It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
Pheace: So, can everyone who bought this game ask for a real 'no questions asked' refund for this title then?
Yes. GOG changed its refund system to a more lenient one, last year.
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006129837?product=gog
Post edited October 09, 2021 by Grargar
high rated
chandra: Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Thank you. But as others have mentioned, please do check/forward the other issues users report about the store, the site and the company. There's still many more to be resolved.
Post edited October 09, 2021 by _Auster_
high rated

YES! Thank you! This is great news.

Now please also remove the DRM from the Cyberpunk rewards. You don't lose anything by removing the galaxy requirement, but you'd gain credibility!
low rated
Randalator: GOG switched to a comprehensive 30-day, no-questions-asked refund policy quite a while back.
my name is supyreor catte: Not only that, but Chandra actively invited refunds in an earlier post so I'm fairly confident GOG will be blanket authorising them.
EnforcerSunWoo: Wow, that actually is quite worrisome. For those who wanted it, refunds and the removal of the game from libraries should of happened in conjunction with the pulling of the game from the store front. Not acknowledging it in the latest blue posts just isn't right.

Those who want a refund that might of not known about the game being pulled might want to look into getting one asap.
my name is supyreor catte: For those who want it, the way to express that want is by pressing the refund button. That was the case before the game was removed and is still the case now. Anyone who wanted a refund didn't need to wait for the game to be removed and I'm not sure why the removal would change anyone's mind.
I don't see how the removal has changed anything in that regard.
I guess a game that is no longer updated or supported by GOG means nothing to you. It sure would to people that are unaware that the game has been pulled now, wouldn't it?
high rated

This was the right decision. I remember GOG being quite vocal about no-DRM (for instance when fckdrm.com was still online), and ironically it seems to be the other way around recently, with customers explaining GOG to GOG, but thankfully GOG listened.
Post edited October 09, 2021 by brazzjazz
Pheace: So, can everyone who bought this game ask for a real 'no questions asked' refund for this title then?
Grargar: Yes. GOG changed its refund system to a more lenient one, last year.
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006129837?product=gog
In that case ignore what I said entirely. Serves me right for not checking in more often xD
tfishell: I may be wrong but there seems to be a lot of emotional investment here. Is it healthy to be emotionally invested in businesses?
ReynardFox: As a preservationist, GOG is still important, so the chance that they may fix their mistakes is a big deal as their failure could create a demoralizing shift in perception towards the concept of DRM free. If the biggest supporter of a movement can fail, who's going to try something on this scale again? and how many publishers would be willing to commit to something like that even if someone did try?

Its not about being attached to a business, anything that could potentially threaten ownership and preservation of games going forward is something I take very seriously.
Fair enough.
chandra: We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.
I'm glad to hear about this mistake being finally rectified, although it took way longer than it should have been. Still, I'm looking forward to a proper release of the game.

chandra: We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
About that... why did I not hear about this major announcement through your normal news feed? I only learned about this from a third party.
low rated
apehater: BOYCOTT GOG!!!
avatar pic, anger, who hurt you?

if you have a gog story, tell it.
high rated
A great step in the right direction. Thanks, GOG.

Hope the game could be reinstated without the online progression requirements.
DSLevantine: It's a right move, rather remove it than letting the drm infested game to stay.
Back 4 Blood looks like is doing similar stuff to Hitman 1: GOTY, too, but worse - playing Solo Mode blocks achievements, stat-tracking & progression:
https://kotaku.com/back-4-blood-solo-mode-blocks-achievements-stat-tracki-1847832523

And of course, Back 4 Blood's an online-only game currently.

So, if Turtle Rock, WB, and GOG ever thinks of bringing that here one day - it better have an offline solo mode and it better off also offline profiles for progression, stat-checking, Achievement system, and unlocks system better work w/ offline modes.

So, great; just great - looks like Hitman 1: GOTY has started a new trend for gimping single-player modes. Ugh.
Post edited October 09, 2021 by MysterD
The removal of Hitman was to expected, as IO Interactive surely does not want to let go its precious....

but kudos to GOG which did the right thing, at least for now.
my name is supyreor catte: Not only that, but Chandra actively invited refunds in an earlier post so I'm fairly confident GOG will be blanket authorising them.

For those who want it, the way to express that want is by pressing the refund button. That was the case before the game was removed and is still the case now. Anyone who wanted a refund didn't need to wait for the game to be removed and I'm not sure why the removal would change anyone's mind.
I don't see how the removal has changed anything in that regard.
EnforcerSunWoo: I guess a game that is no longer updated or supported by GOG means nothing to you. It sure would to people that are unaware that the game has been pulled now, wouldn't it?
Well either they were fine with the online requirement, in which case they can keep the game or they found the online requirement unacceptable, in which case I would expect them to want a refund whether the game is being sold or not.
chandra: We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.
Thank you for doing the right thing and pulling the game from the store.

It probably felt painful to have to remove such a high-profile game (I'm assuming people working at GOG really had to lobby IOI hard to finally get it onto the store) - but I think at this point it has become clear that the GOG community prefers to not have high-profile games on here if having them comes at the cost of introducing any form of DRM/online requirement into this ecosystem.

Lessons learned, all is forgiven, as far as I am concerned :)
high rated

This is a welcome response and the correct outcome. Personally, I'd love to see GOG do well and I spend what I can to support the platform and I really do believe in the principles on which GOG was founded. I know some may not accept the apology but this response is all I asked for and with that, I will happily continue to support the platform.

I am also thankful Chandra that you can acknowledge that the response to Hitman, while harsh, was down to the passion people have to GOG as a platform, I personally took no pleasure calling GOG out on this as normally I can't give GOG my money quick enough for the fantastic work you guys have done.

Please excuse me while I now go and buy Blade of Darkness, which I honestly thought I was going to miss out on!