It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kid, you're being hunted.

<span class="bold">INSIDE</span>, a surreal, thought-provoking puzzle/platformer about an enigmatic boy making his way through a bleak industrial complex, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 25% launch discount.

Everyone is out to get you. Masked guards with blinding flashlights, farm pigs gone feral under the influence of a dangerous parasite, erratic dogs, indescript vehicles blocking your way, faceless surveillance systems. Those who don't seek to harm you, march around lifelessly, like puppets hanging loosely from the strings of a cruel god. You are scared, confused, alone. But you are determined. And with the help of some strange devices, your desperate reflexes, and your quick wit, you may yet manage to overcome all obstacles and uncover the truth behind this mysterious project that seems to be at the core of this dark journey.

Escape your pursuers and overcome the puzzles that prevent you from finding out what's hiding <span class="bold">INSIDE</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 25% launch discount will last until November 27, 10:59 PM UTC.

In the press:
"The universe INSIDE depicts is one the eeriest, most captivating settings I've ever encountered in a game."
9.5/10 - Polygon

"INSIDE expands on the concepts and scope of its predecessor in wildly creative ways [..]. This is one hell of a followup."
5/5 - Giant Bomb

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2kzYxpQDdyE
Post edited November 27, 2016 by maladr0Id
At long last, it's finally here! But... is it safe?
Primo_Victoria: Bought it. Saw it used Denuvo. Got refunded. Watched it on YouTube. Now it's here almost 6 months later. Fun times.
vicklemos: A patient man rides donkey ;P
Good riddance!
A donkey rides impatient man.

Yee-haw!
Not sure what all this donkeying around is about. Highly suspicious.
Lemon_Curry: A donkey rides impatient man. Yee-haw!
Did you take your pills, John!? :P
Amazing game, something like this happens once a few years only.

Think of how amazing Another World was when it was released, and imagine something like that, how it would look and play like in 2016.

You don't have to imagine anymore, it's here and it's called Inside.
Don't let the humble beginnings of the game fool you, later sections will blow your mind - sometimes literally, into very tiny pieces :)
I played through it on the Xbox One. It is a really good game although certain parts will shock you. Those who played it will understand especially toward the end.
DENUVO is horrible , it is not just an antitamper thing like everybody defending it keeps saying :(

I bought a couple of games infected with it thinking it was just the 'antitamper' crap like they are trying make everyone think it is , i then found out differently. I OWN OVER 1700 GAMES and i will never buy another game with DENUVO 'antitamper' , NEVER!

It needs online activation , when you install on your system it generates a system hash and also sends your CPU-ID info from your processor The only 'anti tamper' thing about it is that if it even thinks you are not playing on the 100% same PC it will freak out and want to check it's activation status!

Upgrade your graphics card ? - REACTIVATE ONLINE
New CPU ? - REACTIVATE ONLINE
Reinstall your windows ? - REACTIVATE ONLINE
Install a windows security update which Micrsoft release every few weeks ? - REACTIVATE ONLINE
When Microsoft releases yet another big update to windows 10 i a couple of months , they've done 2 already in the last year alone - REACTIVATE ONLINE
If for any reason you have to Uninstall then Reinstall the game ? - REACTIVATE ONLINE
Been playing your game but it has not activated for 30 days ? - THEN IT WILL WANT TO REACTIVATE ONLINE

If It cannot “phone home” all the time to verify the game is activated correctly and is valid for your PC ? YOU CAN NOT PLAY IT

Why the hell do you think they give you five activations per day! :( Steam DRM is enough for god sake! :(

If Denuvo goes out of business or for any other reason dumped like GFWL - YOU LOSE ALL YOUR GAMES Do not trust the company who made the equally horrendous SECUROM ROOTKIT DRM.

Using DENUVO meant nothing except losing sales and money to gamers like me while also penalising the people who actually did buy the game . The people who wouldn't even have bought the game anyway still got it for free.

Again i OWN over 1700 games and i bought LIMBO twice! - XBOX 360 and then on Steam PC

PS:- Thanks for the DRM free version of LIMBO , GOG & Playdead with GOG connect offer , Thankyou :) , rewarding paying customers, very appreciated. In response i have now purchased Inside :)
For what it's worth (and because it didn't fit in my review) I really appreciate the attention to level geometry. Despite being a 2D game, at no point did I look at the world and think "this would be so much easier if I could just walk around this" because the boy's path at all times looked like the logical way (and only way) forward, unlike some other games.
Lemon_Curry: A donkey rides impatient man. Yee-haw!
vicklemos: Did you take your pills, John!? :P
I'll do no such thing! Though, admittedly, the blue ones are quite yummy...
Post edited November 25, 2016 by Lemon_Curry
WOW!!

