It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
low rated
MarkoH01: Imo it's almost a crime to put this is fine print instead of BIG RED LETTERS - which already shows me that GOG is aware and simply hopes that people won't notice. Probably not a scam ... but pretty close to it.
As I said a few times in various threads: GOG doesn't have much control over the store pages....each IP holder does.
(they told me as much when I informed them of things that should be changed on a few store pages long ago, and they said their hands were tied)
lostwolfe: ioi absolutely knew who they were selling to and gog absolutely knew what the process was to get from point a - a contract to point b - sales on the store.
Yes, and apparently they followed that process since the game is being sold here. So the problem is with GOG's process. It's really that simple.You keep assuming something was required of them that they did not comply with. That is obviously not the case. You need to stop assuming GOG actually demands a game be DRM-free.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by Breja
MarkoH01: Imo it's almost a crime to put this is fine print instead of BIG RED LETTERS - which already shows me that GOG is aware and simply hopes that people won't notice. Probably not a scam ... but pretty close to it.
GamezRanker: As I said a few times in various threads: GOG doesn't have much control over the store pages....each IP holder does.
(they told me as much when I informed them of things that should be changed on a few store pages long ago, and they said their hands were tied)
wow. that's especially crazypants.

[but not particularly surprising, i guess.]
Post edited September 23, 2021 by lostwolfe
I only hope GOG and IOII fix this disaster "online only-DRM single player" release, finally.
low rated
lostwolfe: wow. that's especially crazypants.

[but not particularly surprising, i guess.]
The craziest of pants, but not too surprising due to GOG losing leverage in the negotiating room over the years with their partners(due to others like Steam joining in on the same market).

Btw, one of the pages was for the Terminator game. I told GOG via support ticket about some mistakes concerning the game's description and whatnot, and got told bluntly there was next to nothing they(GOG) could do about the pages without IP holder approval.
Where did my post go?
It didn't have any insults or ads for other stores in it.
It just silently disappeared.
agogfan: Gosh GOG, it's horrible having to read about the release of this game that's too defective to run on my offline gaming PC!
Technically it will run, it will just leave you with a extremely gimped game. There is the skeleton of a game able to act offline right now but the muscles, nerves and blood vessels are behind DRM.

If any more features were locked behind an online check you would only be able to play the tutorial (if there is one) or reach the menu while offline.
low rated
Klumpen0815: Where did my post go?
It didn't have any insults or ads for other stores in it.
It just silently disappeared.
The forums are so FUBAR that posts/replies can get eaten....like if you post one post/reply, and then another(causing them to merge), then sometimes the forums will 'eat' some of it.
More about Gog´s stand regarding DRM. The community managers are really putting great effort to justify what cannot be justified.

Mark-Mark: I'm refreshing this topic just to let you guys know that Diablo 2 Resurrected has an offline mode. No internet connection required to play offline. It needs to connect to Battle.net servers when launching game though, which will probably disqualify the game for many of you. Anyway the game is great! It looks like Blizzard took seriously the lessons from Warcraft 3 Reforged.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/news_blizzard_officially_announced_diablo_ii_resurrected/post111

Schrodinger's internet connection.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by arrua
low rated
Perhaps if they gave a $20 discount on top of the current discount, I might tolerate the DRM element ... maybe.

$4.99 AUD and maybe we have a deal.

If it didn't look so good, I wouldn't even consider paying that much.

Otherwise it needs to be fixed or removed.
high rated
ReynardFox: it's all on GOG.
I disagree.

IOI are not comprised of morons.

They know that:

1. GOG is (at least, supposedly/allegedly) a DRM-Free store.
2. Their DRM-infested Hitman GOTY game is full of DRM.
3. Therefore, their Hitman GOTY game does not meet GOG's alleged/supposed standards and will be unacceptable to many/most GOG customers.

Yet despite knowing all that, IOI deliberately chose to flip the bird to GOG customers anyway, by releasing that DRM-infested game onto GOG.

So, IOI is certainly not blameless in this situation.

But GOG is more to blame since they allowed this crap to happen.
low rated
arrua: More about Gog´s stand regarding DRM. The community managers are really putting great effort to justify what cannot be justified.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/news_blizzard_officially_announced_diablo_ii_resurrected/post111

Schrodinger's internet connection.
So now Diablo 2 resurrected will need an online connection too?
*GR falls out of chair laughing at the insanity of it all*
Хто те падло / бидло, що мінусує коменти? Що тому бидлу втрачати нема чого? Так я їм влаштую екзекуцію.
Breja: The fault is entirely GOG's.
ReynardFox: Yep, whether GOG's curation is now simply too lazy and stupid to properly assess the content of a game, or if they knew everything and still thought it was acceptable, it's all on GOG.
I wonder who at GOG thought this would pass with customers as DRM free? haha
Post edited September 23, 2021 by Syphon72
joppo: Technically it will run...
The truly wonderous thing about an offline PC is that I get to choose what runs on it :)