It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fast-paced and card-based.

Incredibly quick and tactical: Ironclad Tactics Deluxe, the strategy card game from Zachtronics (the guys behind SpaceChem) just joined the DRM-free GOG.com catalogue and is now available for Windows, OS X, and Linux with a weeklong 33% discount.

Construct the strongest deck you can muster from your collection of cards and set out to defeat your opponents at lightning speeds - that’s precisely what Ironclad Tactics is all about. You will be dropped into a steampunk-styled American Civil War setting that features a varied mix of human and machine warriors - all of which can be collected and played as cards in fast-paced combat.

Aspiring tacticians beware: this game is known for a steep difficulty curve, so expect many a frustrating loss - but the more seasoned strategy generals will know this just adds an extra sense of victory to every win.

The Deluxe Edition of the game includes the following bonus content:

-- The Rise of Dmitry - the first add-on campaign for Ironclad Tactics. Explore the backstory of Dmitry, and unlock his fearsome army by completing new missions against new foes.
-- The "Fort Phantom Ridge" gauntlet mission - a six-stage battle set in Dmitry's greatest factory-fort.
-- Blood and Ironclads, the add-on campaign for Ironclad Tactics about the Franco-Prussian war... With ironclads!
-- A high-quality digital artbook with concept art, designs, and commentary from the Zachtronics team.
-- A printable papercraft model of an ironclad that you can print out and assemble.
-- The Ironclad Tactics OST, with music by Evan Le Ny and Farewell to the Woods.
-- A giftable copy of SpaceChem with the SpaceChem: 63 Corvi DLC for the first week, free until Tuesday, June 30th at 9:59am GMT.

Hop right into Ironclad Tactics Deluxe, an immersive, beautifully crafted card deck strategy, now available DRM-free at GOG.com. The 33% discount lasts one week, until Tuesday, June 30th at 9:59am GMT.

P.S. -- A tip from the experts - you can repair your ironclads. Do it, often.

What does the press say?

“Ironclad Tactics is a streamlined take on deck-building that still manages to offer huge variety in its armies, and beyond all of that has great sound effects when you squish little dudes under hulking behemoths.” -- Rock Paper Shotgun

“Some games throw curve balls. Ironclad Tactics pitches razor-lined orbs of flaming, molten death.” -- US Gamer

“Ironclad Tactics is definitely worth a look for any lover of collectible card style games who’s looking for a fresh system to master.” -- Gaming Trend
For those of you who want to see more of the game (or the GOG version in particular) there'll be a stream of Ironclad Tactics Deluxe on GOGom's twitch on Wednesday, 10pm CEST / 4pm EDT / 1 pm PDT, and the developer will be there as well (on audio) to answer questions:
http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom
Fenixp: Not necessarily
(...)
It's very anecdotal evidence of course
(...)
That doesn't really mean much.
(...)
silly
(...)
not really revolutionary.
So what you're saying overall is that you have a vaguely bad feeling about something... right?
You've been here as long as I have. I think it goes without saying that one doesn't have to do things EITHER out of pure cynical greed OR our of pure good will and altruism. You can have both. I understand the fact that GOG is a business and wants to make money, but I still believe that they want to get their money while doing something... noble. I get that, say, Google knows where I live and makes a profit in a bajillion ways, but that doesn't stop them from providing services that really help people, nor does it mean that they don't care about anything OTHER than making a profit.
Speaking of loyalty:
NHO HWAN EEZ LOYAL.
EVERYWAHN EEZ HERETEEC.
Grargar: Try doing the following. Click the game's box, "More", "Serial keys".
Thanks mate, that did it. Maybe I need to start a giveaway thread for all these spares now?
gamesfreak64: btw how can you trade? i assume you ask a user if he/she wants to trade, but how will the codes go? i asume sending the code in pm would not be wise cause how can we be sure the other side will send a code aswell ?
Grargar: It's all based on a system of trust. Read the guidelines here and when in doubt of the person that asks you for a trade, you're advised to ask one of the older members here for advice.
thanks, i browsed the topic, they seem to have a lot of games already.
Let the superfluous key gifting begin!
Vestin: WTF?
They are trying to appeal to people to get their money. They keep giving me what I want, I keep giving them what they want. What part of this should worry anyone? Is "loyalty" suddenly a bad thing? Are efforts at building it, consisting of doing good things for people, bad things?

