It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fast-paced and card-based.

Incredibly quick and tactical: Ironclad Tactics Deluxe, the strategy card game from Zachtronics (the guys behind SpaceChem) just joined the DRM-free GOG.com catalogue and is now available for Windows, OS X, and Linux with a weeklong 33% discount.

Construct the strongest deck you can muster from your collection of cards and set out to defeat your opponents at lightning speeds - that’s precisely what Ironclad Tactics is all about. You will be dropped into a steampunk-styled American Civil War setting that features a varied mix of human and machine warriors - all of which can be collected and played as cards in fast-paced combat.

Aspiring tacticians beware: this game is known for a steep difficulty curve, so expect many a frustrating loss - but the more seasoned strategy generals will know this just adds an extra sense of victory to every win.

The Deluxe Edition of the game includes the following bonus content:

-- The Rise of Dmitry - the first add-on campaign for Ironclad Tactics. Explore the backstory of Dmitry, and unlock his fearsome army by completing new missions against new foes.
-- The "Fort Phantom Ridge" gauntlet mission - a six-stage battle set in Dmitry's greatest factory-fort.
-- Blood and Ironclads, the add-on campaign for Ironclad Tactics about the Franco-Prussian war... With ironclads!
-- A high-quality digital artbook with concept art, designs, and commentary from the Zachtronics team.
-- A printable papercraft model of an ironclad that you can print out and assemble.
-- The Ironclad Tactics OST, with music by Evan Le Ny and Farewell to the Woods.
-- A giftable copy of SpaceChem with the SpaceChem: 63 Corvi DLC for the first week, free until Tuesday, June 30th at 9:59am GMT.

Hop right into Ironclad Tactics Deluxe, an immersive, beautifully crafted card deck strategy, now available DRM-free at GOG.com. The 33% discount lasts one week, until Tuesday, June 30th at 9:59am GMT.

P.S. -- A tip from the experts - you can repair your ironclads. Do it, often.

What does the press say?

“Ironclad Tactics is a streamlined take on deck-building that still manages to offer huge variety in its armies, and beyond all of that has great sound effects when you squish little dudes under hulking behemoths.” -- Rock Paper Shotgun

“Some games throw curve balls. Ironclad Tactics pitches razor-lined orbs of flaming, molten death.” -- US Gamer

“Ironclad Tactics is definitely worth a look for any lover of collectible card style games who’s looking for a fresh system to master.” -- Gaming Trend
low rated
amok: Mate, this is not GOG.... this is DRM-Free GOG!

Because you know, DRM-free needs to DRM-free be DRM-free mentioned at all DRM-free opportunists, just in case you forget that GOG is DRM-free, beacuse you know, it is DRM-free. Which is why we need to mention that it is DRM-free as much as we DRM-free must! Just because we DRM-free care!
timppu: Yeah, I've noticed already for a long time that you and certain others are annoyed by the whole DRM-free aspect of GOG.

I never figured out why it is annoying you so much, It isn't any more of a crime than promoting old classics, because, you know, Steam and other places have old games too, and they don't make any big number of them you know! Bloody murder! Damn you "Good Old Games", even promoting old games in their name! Marketing bull!

Get over it.
You mean"DRM-free bloody murder" and "get DRM-free over it" :)

I do not mind DRM-free at all, in fact (as I have said over and over again) for conservation purposes DRM-free is the way to go. I dislike how gOg is using it as sale gimmick... sorry.... DRM-free sale gimmick. It just gets.... DRM-free old. Like in this post, it is hinting that this is yet another victory for the DRM-free revolution (tm), when it is already DRM-free from before. Is it really needed for gOg to put DRM-free in every single announcement they make? As far as I remember they did not put "good old" in every single announcement back in those days, the focus then was on the game.

The term "DRM-free" on gOg is loosing its meaning, and is now becoming marketing only. But I guess that's the way it goes.
Post edited June 23, 2015 by amok
high rated
amok: I do not mind DRM-free at all, in fact (as I have said over and over again) for conservation purposes DRM-free is the way to go. I dislike how gOg is using it as sale gimmick... sorry.... DRM-free sale gimmick. It just gets.... DRM-free old. Like in this post, it is hinting that this is yet another victory for the DRM-free revolution (tm), when it is already DRM-free from before. Is it really needed for gOg to put DRM-free in every single announcement they make? As far as I remember they did not put "good old" in every single announcement back in those days, the focus then was on the game.
Not at all, GOG used it even in their store name! That's just bull, as if lots of LucasArts classics weren't on Steam already before GOG! /sarcasm

Yes, GoG uses DRM-free as a marketing angle for their store, so what? No reason for you to get your panties twisted over it.

