So let's recap what happened so far:
- Make galaxy as an "optional" client;
- Make said "optional" client a requirement for MP games using galaxy api or crossplay with steam, instead of keeping alive lan play;
- Allow anti consumer practices such as those of battletech or wasteands 3, both of which locked PRE-ORDER CONTENT behind online check (because yes, "I LOVE TO BUY A GAME BEFORE ITS RELEASE AND HAVE MY DESERVED CONTENT LOCKED AWAY FROM ME");
- Don't fix games which are broken without galaxy installed (saint row 3 remaster has broken/not saving keybindings if you aren't using galaxy);
- CP2077 "my rewards" locked behind galaxy AND online, despite being your first-party game ("rewards" my arse);
- Allow NMS to have content locked behind online because ThEy ArE oPtIoNaL (and oh boy we had so many sheep defenders on that thread);
- Now allow even more scummy games which shouldn't be released in the first place here in which SINGLE PLAYER CONTENT IS LOCKED BEHIND ONLINE AND TIED TO SERVERS.
What else can I say? Congratulation GOG, thanks to this you have lost another customer!
I never considered GOG a perfect store, but I LOVED the drm-free aspect of it, and appreciated when "the incredible adventures of van helsing director's cut" released with a similar problem, only to force the devs to adapt if they wanted to sell their game here.
Despite this however:
-I have to bear an empty forum in which help can't easily be found, endeing up asking on steam forum only to be labelled as a "pirate" because I've bought my games here instead of steam (thus lacking the infamous mouse icon, to which dumb people over there love to jerk off apparently and go full REEEE if you ask a question while missing aforementioned icon);
- I have to bear with missing updates, content, dlc and other features because of lazy or anti-consumer devs who gives us the 2nd citizen treatment, despite games costing more on GOG, there are no legit GOG key resellers, and despite the fact that many people buy steam keys from sites such as KINGUIN, WHO USES STOLEN CREDIT CARDS, THUS TRULY DAMAGING THOSE DUMMY PUBS/DEVS;
- Due to what I stated above I had to develop a habit in which I have to make an extensive research on the pub/dev release history on GOG and only after that judge whatever they will botch/gimp GOG releases;
- I have to deal on daily basis with some SHEEPS who keep defending the anti-consumer practices you are allowing, other than damaging your freaking "DRM-FREE (my arse) policy ";
Dear (not anymore) GOG, I didn't like the direction you took a few years ago, but your statement along your treatment towards your loyal GOG users is making it apparent how low and how bad you want to crash.
You are not steam, and you are NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ONE, your strong point was allowing TRUE DRM-FREE GAMES, not being some half assed store with half assed promises which you can't damn keep anymore, and instead proceed with "will not allow review bombing" when people are genuinely 1) letting it known wide and open at our userbase about the anti-consumer practice of this "game" and 2) speaking about technical aspect of a game which not only is legit thing to do, but which shouldn't have been allowed on GOG in the first place.
What will allow you next, Diablo III? Final fantasy XIV? Warframe? Give me a break.
I will stop purchasing games from GOG until you either make IO fix this damn game, or you entirely delist it, period.
Things started to go down hill the moment Galaxy 1.2 was removed and the Galaxy 2.0 beta was pushed upon everyone. Perhaps that is merely a coincidence, but it's impossible to ignore.