It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
high rated
First refund I've ever asked for on GOG, really disappointed. I've defended GOG in the past when it was only minor cosmetics locked behind an online connection but there's no defending this, locking entire basic game mechanics behind an online connection is completely unacceptable and should either be rectified or the game needs to be removed from sale here.
low rated
Mark-Mark: For elusive targets, it is reasonable to think the game would need to connect to something to know an elusive target was in play for a given time period. It is also understandable for it to be required to download or upload user-created contracts, however that information isn't on the store page (and it probably should be).

In fact the store page for the game states "DRM FREE. No activation or online connection required to play. "
But, in all fairness - it is (and has been for quite some time before you wrote your comment):
Attachments:
hitman.jpg (64 Kb)
high rated
Thanks but no thanks. Asking $20 DRM-free tax for a 5 year old game that's been given away elsewhere is one thing, but asking $20 DRM-free tax for a 5 year old game that's been given away elsewhere and then not even having it be DRM-free is quite another.

This is probably the new benchmark as far as the amount of gated content is concerned, right? In Cyberpunk it was a bunch of inconsequential cosmetic items, now half the game is hidden behind an online requirement. At this point the boiling frog is already starting to dissolve...
high rated
I was so excited about this being DRM-Free I foolishly bought it before checking into it.

Refund requested, this is extremely disappointing.
high rated
Swedrami: Just noticed that the limitation actually is disclosed in fine print under "System requirements":

"Please note: Internet connection is required to access Escalation missions, Elusive Targets or user-created Contracts. Story and bonus missions can be played offline."

Still a step down from the more prominently placed disclaimer on top of the page.
Mjauv: Yeah but unlocked weapons and starting positions on the map? Not mentioned anywhere.
They better get to it then and add those to the list as well.
And move the whole thing to the top of the page where it belongs while they're at it.
high rated
Thanks for the heads-up about the DRM part. Was about to buy it the second I saw the poster. GoG REALLY should make a huge disclaimer at the top when a game content is locked behind DRM in DRM free store (lol). If I wanted any of this crap I'd be on Steam. It's better to not have a game released at all, than having a butchered one.

The outrageous part is that WE, the PAYING customers are getting worse product than the people that PIRATE games. It is retarded and stupid.
high rated
Mark-Mark: For elusive targets, it is reasonable to think the game would need to connect to something to know an elusive target was in play for a given time period. It is also understandable for it to be required to download or upload user-created contracts, however that information isn't on the store page (and it probably should be).

In fact the store page for the game states "DRM FREE. No activation or online connection required to play. "
BreOl72: But, in all fairness - it is (and has been for quite some time before you wrote your comment):
That doesn't cover everything, there is more content missing when played offline than GOG lists there.
BreOl72: But, in all fairness - it is (and has been for quite some time before you wrote your comment):
my name is supyreor catte: That doesn't cover everything, there is more content missing when played offline than GOG lists there.
I am aware: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_hitman_game_of_the_year_edition_11093/post44
high rated
This (below) was the main points of my review of this abysmal foolishness when it first hit steam years ago. Long story short only 15-20% of this game is playable offline. I can't believe IO did the same copy and paste nonsense for a DRM-FREE version. These people are truly mental & desperate for money. But they aren't desperate for change. This is truly sickening to see on GOG. It was sickening in steam and it is blasphemy here. Games like this is why I stopped buying DRM games all together.

This is how bad things are if you try to play OFFLINE IN A SINGLE PLAYER GAME

+HItman Has Subplay menus: Featured, Destination, Story, Contracts & Career
All you have Access to is Story. You can play the story, where you go from point A to Point B.
Each Destination/Story has 45,93 & 91 Seperate Challenges.
You DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ANY OF THOSE challenges UNLESS YOU ARE ONLINE.
+If don't have access to CAREER & CHALLENGES you will not be able to progress in the game or unlock anything at all
Basically you only get to play 15-20% of the game if you are Offline.
high rated
The game runs great in Linux under WINE (was using the Lutris build)

But the game is severely handicapped, even starting the game it has a warning that online play is recommended, will be putting in a refund request.
high rated
For anyone tempted to defend this, understand that this game is about as DRM free as the Steam version. There is no reason to get the GOG version over the Steam version.
high rated
SmollestLight: Story and bonus missions can be played offline :) For Escalation missions, Elusive Targets or user-created Contracts you will need an online connection.
Well, then you lost a sale there. The primary appeal of having this game on GOG would be to not have to worry about an online connection. So I would be incredibly interested in buying it here if it meant that everything was included in a completely offline installation. But if the online requirement is still there, then there is no reason for me to buy this game from GOG. And then there's also the related ideological issue of GOG as a DRM-free site selling a game with online-only DRM. Very disappointing.
Post edited September 22, 2021 by SpikedWallMan

Actually to the best of my knowledge that wasn't there when I wrote my quote. I read the page carefully before I made my comment. That appears to be an addition made after the fact, probably as a result of people making comments on this very discussion thread!
high rated
What the hell GOG? Allowing a "mostly online" game on the store is worrying, to say the least
Post edited September 22, 2021 by Laboux
Hahahahahaha... you serious?