It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
low rated
tag+: Nice, thank you trynoval! I joined the Denuvo group to follow its valuable info :)
You're welcome. )
Just so you know - replacing someone's post with a "snip" is a manner to show that you disrespect what he is saying.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by trynoval
TZODnmr2k5: While a very generous and noble offering, it's still predicted that you first buy this DRM'D piece of shit as you *still cannot save while offline! for those of you that have it already, then good, but for me, it's an insta-bye!

*Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm only going by what was said here in this thread!
trusteft: I thought you couldn't play certain type of extra missions and unlock new things. Now you are saying you can't save your game offline too?
If this works like the Steam version and I remember things correctly, you can save offline, but online/offline saves aren't compatible (you can't use an offline save to continue a game online, or viceversa).
TZODnmr2k5: Does anyone else notice that it's no longer predominantly displayed on the front page?
It's still in the highlights, I guess that top banner's standard lifespan just ended.
fortune_p_dawg: i'm not going to refund yet, but i may in the coming weeks if gog doesn't somehow address this in one way or another.
You need to refund it now, if you're dissatisfied, and want GOG to know how you feel. Because to get away with this garbage and sell DRMed game is current gamble of GOG store management.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by trynoval
Lukin86: In my opinion it is "ioi" which refuses as long as the servers are functioning. After possible an offline patch comes out when the servers close, in any case it is possible with the proof.And can not say that we can not operate without a server the different modes.
Sadly it's GOG. See the note on the front page? Curated Store. It's GOG, who allowed to publish DRMed game version, that has zero difference with existing Steam version.
Lifthrasil: Well, there is a mod that restores a big part of the online content (don't know if all of it, but at least most). https://www.nexusmods.com/hitman3/mods/78?tab=description

So it is possible to make all that content available offline. The only reason it isn't available offline is, because IO wants to continue their online DRM model - and GOG gave them the OK to do so.
Well, this mod looks nice, GOG should try to pressure IO to do the same here.
high rated
This game has online only DRM and should not be sold on GoG.
fortune_p_dawg: i was just going to say, total deer in headlights.
Linko64: I have sympathy for them. Things like this happen from time to time and more often than not your left on your arse to front it. Even more so when your out there front and centre. The fault here is on GOG's side then there's. I don't think they would have expected this, but GOG should have.
Both sides were 100% aware of it. They're just playing idiots in attempt to win support of unaware and sympathetic people.
Which is even more insulting, meaning they are still trying to get along with this.

Which is really, really stupid. After this story gets into newspapers, there will be no way to play it back.

And community would only lit more fires. Work week is ending, we're approaching weekends! Where everyone is at home, shopping games, reading news.
Longcat: Thing started going downhill the moment they brought in that shady French pr/salesman years back. Their attitude changed at the same time. I’m sorry to say it, but it’s true. It was the same reason I stopped participating in the forums.

Shame. You were great once, GOG.
Which French pr/salesman? Where can I read more about that? Thanks in advance.
low rated
lostwolfe: yongyea won't offer any interesting information other than to read what's out there. that's what he does.

and while thequartering WOULD wade into this, he's...ah...problematic. shall we say.

i'd pass on both of those. angryjoe would be the right person to go to. [and jim sterling, also.]

i can feel the downvotes incoming for mentioning jim, though. so pretend you didn't see that :P
Yongyea could perhaps read articles/social media posts on the matter.....that alone would bring more attention to the issue.

As for The Quartering: you mean because he dares have thoughts/opinions some dislike?
I don't give a toss about that, and i'd expect many other gamers don't either. The main thing that counts here is that he has a large audience which he could pass the information on to.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by GamezRanker
Breja: Honestly, there's nothing strange to me here. GOG signed off on releasing the game as is. Obviously the publisher assumed the game complies with the store's policies. It's only logical. GOG should have (probably did) expected the backlash, but the publisher had no reason to assume there would be a problem. It's not like they smuggled something onto the store without GOG's ok.
IOI 100% aware of that. I mean, they are selling a game with online DRM for 5 years. And you should live under the rock for more than a decade to not know that GOG is a DRM-Free store.
Wow, I admit I was happy about having this game here, and didn't even notice about the online-locked content and the controversy it has created...