From my point of view, it is good GOG keeps promoting DRM-free gaming, as for the other stores it seems to be more like "meh, some of our games may have a DRM-free version as well, but we don't necessarily update it at all, that's what the Steam key is for...". Just like with the classic games, it is good GOG takes DRM-free gaming more seriously than Desura, HumbleStore or <insert-any-other-generic-Steam-key-store-here>.

By the way, did i mention that the DRM-free installers on HumbleBundles are a total mess? Fuck I really hope they'd take DRM-free gaming more seriously, like GOG does.
Post edited June 23, 2015 by timppu
viperfdl: @game
Turns with 5sec time limits. No, thank you. I'm to old for that kind of madness...
Really? Even for single player?
I could understand if multiplayer had a 30 second turn limit but it makes no sense in single player.
Oh well I guess I'll pass too.
amok: This is what is annoying me with gOg lately - do you really need to put "DRM-free" in every single announcment you make? Especially considering the game is already DRM-free elsewhere. What is wrong with "[...] just joined the GOG.com catalogue [...]"? You just make "DRM-free" marketing bull....

Other than that, the game is worth it, if you do not already have it and like turn-based strategy games on lines thingies. Zachtronics Industries is good at what they do. The style is quite good.
Is the deluxe edition DRM-free elsewhere? As far as I can find, all the DLC has only been available on (via) Steam. So the DRM-free label appears relevant.

That said, the release price is a little strange. Eight hours ago, this deluxe edition was available elsewhere (though not DRM-free) for $2.25. It is still available as such for $6.
Post edited June 23, 2015 by grimwerk
amok: I do not mind DRM-free at all, in fact (as I have said over and over again) for conservation purposes DRM-free is the way to go. I dislike how gOg is using it as sale gimmick... sorry.... DRM-free sale gimmick. It just gets.... DRM-free old. Like in this post, it is hinting that this is yet another victory for the DRM-free revolution (tm), when it is already DRM-free from before. Is it really needed for gOg to put DRM-free in every single announcement they make? As far as I remember they did not put "good old" in every single announcement back in those days, the focus then was on the game.
timppu: Not at all, GOG used it even in their store name! That's just bull, as if lots of LucasArts classics weren't on Steam already before GOG! /sarcasm

Yes, GoG uses DRM-free as a marketing angle for their store, so what? No reason for you to get your panties twisted over it.

From my point of view, it is good GOG keeps promoting DRM-free gaming, as for the other stores it seems to be more like "meh, some of our games may have a DRM-free version as well, but we don't necessarily update it at all, that's what the Steam key is for...". Just like with the classic games, it is good GOG takes DRM-free gaming more seriously than Desura, HumbleStore or <insert-any-other-generic-Steam-key-store-here>.
I notices how you cut out the last line from my post.

But yeah, that's fine. Your choice. I do not like it when an ideology is used for marketing, but if you don't have a problem with that, that's really not my problem either. I do like it when the product is what is important, not the politics. You do as you like, and I do as I like, and I will say so when I see things that I do not like... whether you like it or not, as that's rally not what I care about. gOg is not promoting DRM-free gaming, gOg is promoting gOg.
high rated
OldFatGuy: And I think it's important to include some aggregation of the down and dirty details that go on behind the scenes of games that you just don't get explained in any tutorial. For example, what exactly is the advantage of attacking a skeleton with a bludgeoning weapon versus a slashing one? Ever see that explained in a tutorial? That's the kind of stuff that used to be in manuals. Then manuals got skimpier and they started appearing solely in extra purchased "game guides" and now manuals are disappearing altogether and one is expected to look up the wiki.

You think that's a positive step, okay, I think it's three steps in the wrong direction. And not that I have anything against tutorials or wikis, as I don't wish they would go away, I just want my manual that I can carry with me (after I print it out if it's an electronic version) to the reading room. So I'll just continue to vote with my wallet and voice by letting them know this is a sale they would've had but for a manual. if they don't care (and I suspect they don't) then they won't change a thing and will never make manuals (and I won't change a thing and won't buy their games). And the sun will still come up.
lostwolfe: while i don't outright refuse to buy games that don't have manuals, i completely understand where you're coming from :)
I agree to that too. Manuals are a good part of my childhood, when you got your game, and read the manual in the car home or in the toilets =P Manuals do not only need to be informative, they can contain lore, factoids, stories...