It's like the "good guy" hatred - I don't get it. People who are kind to you don't deserve to be treated WORSE than ones who are neutral. A degree of appreciation is natural.
LordCinnamon: Haha, yeah, to be honest reading this thread kind of felt like I stepped into a bizarro world parallel universe. And an annoying one too, since I actually was looking for information about the game just released.
Exactly the same feeling. The two threads I read today is this one and the one regarding the petition for the new Metroid game on 3DS. I mean, I love games (have a too big collection for my own good :) ) but some people should really revise their priorities in life and focus on the real struggles.

Now, if in 10 years, GOG management is the leader of a cult who want to take control of all my money / life / time, I'll apologize (but they'll have a tough fight against Google / Apple / Name a few other big corps here).
I hope this means we'll get Infinifactory here.
It's so good to know the truth is out about "Beats". While it was obvious from the start, and completely apparent when Apple bought them (common, Apple, a company renowned for selling overpriced bullshit to sheep - the only way it can get away with such a high profit margin), it still somehow went off the radar of so many self proclaimed music enthusiasts that finally know themselves to be utter idiots.
Seems interesting though the five second timer does make it less appealing. Will put on the wishlist for now.
Vestin: So what you're saying overall is that you have a vaguely bad feeling about something... right?
Yes. I mostly don't like the direction in which I see the community heading.

Vestin: You've been here as long as I have. I think it goes without saying that one doesn't have to do things EITHER out of pure cynical greed OR our of pure good will and altruism. You can have both. I understand the fact that GOG is a business and wants to make money, but I still believe that they want to get their money while doing something... noble. I get that, say, Google knows where I live and makes a profit in a bajillion ways, but that doesn't stop them from providing services that really help people, nor does it mean that they don't care about anything OTHER than making a profit.
You still seem to believe that I'm attributing malicious intent to GOG - I'm not really trying to do that. At worst I'm saying that GOG is attempting to survive in today's market. I do believe that the direction in which GOG is going, however, is taking an aspect of what people want to see and putting it up on an ideological pedestal, continuously reinforcing what people want to hear. I don't think my worries are completely unfounded.

Vestin: Speaking of loyalty:
NHO HWAN EEZ LOYAL.
EVERYWAHN EEZ HERETEEC.
Is that ... Social satire in WH40k form?
Post edited June 24, 2015 by Fenixp
Grilledfish: I hope this means we'll get Infinifactory here.
I hope so, too. It should be out of early access soonish, along with TIS-100. It'd be sad if the best educational games out there required third-party adware.
Fenixp: I mostly don't like the direction in which I see the community heading.
With no further information, this statement doesn't make me trust the community less... It makes me trust YOU less.
The last I've seen, this community was still one of the few reasonable places on the Internet...
What I sincerely hope is that you don't distrust this community for the same reason I have faith in it...

Fenixp: You still seem to believe that I'm attributing malicious intent to GOG
No. To put things in VERY simple and exaggerated terms, I'm not saying you are saying GOG is bad. I'm saying that you are saying GOG is merely neutral and pretends to be good. I'm saying that they are genuinely good but still a business. As in - they're not in it JUST for the money, they're in it to "make the world a better place" AND make money while they're at it. Hyperbole in mind, I hope I made this clear and you won't pester me about particular terms and quantities...

Fenixp: I do believe that the direction in which GOG is going, however, is taking an aspect of what people want to see and putting it up on an ideological pedestal, continuously reinforcing what people want to hear. I don't think my worries are completely unfounded.
They're... not unfounded. That's absolutely the case. What you fail to realize is that THIS IS NOT A BAD THING.
Hell - I am, and for the longest time have been, one of the people pushing for the term "DRM-free revolution" to retain meaning, impact, and association with GOG. I also have a Steam account and Diablo 3 on Battle.net... So - am I a blind zealot or some sort of hypocrite? I don't think so. I just know when and where to pick my fights. I support our "revolution", but that doesn't stop me from facing reality.