Bought, DL'd, played.
It definitely has a LIMBO type feel to it & is again a short game, but it's good.
Towards the end though, a major case of "wtf just happened to me!?" & some great stuff going on.

Definitely going to replay again, this time for the other ending :D

Playdead Studios have done very well with this short but brilliant game.
moonshineshadow: Yeah, I also had problems with that. You need to enable the game to connect to localhost. So if you are just "lazy" and block all access with the firewall program you are in trouble. Pretty annoying. But it is not like that is just a Galaxy problem, I had that with games that do not rely on Galaxy as well. Just shows that programmers did not think about people who might not want to give their games acces to the internet.
It may be more complicated (not about Internet access), sometimes when you have 3rd party component you don't want to integrate into your game directly on source/executable level, you can make the two communicate by different means, like IPC (Inter Process Communication), or one of the component can run "server-like" service on some game-specific port, where the other one connects through localhost, and then they can communicate through network packets.

I didn't try Galaxy, but IF this is the architecture they use for example for achievements/etc (and it would make sense), then blocking localhost will render those features non-functional.

Which should lead to some warning message in galaxy probably (the least obtrusive way with no effort for game devs), and game shouldn't crash, just work without the galaxy features.

If the games do crash, it IS bug of course, WTF is GOG support/programmers thinking?
Post edited November 26, 2016 by ped7g
JAMVA: If Denuvo goes out of business or for any other reason dumped like GFWL - YOU LOSE ALL YOUR GAMES Do not trust the company who made the equally horrendous SECUROM ROOTKIT DRM.
The people behind Denuvo are the same as those behind SecuROM? It's at least mildly reassuring to know that just one company/group is putting out this garbage, as opposed to several.
JAMVA: DENUVO is horrible , it is not just an antitamper thing like everybody defending it keeps saying :(

I bought a couple of games infected with it thinking it was just the 'antitamper' crap like they are trying make everyone think it is , i then found out differently. I OWN OVER 1700 GAMES and i will never buy another game with DENUVO 'antitamper' , NEVER!

It needs online activation , when you install on your system it generates a system hash and also sends your CPU-ID info from your processor The only 'anti tamper' thing about it is that if it even thinks you are not playing on the 100% same PC it will freak out and want to check it's activation status!

Upgrade your graphics card ? - REACTIVATE ONLINE
New CPU ? - REACTIVATE ONLINE
Reinstall your windows ? - REACTIVATE ONLINE
Install a windows security update which Micrsoft release every few weeks ? - REACTIVATE ONLINE
When Microsoft releases yet another big update to windows 10 i a couple of months , they've done 2 already in the last year alone - REACTIVATE ONLINE
If for any reason you have to Uninstall then Reinstall the game ? - REACTIVATE ONLINE
Been playing your game but it has not activated for 30 days ? - THEN IT WILL WANT TO REACTIVATE ONLINE

If It cannot “phone home” all the time to verify the game is activated correctly and is valid for your PC ? YOU CAN NOT PLAY IT

Why the hell do you think they give you five activations per day! :( Steam DRM is enough for god sake! :(

If Denuvo goes out of business or for any other reason dumped like GFWL - YOU LOSE ALL YOUR GAMES Do not trust the company who made the equally horrendous SECUROM ROOTKIT DRM.

Using DENUVO meant nothing except losing sales and money to gamers like me while also penalising the people who actually did buy the game . The people who wouldn't even have bought the game anyway still got it for free.

Again i OWN over 1700 games and i bought LIMBO twice! - XBOX 360 and then on Steam PC

PS:- Thanks for the DRM free version of LIMBO , GOG & Playdead with GOG connect offer , Thankyou :) , rewarding paying customers, very appreciated. In response i have now purchased Inside :)
Yep, now Bethesda just spread themselves for this POS intruderware with both DOOM and Dishonored 2!

Fuck these pricks, I bought DOOM but the slimy fucks snuck it on there without listing it on steam! I can understand tjhat companies would want to safeguard their game's profits in the first 4-6 months, but to double dip DRM with steam as well as infecting people with intruderware? You're fucking over the very people who keeps your ass in business!

Whelp, looks like I'm going to start installing unofficial copies of the game alongside legit copies from now on, that way, I'll still be able to play when the Internet becomes a crippled mess when our fucked up legislators get done fucking it up into a pay-per-page nickel and dime scheme!
Post edited November 27, 2016 by takezodunmer2005