It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
Thank you GOG for listening, a step backward for two steps forward. You did the right thing.
high rated
Glad that GoG made the right decision on this.

Please be more careful regarding Single Player games requiring ANY online connection or account.
It should be obvious that included Multiplayer ASPECTS of a particular game are not part of this anti-DRM topic, as long as they aren't required for Single Player too.

It would be great if you would address all the games listed in another thread that Identifies single player games, currently on GoG, that have a connection or account requirement. Or have some remnant of DRM.

Also, I think some of us would appreciate GoG not trying to force Galaxy on us. Some of us do not want any launcher at all, our machines regardless of the data mining / privacy promises. Please get the offline backup installers "on par" for games mentioned in another thread that are buggy or behind, and consider supporting a new downloader (only) app.

Thanks!
chandra: Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
An appreciated reply that I wish we had sooner. Thank you.
Tazman: Also, I think some of us would appreciate GoG not trying to force Galaxy on us. Some of us do not want any launcher at all, our machines regardless of the data mining / privacy promises. Please get the offline backup installers "on par" for games mentioned in another thread that are buggy or behind, and consider supporting a new downloader (only) app.

Thanks!
QFT.
Tazman: Also, I think some of us would appreciate GoG not trying to force Galaxy on us. Some of us do not want any launcher at all, our machines regardless of the data mining / privacy promises. Please get the offline backup installers "on par" for games mentioned in another thread that are buggy or behind, and consider supporting a new downloader (only) app.

Thanks!
trusteft: QFT.
They use to already have this with GOGDowlonader. They removed it for no real good reason.
Heh. They didn't remove the game from the store until everyone started talking about buying from Steam and cracking their games.

Good to know you are still talking about this with IOI. It's a pity the game had to be removed (I presume there wasn't a fix which was satisfactory for all parties and which could be added quickly enough), but hopefully a solution can be reached. I'd like to have the single-player campaign fully functional in a DRM-free format (that's what I was looking forward to when the news of the release first hit), so the unlockables still being online was quite a disappointment.

mdqp: Good to know you are still talking about this with IOI. It's a pity the game had to be removed (I presume there wasn't a fix which was satisfactory for all parties and which could be added quickly enough), but hopefully a solution can be reached. I'd like to have the single-player campaign fully functional in a DRM-free format (that's what I was looking forward to when the news of the release first hit), so the unlockables still being online was quite a disappointment.
Let's hope they give a solution and that if the game is not going to return to the store, gog users will let us know.
YongYea has done a follow up video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXMaRzHBtPs
wolfsite: YongYea has done a follow up video
How many different ways can he say the same thing?
high rated
While I'm really grateful Hitman was removed from store, the damage is already done and worm of doubt is here to stay. This is not some minor mistake company made, they actively broken one of their core principles they promised to us and what keeps this store up and running and that's not something that anyone should let slip their mind. I'll be present on GOG as long there is something to be present about- in this case ONLY DRM-FREE games. I don't even want to think about losing this store but in the end GOG has to know it got much more to lose than me. I do hope this will be lesson learned and that things improve in future. I'm sure there are also plenty of GOG staff who care about this as much as we are. I never had problem with support and they were highly obliging. And I simply love this community-it deserves all the praise it can have, first and foremost.
DoomSooth: How many different ways can he say the same thing?
As many as it takes to turn a 2 minute statement into a 12 minute video.
I agree with YongYea...

... if GOG can get IOI to "unlock" the game from its DRM...

... this GOG version would be the BEST version of the game available.

I own it on PS4 and Steam...

... and would much rather have a DRM-free "GOG copy."
low rated
wolfsite: YongYea has done a follow up video
DoomSooth: How many different ways can he say the same thing?
In a way, a longer video is better....it will drill the points being made into some people's heads a bit more, and everyone else can either watch the first few minutes and get the gist of it or watch the rest anyways(if they so choose).

====

dragonslayerxxx: While I'm really grateful Hitman was removed from store, the damage is already done and worm of doubt is here to stay. This is not some minor mistake company made, they actively broken one of their core principles they promised to us and what keeps this store up and running and that's not something that anyone should let slip their mind.
Agreed & well said
Post edited October 11, 2021 by GamezRanker
kai2: I agree with YongYea...
... if GOG can get IOI to "unlock" the game from its DRM...
... this GOG version would be the BEST version of the game available.
I own it on PS4 and Steam...
... and would much rather have a DRM-free "GOG copy."
It seemed to me that he held his own opinion about how DRM and the reliance on online hurts the player and the community, though. As if he was afraid of saying: "GOG's Market Model is better than Steam and Epic and I agree with it".

It's like many content creators follow the "the only way we can play what we want is accepting the corruption that DRM creates, so we better not talk about it much, otherwise, people and companies will be angry on us" mentality...

Im not saying that this is what he thinks, but oh well...
We need more content creators "fighting the good fight" agaisnt DRM.

To be fair, he is right about the number of clients Steam and Epic have, which means, he must partnership with those companies, because his work depends on that niche, so I can understand his apparent fear of talking anything agaisnt them...
Post edited October 11, 2021 by .Keys