It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
high rated
chandra: Dear Community,
This couldn't have been an easy decision to make, but thank you for making it.
high rated
chandra: Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.
That was the right call, hopefully this game can see a proper, DRM-free release further down the line, but for now this isn't its place
high rated

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Thank you for the update. While it mustn't have been an easy decision, it was absolutely the right step to take and it is appreciated. I do wish to see Hitman receive a release without this online requirement. Maybe you will be able to convince IOI to work on a technical solution to remove it so we can enjoy the whole content.

If you manage, this is going to be a bestseller, that's almost guaranteed.
high rated

Thank you for the response! Yes, releasing it here was a mistake and I'm happy you guys looked into the issue. It's a shame because the game is actually pretty good but it has no place here in its current state.

Don't stop listening to your community. You're right, many people here are passionate about GOG but they are also passionate about DRM-free! Don't forget this GOG! There's a reason people wait for games to come here even if they are available for purchase elsewhere.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by Krooked_
high rated

Should have added a sorry about telling people off for review bombing too, that was on you guys for having zero understanding of the problem or even why people left the reviews in the first place. A fundamental problem with GOG is lack of understanding and always willingness to point the finger, the statement does not address that at all.

It's not hard to say sorry about bad actions, it is easy to ignore real problems and hope people forget.

Stop treating your community like it's a burden.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by Linko64
high rated
While I appreciate the game being removed, and the (somewhat) apology, I will wait for you to make a front page announcement, press statement or similar on gogs stance on what is defined as drm and what you criteria will be for releasing games in the future, before considering making another purchase on your platform.

It is good that you finally removed the game, and replied to the thread, but it is, in all honesty, the least and first thing you should and could have done. I am pleasantly surprised, but not completely reassured of your stance.

That said, I have given chandra, who is clearly not the one making the decisions or formulating the responses, an upvote for responding.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by Longcat
high rated

It was the right thing to do and also important for GOGs future, because publishers need to understand that our community buys the games on this platform for a reason. Thank you for listening.
high rated
chandra: *snip*
Thank you for listening to us.

Although not the outcome I was hoping for, GOG did well to pull this from the store.

Good job, GOG.
high rated
chandra: We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

Thank you. That's great news, that GOG still cares about customers (and bad PR) enough to make this decision. It was the right one temporarily. I don't want GOG to fail, but I don't want to lose the GOG that is, either. This is indeed good news, and I hope something positive is worked out with IOI.
high rated
chandra: we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.
Glad to see the situation is getting sorted! Now if you could please get on with fixing the other games with DRM pointed out in this thread:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm
I could get back to buying games here :-D
high rated
Good move GOG
GOOD MOVE, GOG.

I hope the last couple of weeks wasn't too rough on the staff, although I bet it was.
high rated
Better late than never.

Oisin: Good move GOG
The first of hopefully more to come.
high rated
chandra: Snip
Thank you

I do hope that IO Interactive will make the necessary changes and Hitman returns, and not just "cut their losses" and permanently pull the title.
high rated
chandra: ...
I'm glad to hear it. Thank you for listening to the community feedback.

I will be glad to purchase the hitman goty game should the proper adjustments to remove the online dependencies get made in the future.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by Magnitus