i can consider it in future.

BTW, its sad that developers started to see Humble as another dump for temporary Steam+DRm-free sales with abandoning DRM-free shortly because "we gave you Steam key, ok?". Desura went this way once.
Post edited July 27, 2017 by Redfern
jorlin: I had a real blast playing the Humble Bundle version on Linux. Best game I played in years.
Redfern: I agree on that game is great. Tons of fun and complete feeling "like acid". But great game is not always best support :(

I would be purchasing DLC instantly, but i own Jazzpunk on Humble (on which they dont seems to be updating game or bringing DLC) and not extremely willing repurchase it on GOG, especially with Linux support missing. Still, i can consider it in future.

BTW, its sad that developers started to see Humble as another dump for temporary Steam+DRm-free sales with abandoning DRM-free shortly because "we gave you Steam key, ok?". Desura went this way once.
Both Humble and many Dev groups need to read this. It feels like a cry of disappointment and some anger for dutifully producing a DRM-free version and abandoning it afterwards. I had this lately with the HB Android version of Blackwell Convergence, which contains a crippling bug that does not let you progress past the bloody tutorial. Some Quality Assurance :-( by both HB and Wadjet. I contacted HB support and they contacted Wadjet about this, relaying the message that Wadjet could not be bothered to build an updated version and release it back to HB. Rrraaah! . The Google Play store does have the updated version that includes a fix for this.
Post edited July 27, 2017 by jorlin
After playing a bit of the main mission (just got to the Kai Tak Resort and saved) and through the whole Flavour Nexus expansion, here are my thoughts so far:

The first mission is still the same, they added nothing new to the Darlington Station and Russian Embassy levels (though you can now successfully bypass the retinal scan in the embassy by showing a xerox of your butt; they'll say something like "welcome back, Dr. [insert butt pun name I can't recall]"). Some people encountered a bug in the movie theatre, but I couldn't reproduce it, myself. So far, the game has been smooth and bug-free, for me (though, yes, like someone mentioned before, If I turn v-sync off, the mouse gets jittery, unresponsive and will even get stuck at times. If I leave v-sync on, though, everything plays hunky-dory). I honestly can't notice any graphical updates, I have been playing the game at the second-to-best graphical preset, like I always did (my PC is pretty crappy), and everything looks and feels the same. Maybe there was some slight optimization, as I get more fluid movement and overall gameplay performance.

I still don't know what they added in later missions but, my god!, they expanded the second mission a lot! More alleyways, more side-missions, a whole lot more stuff to do, experience and explore -- plus an addition of an over-the-top wrestler that challenges Polyblank to matches set in a wrestling ring complete with old CRT TV filter. Everything feels natural and, in all fairness, this is probably how the game should have been when it first released; more nonsensical humour for the fans to enjoy, larger levels with more stuff to do and NPCs to interact with, all the while maintaining the spirit and the quality of the original version. I can't wait to see what Necrophone added to the later levels, but even if it isn't much, the additions to the second mission alone justify a Director's Cut (to be fair, this level was previously just a single street with not much to do, not to mention it straight up just led the player to the "main mission objective"). I won't spoil the new stuff they added, since it's best to experience it on our own, but some of it is downright amazing -- and always nonsensically hilarious. Just explore every nook and cranny and find out for yourselves.

As for the Flavour Nexus DLC proper... well, I like it, it's more Jazzpunk. That's basically it. Surreal, trippy, weird fun. Took me around 40 minutes to finish, and I think I did most of what there is to be done, though I'll definitely revisit it later. I found controlling Polyblank odd, though; it's my minor gripe with the expansion. Whereas he still controls the same in the main game, in Flavour Nexus he feels floaty and he definitely slides for a bit after you stopped pressing a direction. Nothing majorly annoying, but worth mentioning, anyway. This DLC can be completed in under 5 minutes if you just do what you're told to do but, like with the rest of Jazzpunk, I think it's all about trying different things and attempting to enjoy every bit of the experience. Like I said, it took me about 40 minutes from start to finish, I guess it could have lasted more if I wanted to look for more stuff to do. It's not going to add three or four hours of "exciting" gameplay to those who already "beat" the main game, but I don't think that's the point of Jazzpunk. It's a nice addition, a cool little extra that can be accessed right from the main menu and played for a bit, for an occasional dose of this weird nonsense we love.

Wedding Cake can now be accessed right from the start in the main menu extras (along with Flavour Nexus), too, and it's more full-fledged. You now unlock maps and characters by playing the main mission, and the game can effectively be played in actual multiplayer. If you enjoyed Wedding Cake before, they made it infinitely better.

And that's it, I guess. If you didn't enjoy Jazzpunk before, this new edition + DLC doesn't make it different or more appealing, it's basically more of the same offbeat stuff we fans already loved to begin with. I should also add that if, for some reason or other, you preferred the previous version of the game, or if you want to compare the original with the Director's Cut, GOG Galaxy does allow us to rollback to the previous (3 years old) version.

If you think Jazzpunk might be up your alley but haven't picked it up, yet, I can't recommend this new version enough. It's basically extended Jazzpunk, and it's the best version of the game that has ever been sold, so go grab it now, with or without the Flavour Nexus DLC.
Post edited July 28, 2017 by groze
groze: After playing a bit of the main mission (just got to the Kai Tak Resort and saved) and through the whole Flavour Nexus expansion, here are my thoughts so far:

The first mission is still the same, they added nothing new to the Darlington Station and Russian Embassy levels (though you can now successfully bypass the retinal scan in the embassy by showing a xerox of your butt; they'll say something like "welcome back, Dr. [insert butt pun name I can't recall]").

And that's it, I guess. If you didn't enjoy Jazzpunk before, this new edition + DLC doesn't make it different or more appealing, it's basically more of the same offbeat stuff we fans already loved to begin with.
As far as i recall Xerox buttscan worked in original Jazzpunk too. I think so, at least.

About Director's Cut just being extended Juzzpunk...well, if he doesnt this will be NOT Jazzpunk! Game developers made exactly that customers asked - more crazy stuff! And its perfect!