It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
Can someone who has the Steam version explain what is the difference between GOG's version and Steam's, if any?
low rated
BreOl72: But, in all fairness - it is (and has been for quite some time before you wrote your comment):
Mark-Mark: Actually to the best of my knowledge that wasn't there when I wrote my quote. I read the page carefully before I made my comment. That appears to be an addition made after the fact, probably as a result of people making comments on this very discussion thread!
Well, I read it there before I made my first comment (#44), so...
high rated
Best to vote with your wallet, don't buy the game or request a refund if you did buy and are not happy with the limitations.
high rated
This game in its current state does not belong here. Please fix it, GoG Team!
high rated
I recommend everyone to have a tour on the official Hitman Discord server and let them know what you think of this release, surely IOI doesn't give a damn about GOG and will never read these complaints, but on their server they'll have to say something about it: http://discord.gg/hitman
high rated
Let me just be blunt. As a longtime user of GOG, I think it's fair to say that no one wants the game here in it's current state. We'd all be better off if it were removed until it could be fixed. Save yourself all the refund hell and just delist it now before the big gaming websites start advertising it on social media and you have thousands of refund requests to fill. Ain't nobody got time for that.
high rated
Laboux: What the hell GOG? Allowing a "mostly online" game on the store is worrying, to say the least
Yep, I will think twice about buying anything here until I've read a couple of user reviews confirming the game is drm-free.

I guess the decline of GOG as a drm-free store may very well be well underway now. We've had a good run. 10 years and many many games later is not bad at all.
high rated
mrkgnao: Can someone who has the Steam version explain what is the difference between GOG's version and Steam's, if any?
GOG version doesn't check for ownership, and you can create online accounts on different computers. In that respect, there's no "proper" DRM.

That's where it ends.

A good chunk of the game is locked behind online activation (again, it doesn't check for ownership), so, in essence, what we got here is a very expensive shareware version. I'm certain a blue will defend this as still being DRM-free, but at this point they'll be playing with words.

Huge disappointment,
high rated
Wow - this is really bad. Gog has exactly one selling point - and that's drm-free games. We've had similar kinds of problems with the launch of Deus Ex Mankind Devided.

And if the reports I've just read on the forums are correct and the offline installers are not kept up-to-date for all games - well, then gog is losing it's sole selling point!

Come on guys - it's not that hard! If a publisher refuses to remove all drm from their product - don't accept it on your store!

And keep the drm-free installers up-to-date ffs!
high rated
Is this how GoG's path to becoming yet another Steam Key reseller begins?

Remember Humble Bundle started off as DRM-Free to when it first came out, now it's basically a Steam Key storefront.
high rated
I have the whole trilogy on PS4, but I'd definitely be interested in a truly DRM-free version.

If you still need to be online to keep your progression and unlocks though, there's no point in purchasing it again.

This is not a classic narrative-oriented game where you complete a mission and move on, it's more a sandbox kind of game where progression means unlocking new tools to complete the same missions again in a different manner, finding new opportunities and ways to assassinate your targets. Having those unlockable tools inaccessible offline makes the whole game a fairly bare-bones experience when disconnected.

Having the game here with still an online requirement for unlocks reflects poorly on GOG as a DRM-free outlet and the (discounted!) price-point it's being sold at could be only (barely) justified by an elsewhere unavailable fully working offline mode, considering that on other platforms it's been offered at a lower price both as a stand-alone release and as DLC for Hitman 2 and 3.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by Kismet
wolfsite: Best to vote with your wallet, don't buy the game or request a refund if you did buy and are not happy with the limitations.
But if people don't buy this game, yet continue to buy other games on GOG, then GOG lost nothing by adding this game to their catalogue. Even if a small percentage of people do buy the game, it was worth it.
low rated
1st to 2nd page of comments,
described as a 90% bot spam, compared to those who read the product's description.
3rd up to present page of comments,
described as whinning spam, compared to customers who bought and "enjoy" the product.
Me, looking at the chaos, realizing you probably deserved it at this point.

Cheers.
Amphax: Is this how GoG's path to becoming yet another Steam Key reseller begins?

Remember Humble Bundle started off as DRM-Free to when it first came out, now it's basically a Steam Key storefront.
Don't remind me. Now I just use them to buy comics.
mrkgnao: Can someone who has the Steam version explain what is the difference between GOG's version and Steam's, if any?
TheDudeLebowski: GOG version doesn't check for ownership, and you can create online accounts on different computers. In that respect, there's no "proper" DRM.

That's where it ends.

A good chunk of the game is locked behind online activation (again, it doesn't check for ownership), so, in essence, what we got here is a very expensive shareware version. I'm certain a blue will defend this as still being DRM-free, but at this point they'll be playing with words.

Huge disappointment,
Thank you.