It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fast-paced and card-based.

Incredibly quick and tactical: Ironclad Tactics Deluxe, the strategy card game from Zachtronics (the guys behind SpaceChem) just joined the DRM-free GOG.com catalogue and is now available for Windows, OS X, and Linux with a weeklong 33% discount.

Construct the strongest deck you can muster from your collection of cards and set out to defeat your opponents at lightning speeds - that’s precisely what Ironclad Tactics is all about. You will be dropped into a steampunk-styled American Civil War setting that features a varied mix of human and machine warriors - all of which can be collected and played as cards in fast-paced combat.

Aspiring tacticians beware: this game is known for a steep difficulty curve, so expect many a frustrating loss - but the more seasoned strategy generals will know this just adds an extra sense of victory to every win.

The Deluxe Edition of the game includes the following bonus content:

-- The Rise of Dmitry - the first add-on campaign for Ironclad Tactics. Explore the backstory of Dmitry, and unlock his fearsome army by completing new missions against new foes.
-- The "Fort Phantom Ridge" gauntlet mission - a six-stage battle set in Dmitry's greatest factory-fort.
-- Blood and Ironclads, the add-on campaign for Ironclad Tactics about the Franco-Prussian war... With ironclads!
-- A high-quality digital artbook with concept art, designs, and commentary from the Zachtronics team.
-- A printable papercraft model of an ironclad that you can print out and assemble.
-- The Ironclad Tactics OST, with music by Evan Le Ny and Farewell to the Woods.
-- A giftable copy of SpaceChem with the SpaceChem: 63 Corvi DLC for the first week, free until Tuesday, June 30th at 9:59am GMT.

Hop right into Ironclad Tactics Deluxe, an immersive, beautifully crafted card deck strategy, now available DRM-free at GOG.com. The 33% discount lasts one week, until Tuesday, June 30th at 9:59am GMT.

P.S. -- A tip from the experts - you can repair your ironclads. Do it, often.

What does the press say?

“Ironclad Tactics is a streamlined take on deck-building that still manages to offer huge variety in its armies, and beyond all of that has great sound effects when you squish little dudes under hulking behemoths.” -- Rock Paper Shotgun

“Some games throw curve balls. Ironclad Tactics pitches razor-lined orbs of flaming, molten death.” -- US Gamer

“Ironclad Tactics is definitely worth a look for any lover of collectible card style games who’s looking for a fresh system to master.” -- Gaming Trend
This looks interesting and reminds of me North & South on the Amiga.
Nice release. I liked the basegame and now I can also play the addons.
Post edited June 23, 2015 by Silverhawk170485
Looks interesting but not buying after the sales.
zeffyr: Who makes manuals these days? :>
OldFatGuy: Dunno, but they're the only companies I'll be buying from.
Will you be buying games without manuals for the scammers, or is this crazy anachronistic boycott just for your own purchases?
OldFatGuy: Looks very interesting, would buy it, but....

no manual
no sale.
Because static copywriter trash that you need to alt-tab to really adds to the game.
This ain't Crypt of the Necrodancer. Bummer. I'm only half-joking, too. =/
low rated
Nice to see so many supportive gamers here. You know, I think I'll start advocating for all games to REQUIRE to be played with game controllers, because fuck all of you others who just insist on sticking with the keyboard and mouse. that's the ticket.

I mean because I want a manual, but you don't like manuals, you would insist I'm being "crazy" or "stupid" then I suppose all you idiots out there that insist on sticking with the old school keyboard and mouse are just morons and I hope all games no longer give you that option.

Assholes
I have to laugh at the fact that I was just about to buy this at Humble today, but changed my mind because the DLC was Steam only.