For example, the manuals of Baldur's Gate or Battle Realms are a blast to read ! The manual of Pharaoh was also neat, as for Zeus. You learned things about the universe you were playing not as a gamer, but as someone part of that universe. Your charachters KNOW things by living there. It would seem quite stupid that you as a player would hinder their chances at winning because you didn't take some time to learn more about the lore. Learning by yourself comes next, when you master the basics.

So even if I don't outvote people who don't make manuals, I heartilly applaud those wo do ^^ (and for the record, didn't CD Projekt edit a manual for The WItcher 3 ? What, are they retards for that ?).
viperfdl: @game
Turns with 5sec time limits. No, thank you. I'm to old for that kind of madness...
Siegor: Really? Even for single player?
I could understand if multiplayer had a 30 second turn limit but it makes no sense in single player.
As far as I have seen in the video posted by amok: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFcLfxok4iw
timppu: From my point of view, it is good GOG keeps promoting DRM-free gaming
GOG isn't promoting DRM-free gaming. All GOG is promoting is GOG. Which is fine, it's not like I expect them to promote competition even when relevant - that doesn't change much tho.
Post edited June 23, 2015 by Fenixp
Haven't heard the soundtrack but appreciate the FLAC inclusion here.
deonast: Haven't heard the soundtrack but appreciate the FLAC inclusion here.
You can listen to it here.
Post edited June 23, 2015 by zeffyr
high rated
amok: I notices how you cut out the last line from my post.
I kept only the relevant part. So? Here's the "missing" line:

amok: The term "DRM-free" on gOg is loosing its meaning, and is now becoming marketing only. But I guess that's the way it goes.
What does that even mean? Losing meaning how? Since I still get DRM-free games from GOG and GOG clearly takes DRM-free gaming more seriously than the other sites, it is much more than "marketing only".

Take for example HumbleBundles, who doesn't take DRM-free gaming seriously, hence their DRM-free installers (for those games that they have) are a total mess.

amok: But yeah, that's fine. Your choice. I do not like it when an ideology is used for marketing
You keep saying that, but it has nothing to do with "ideology". That's the problem with you, your condescending tone.

GOG taking DRM-free gaming more seriously than other sites does benefit me, a lot. It is part of the service they are offering to me. It is not any more "ideology" or "politics" than someone wanting to buy games for Steam because they happen to like the service so much (auto-update, trading cards, friends, etc.).
Siegor: Really? Even for single player?
viperfdl: As far as I have seen in the video posted by amok: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFcLfxok4iw
5 seconds, that's more RTS than TBS. Can someone confirm that for the GOG version?
This game looks awesome!
timppu: From my point of view, it is good GOG keeps promoting DRM-free gaming
Fenixp: GOG isn't promoting DRM-free gaming. All GOG is promoting is GOG.
That's just empty semantics. You could just as well say that when GOG was more focused to only Good Old Games, GOG was not promoting classic PC gaming, but they were promoting GOG.com. Ummm, ok, I guess. Relevance?

GOG takes DRM-free gaming more seriously than the other sites, and I like that. It is part of the extra service that they are offering, and It is not "politics" nor "ideology".
timppu: That's just empty semantics. You could just as well say that when GOG was more focused to only Good Old Games, GOG was not promoting classic PC gaming, but they were promoting GOG.com. Ummm, ok, I guess. Relevance?
Relevance being that GOG is already raising a culture of GOG = DRM-free gaming that I've noticed several times aroud the boards, which is a very dangerous and unhealthy culture indeed. Something similar happened in the past with entirely different platform, replacing the "DRM-free gaming" with "PC gaming" in the equation, and the PC gaming market has still not managed to dig itself out of that hole. Wait a second, what was that other ... Oh right, Steam! Exclusivity is bad. Always. ("But GOG doesn't carry any exlusive titles!" - yes, it's also actively trying to gain certain exclusivity in purchasing habits.) If GOG stood for DRM-free gaming, they would be reporting on what happens in the gaming world related to DRM or indeed DRM-free outside of scope of GOG. As it stands, GOG is a store which by its politics also benefits the player - I find GOG's attempts at bulding a loyal following worrying. Just as I find those attempts worrying in any store in existence.

timppu: GOG takes DRM-free gaming more seriously than the other sites, and that is good for me. It is part of the extra service that they are offering, and I It is not "politics" nor "ideology".
Of course it's both politics and ideology. I'm glad it also carries proper consumer benefits.
Post edited June 23, 2015 by Fenixp