It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

...but they just can't kill The Beast.

<span class="bold">Homeworld: Emergence</span>, a stand-alone expansion to the beloved RTS, is now available exclusively on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

Previously released under a different name, this campaign is set 15 years after the events of the original Homeworld and chronicles the trials and tribulations of the Kushan as they try to repel an unknown alien threat dubbed the Beast. If you're to neutralize its corruptive influence and save your new home, you must engage in fierce space battles against both the afflicted and the Imperialist Taiidani. Are you ready?

The 10% discount will last until June 29, 4PM UTC.
Don't forget to check out our huge <span class="bold">Homeworld series sale</span> which includes the rest of the saga, going for up to -66% for a full week.

NOTE: Homeworld: Emergence was originally released as "Homeworld: Cataclysm". "Cataclysm" is now a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and the game has been renamed to avoid confusion. Other than the subtitle change, the game is identical to the game released in 2000.

Watch the game's intro.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by maladr0Id
jacko640: hi:
nothing is wrong game is just 343MB total
this is what i see when i download the file

23-06-2017 19:43 360.195.200 setup_homeworld_emergence_1.01_hotfix_(12948).exe

so that's 360 MB

when you click the setup.exe it install the whole game including the 1.01 hotfix ^^

hope that helps
sherlockbones: thx for the reply jack. why can´t i innstall it with galaxy?
hi:
hmm that's strange i just installed galaxy to test that with this game.

i made sure i installed the game to another drive so not the standard c:\program files that gog galaxy does standard wise., i downloaded it to j:\gog games.

game downloads up to 96.8 % then seems to do nothing for a while. i just let it do its thing and after 2 minutes it finishes the download,

i pressed play button in galaxy and the game starts.

so maybe the install to another drive and not the C: drive seemed to help to run the game normally

else no clue why it wouldn't work for you ^^

note: seems when you run the game with galaxy there is no option to change gamelaunch commands settings like -disableavi -noborder etc., meaning you can't change the play game commandline settings, so it uses always that \noswddraw, so that means after you installl with galaxy you still need to make a shortcut for cataclysm.exe, and run the game from that shortcut and not starting the game with galaxy itself.

about internet multiplayer see this post https://www.gog.com/forum/general/homeworld_emergence_multiplayer
Post edited July 02, 2017 by jacko640
Any chance multiplayer will be enabled for this one? I know the in game multiplayer button won't work. I figure it's trying to connect to WON, but I was hoping GOG would have some means available. Game Ranger doesn't recognize it either.
What multiplayer button exactly? There's a Internet button that then says Sierra.com, I'd guess that wouldn't work... but there's also a LAN button - it doesn't work for you?
Cheers Jacko! It actually works! Thank you so much! Easy to follow instructions! You gave me more help than GOG.com did! Really happy:)
Will play the game and see how it works overall! Will I be bale to increase texture rate/change graphical details without affecting the change?
BlueTemplar: What multiplayer button exactly? There's a Internet button that then says Sierra.com, I'd guess that wouldn't work... but there's also a LAN button - it doesn't work for you?
The LAN button will set up a game. The problem is there isn't anyone else here. I had hoped Game Ranger might work, but the game isn't listed if I try to host.

I'm thinking Hamachi may be the last option.

I know of plenty people that would love to get back into some HWC multiplayer.
Post edited July 05, 2017 by dchaught
Figos7: Cheers Jacko! It actually works! Thank you so much! Easy to follow instructions! You gave me more help than GOG.com did! Really happy:)
Will play the game and see how it works overall! Will I be bale to increase texture rate/change graphical details without affecting the change?
well except the video settings that alter the registry game settings, the other settings go to cataclysm.cfg

example from that cfg file:

effectsLevel 2
speakerSetting 2
brightnessVal 28
detailThreshold 10
noLOD 0
enableSmoothing 1
enableCPV 1
enableLensFlare 1
enableRepairbots 1
showBackgrounds 1
texLinearFiltering 1
enableStipple 0
enableTrails 1
language 0
fuzzyBlobs 0

so as long as you don't change in game options like screenresolution width hight depth and the opengl setting after you did the regedit your good to go.
I seem to be having an issue that I haven't seen on any of the forums. I downloaded the game fine (through galaxy and manual) and when I launch the game, a small black box with appear on the top left side of my monitor and my mouse will pulse for several seconds ( appears as the game is trying to start) and then it crashes. It won't even make it to the start-up screen. I've tried most things already listed on the forums. Any ideas or things that I missed? Thanks!
i am having an issue starting the game. i get past the begining dev credits, but bombs when trying to get to title/beginging screen to start playing the game. Any suggestions? What are the system requirements, screen size requirements? Is Win10 OS an issue?
CrypticFoe: i am having an issue starting the game. i get past the begining dev credits, but bombs when trying to get to title/beginging screen to start playing the game. Any suggestions? What are the system requirements, screen size requirements? Is Win10 OS an issue?
The sysreqs are on the store page for the game.

Give us more info then "bombs" does that mean the game crashes? low framerate?

System specs are also a good thing to provide.
Post edited August 05, 2017 by Lord_Kane
BlueTemplar: What multiplayer button exactly? There's a Internet button that then says Sierra.com, I'd guess that wouldn't work... but there's also a LAN button - it doesn't work for you?
dchaught: The LAN button will set up a game. The problem is there isn't anyone else here. I had hoped Game Ranger might work, but the game isn't listed if I try to host.

I'm thinking Hamachi may be the last option.

I know of plenty people that would love to get back into some HWC multiplayer.
Oh, ok. It's just when you say "Any chance multiplayer will be enabled for this one?", it sounds like that the actual multiplayer isn't working, not even LAN - while it's just an issue of matchmaking...
Sorry for bumping this thread 2 years after the release but is this game better than the Homeworld® Remastered Collection ?
i_hope_you_rot: Sorry for bumping this thread 2 years after the release but is this game better than the Homeworld® Remastered Collection ?
well thats a hard question to answer, if you have issues with remastered I highly recommend the 2.3 players patch.
moving on.

Its basically homeworld 1.5 has a different storyline set shortly after the Kushan's return to Hiigara, and you are using a different kitth's hardware and equipment, original hw1 units only make a cameo during missions but there are all new units, this standalone expansion proved popular enough that Relic even officially acknowledged Emergence as "having happened, but its events wont have any direct impact on homeworld 2" which was set I think a century after HW1.

is it better? well I think its better then Remastered. it had more mission variety and far more engaging story then HW1 did. Especially when the actual threat reveals itself.

So yeah pick it up.
Lord_Kane: well thats a hard question to answer, if you have issues with remastered I highly recommend the 2.3 players patch.
moving on.

Its basically homeworld 1.5 has a different storyline set shortly after the Kushan's return to Hiigara, and you are using a different kitth's hardware and equipment, original hw1 units only make a cameo during missions but there are all new units, this standalone expansion proved popular enough that Relic even officially acknowledged Emergence as "having happened, but its events wont have any direct impact on homeworld 2" which was set I think a century after HW1.

is it better? well I think its better then Remastered. it had more mission variety and far more engaging story then HW1 did. Especially when the actual threat reveals itself.

So yeah pick it up.
Thanks .
Lord_Kane: well thats a hard question to answer, if you have issues with remastered I highly recommend the 2.3 players patch.
moving on.

So yeah pick it up.
i_hope_you_rot: Thanks .
You are welcome sir.
Hu, it's not available in my library?