I kinda feel like one of those conspiracy nuts, because a lot of the time lately I'm looking at a game and it just happens to pop up on GOG moments later.
zeffyr: Who makes manuals these days? :>
OldFatGuy: Dunno, but they're the only companies I'll be buying from.
Very difficult to find games with proper manuals nowadays. Maybe this is because almost noone reads these manuals since modern games have ingame tutorials. It's learning by doing.
amok: This is what is annoying me with gOg lately - do you really need to put "DRM-free" in every single announcment you make? Especially considering the game is already DRM-free elsewhere. What is wrong with "[...] just joined the GOG.com catalogue [...]"? You just make "DRM-free" marketing bull....

Other than that, the game is worth it, if you do not already have it and like turn-based strategy games on lines thingies. Zachtronics Industries is good at what they do. The style is quite good.

TB did a WTF is almost a year ago - take a look to see what the game looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFcLfxok4iw
Niggles: Mate this is GOG. Not DRM free (insert store name). Go back hide under your alternative store rock.
Mate, this is not GOG.... this is DRM-Free GOG!

Because you know, DRM-free needs to DRM-free be DRM-free mentioned at all DRM-free opportunists, just in case you forget that GOG is DRM-free, beacuse you know, it is DRM-free. Which is why we need to mention that it is DRM-free as much as we DRM-free must! Just because we DRM-free care!
OldFatGuy: Looks very interesting, would buy it, but....

no manual
no sale.
A well made game do not need manuals. The game should be intuitive and explained within the context of the game (which is not the same as having a tutorial stage...).
Post edited June 23, 2015 by amok
amok: Mate, this is not GOG.... this is DRM-Free GOG!

Because you know, DRM-free needs to DRM-free be DRM-free mentioned at all DRM-free opportunists, just in case you forget that GOG is DRM-free, beacuse you know, it is DRM-free. Which is why we need to mention that it is DRM-free as much as we DRM-free must! Just because we DRM-free care!
Hey, you wrote GOG with capital Gs. :D
Silverhawk170485: Very difficult to find games with proper manuals nowadays. Maybe this is because almost noone reads these manuals since modern games have ingame tutorials. It's learning by doing.
Yeah, I know. And I get that others don't like to bother with manuals. I do though, and am just registering my vote with my wallet to the producers and sellers of games that my money won't be got unless the game includes a manual.
OldFatGuy: I mean because I want a manual, but you don't like manuals, you would insist I'm being "crazy" or "stupid" then I suppose all you idiots out there that insist on sticking with the old school keyboard and mouse are just morons and I hope all games no longer give you that option.
Well... Starmaker is an asshole for quite some time now, I thought that was a fact nobody is going to really argue about, Starmaker himself included :-P

Still, I think the important bit here is that games nowadays are designed around not needing manual - intead of writing up a ton of words about their games, game designers are slowly learning to create games in such a way that those words are not needed at all. Instead of spending time writing a manual, it's common practice to spend time to make a game intuitive and easy to learn - effectively rendering manuals useless. I have no clue how good UI and tutorial are in Ironclad specifically, but the move away from non-interactive media to explain interactive videogames is generally a positive one.

amok: A well made game do not need manuals. The game should be intuitive and explained within the context of the game (which is not the same as having a tutorial stage...).
As far as I'm concerned, every game needs a tutorial stage. The best tutorial stage is one in which player never even notices he's playing a tutorial.
Post edited June 23, 2015 by Fenixp
Silverhawk170485: Very difficult to find games with proper manuals nowadays. Maybe this is because almost noone reads these manuals since modern games have ingame tutorials. It's learning by doing.
OldFatGuy: Yeah, I know. And I get that others don't like to bother with manuals. I do though, and am just registering my vote with my wallet to the producers and sellers of games that my money won't be got unless the game includes a manual.
You know that those manuals became FAQs and forums all over the web. The idea of a manual becomes less adequate these days.

I see you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today ;-)
GOG.com: in English, Russian, French, Italian, German and Spanish
Gamecard says only english.
Steam has only english.
A french review has english screenshots.

Is it really available in the others languages ?