But consider this: given the situation that a publisher agrees to sell a game on GOG but refuses to remove certain DRMed/locked features, what do you think GOG should do?

1) Keep most single-player content DRM-Free, but require Galaxy or online connection for certain features or multiplayer

2) Remove all the locked content and keep the game with just the DRM-free content

3) Refuse to sell the game here completely

#1 is the case here (although the amount of locked content seems to be outrageous). GOG sells the game. Players that don't care much about DRM or online verification can get the game and fully play it. A few others might have enough with the DRM-Free content (which is more than other platforms, where the game is totally DRMed and there are no offline installers available). People who care more about DRM-freedom can just blacklist the game and ignore it.

#2 is a very usual case here on GOG. It allow users that aren't interested in multiplayer, daily challenges or whatever extra features included the game enjoy them totally DRM-Free. But the result, in many cases, is that GOG users end up having inferior/cropped versions of games at the same price as other platforms. And incidentally, this kind of games are more usually outdated or abandoned by devs...

#3 That would be the most consequent choice for a store that claims to be DRM-Free, would reaffirm GOG policies and would please the most zealot users on GOG. But it would leave many players , more conformist or with a more flexible approach to DRM-Free, without the chance to get a game they might want to play. Besides, GOG is simply a business, not an activist organization, so if something means a chance to sell a product they aren't going to miss the chance.

I hope we don't continue to see this kind of products in the future, but I'm not telling anyone what they can buy/sell or not. As a consumer, everyone can make their own choice.
low rated
mqstout: I'm suspicious of this. Does the person game on an a computer that is kept offline entirely? Is it possible he's online and doesn't realize it? If the reports are fully accurate, he really is content with a game with but one weapon and a just couple stages?
Because those reports are incorrect. You have all the stages (as in, at least in Hitman 1, none of the online content introduce any new location, it's just extra challenge to be done in the existing story levels) and, even thought you start with one costume and one weapon, you can obtain and uses all the weapons and costumes that are in the level itself similar to how older games were working. The un-lockable are just extra weapons or costumes you start with directly and don't have to find or obtain in the level.

As I said in my first post in this thread, while it is unacceptable the way this game was released on Gog, I find peoples are highly exaggerating the online content compared to the offline one. If you are a old-school Hitman player and you don't know about the unlockables and the challenges then the offline part looks like any other Hitman game.
Lone_Scout: Wow, I admit I was happy about having this game here, and didn't even notice about the online-locked content and the controversy it has created...

But consider this: given the situation that a publisher agrees to sell a game on GOG but refuses to remove certain DRMed/locked features, what do you think GOG should do?
Obviously, there is a fourth option: 4) IOI sells a 100% offline version with all the content of 5 years old game that had even given free of other store. Then, the only "plus" to buy here this game (many, many of us have this game on Steam o Epic store) is to get a 100% DRM free complete version of the game that it'll work when the IOI servers got down.

If nobody gives us this fourth option, GOG should take the thirth one to fulfill its philosophy (FCKDRM, DRM Free an so on). After that, if GOG want to become a "normal" store like Steam or Epic store selling all kind of products without worries about DRMs, it should make a formal declaration about this change... to all its users.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by Cananas
low rated
BanditKeith2: So Why the heck can you excuse Jim.....
All I will say(on a "totally unrelated note"), is: those whom some would call n-p-c types will often just blindly believe/trust/like some and not believe/trust/like others in a similar manner, and will judge/sort them based more on their stances/leanings than the content of their actions/character.

Take TheQuartering, for example: he has done a good amount of charity work(for animal charities, a local game store that was trying to rebuild after being vandalized, etc).....even giving money from his own pocket on a number of occasions. He has also tried to help other YTers when they needed it. And yet, some would overlook all that just because he doesn't align with them on certain things.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by GamezRanker
Lone_Scout: Wow, I admit I was happy about having this game here, and didn't even notice about the online-locked content and the controversy it has created...

Cananas: Obviously, there is a fourth option: 4) IOI sells a 100% offline version with all the content of 5 years old game that had even given free of other store. Then, the only "plus" to buy here this game (many, many of us have this game on Steam o Epic store) is to get a 100% DRM free complete version of the game taht it'll work when the IOI servers got down.
I wish there were such an option, but evil publishers like IOI don't surrender so easily...