Vestin: Speaking of loyalty:
NHO HWAN EEZ LOYAL.
EVERYWAHN EEZ HERETEEC.
Fenixp: Is that ... Social satire in WH40k form?
No, that's WH40k satire in Cultist-chan form.
Vestin: You've been here as long as I have. I think it goes without saying that one doesn't have to do things EITHER out of pure cynical greed OR our of pure good will and altruism. You can have both. I understand the fact that GOG is a business and wants to make money, but I still believe that they want to get their money while doing something... noble. I get that, say, Google knows where I live and makes a profit in a bajillion ways, but that doesn't stop them from providing services that really help people, nor does it mean that they don't care about anything OTHER than making a profit.
Fenixp: You still seem to believe that I'm attributing malicious intent to GOG - I'm not really trying to do that. At worst I'm saying that GOG is attempting to survive in today's market. I do believe that the direction in which GOG is going, however, is taking an aspect of what people want to see and putting it up on an ideological pedestal, continuously reinforcing what people want to hear. I don't think my worries are completely unfounded.
I think it's more on the grounds of:
Gog started as a service built upon principles, highly valued ones by anyone who cares.
In time, and in order to evolve and earn more, Gog decided to leave some of the lower profile principles behind, and heighten the remaining.
This decision is obviously not out of pure care for the customers, community or P.C. gaming, and most likely aimed towards maximum (possible) profit.
The result still benefits especially the Drm-Free seeking crowd, which gets the best Drm-Free service currently available
- Every title here is (supposedly) the best version of a Drm-Free build (with QA, and hopefully updated to be concurrent).
- There IS customer and tech support (both in terms of client care and respect and in terms of assistance in running).
- The prices are competitive, some even at Gog's expense (Fair price), especially if including the stated above.
- New titles are added constantly, including major publishers that wouldn't even think of dealing with smaller enterprises like DotEmu (a shame), FireFlower (why not?), not to mention ventures the likes of Desura... and (I assume) Humble Bundle (and Indie Gala?) only gets their Drm-Free build if they offer a Steam key as well (and I doubt they even care about smaller sites like Groupees).
So in this sense - the claim "They didn't put their game on Gog = They don't care for Drm-Free!" is completely justified.

So yes, Gog might be in it for their personal gain, and they may even ruin some for the rest of us (by giving in to regional pricing for example), but the world of gaming as whole is definitely better due to their efforts and they (for now) deserve our loyalty. Steam, even if once had some credit for doing P.C. a major favor, has long since ditched any reason for supporting them. (and while the new refund policy is a step in the right direction,) They are simply not worth it anymore. Especially not in a world where Gog is a major player and both Humble and Gala are self sustaining enough to present a decent choice. Time will tell if Steam will become just a store-front for Steam OS (while most of pc titles ran through Not generating Steam income but rather comes from resellers), and If Gog becomes a Monopoly by that time, we might need to rethink this loyalty, but then again, when was the last time you rethink your loyalty to Netflix? to Pixar? to The Game of Thrones? I bet the answer to be never - because being a monopoly on a non controlled market (Even if one service is superior. you can always use other services, watch other movies, or torre,,, err, legitimately watch other series ;)

Fenixp: I mostly don't like the direction in which I see the community heading.
Vestin: With no further information, this statement doesn't make me trust the community less... It makes me trust YOU less.
The last I've seen, this community was still one of the few reasonable places on the Internet...
What I sincerely hope is that you don't distrust this community for the same reason I have faith in it...
Also this. The Drm-Free gamer can also find here something amazing - a great community that actually cares for one another. This alone is worth dealing with prolonged waits for games to appear here, rather then just buy at the first place they are offered.
Post edited June 24, 2015 by BlackThorny
nvm
Post edited June 26, 2015 by budejovice
went and looked up video footage.

i love the idea of it. it's a shame it has a five second timer and moves so fast.

that killed all my interest dead.