It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Plus: all other 2K Games are now up to -75%!

<span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous Action Pack</span> and <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous 2</span>, the tactical WWII shooters where every bullet counts, are now available as digital exclusives on GOG.com.
For a proper welcome, we're holding a <span class="bold">2K Games Sale</span>, where the entire catalog is up to 75% off!

More often than not, strength or numbers are not the deciding factors of victory; tactics are. A squad of fine British Special Air Service lads with co-ordinated moves, smart shooting, and carefully chosen loadout can disrupt the most dense enemy forces as long as they stay <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous</span>.

The sequel, <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous 2</span>, expands on the gameplay mechanics that let you switch between a third-person and first-person view, while also adding more stealth and subterfuge options. This time, our team is assassinating targets, sabotaging equipment, and rescuing prisoners in even more diverse locations across Europe, Africa, and Asia.

In order to welcome the two H&D games in our <span class="bold">2K Games</span> squad, the rest of their catalog is now on sale, with titles like X-Com: Terror from the Deep, Army Men, and Freedom Force going for up to 75% off.
The 2K Games sale lasts until February 27, 5PM UTC.
And also if they have enough time to calm down and the situation is not heated any more, they may get back to fighting mood and regroup, not sure where they get weapon then (I think they can't pick one up from ground, but there was maybe some script trickery to resupply them in certain situations, certainly the ammo supply is cheated in by scripts, so you can't just wait until they run out of ammo), but some higher ranks have almost always pistol as secondary item in inventory, and they surely know how to use it. So if any enemy is giving up, you have to capture him in reasonable time. If he starts to run while you are still near, few shots in the air above his head may be effective to make him recall the other option is actually "being dead", but they don't do that just above give-up-threshold, they will need to calm down lot more, so when they already cease to give up, they may already put up some fight, and may be a bit tricky to force them again (although still easier then fresh enemy at the start of mission).

Reading this stuff after myself I sort of wonder, how this got in... probably the mindset of team being "making up tactical game" helped a lot, if we would work on "shooter", it would sound crazy to put all this crap inside. :D
ped7g: Reading this stuff after myself I sort of wonder, how this got in... probably the mindset of team being "making up tactical game" helped a lot, if we would work on "shooter", it would sound crazy to put all this crap inside. :D
Yeah there haven't been many great developments in AI behaviour, most of the time it's all over quickly any way because you just shoot them. Making an enemy surrender makes a lot of sense for a stealth/tactical game though, especially if you take into account blood on the uniform. It was great to have H&D2 include it and lots of people have had a lot of fun with it, there is a discussion on the forums about it here: http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=22&amp;t=2124
te_lanus: Why only on these five games? Today's release isn't rated, Crysis isn't rated, and when it was sold in the shops it had a 18+ rating where Army men was 16.
tremere110: It's up to the publisher if they want to follow the laws. If 2K requests to block games from certain countries to comply with their laws GoG must respect those wishes. Other publishers might not care. Those countries may simply not have enough clout to force compliance (or unwillingness to actually force the issue).

A country like Germany has enough power through the EU to make a case of it though so publishers tend to comply just to avoid the hassle.

Either that or GoG as a Polish company think it's a bad idea to piss Germany off so enforce German censorship on their own.
The irony is that most of their other games appear to not be approved and the only blocked games are the ones I already purchased in this country. Also there are cases particularly where no formal distribution channels exist that another industry body with similar standards can be used. That 2K is the only publisher on here acting differently makes them appear incompetent.
ped7g: Reading this stuff after myself I sort of wonder, how this got in... probably the mindset of team being "making up tactical game" helped a lot, if we would work on "shooter", it would sound crazy to put all this crap inside. :D
netnerd85: Yeah there haven't been many great developments in AI behaviour, most of the time it's all over quickly any way because you just shoot them. Making an enemy surrender makes a lot of sense for a stealth/tactical game though, especially if you take into account blood on the uniform. It was great to have H&D2 include it and lots of people have had a lot of fun with it, there is a discussion on the forums about it here: http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=22&amp;t=2124
The best advance in AI development i have seen in the last years, is The Forest on Steam. And thats only made possible by a handful of people.
Any of these mods work with the Gog version of the game ?

http://www.moddb.com/games/hidden-dangerous-2
haydenaurion: So what do these play like? From the description they seem like Rainbow Six or SWAT 4 except set in WWII. Am I close?
Impaler26: Just try the free deluxe edition of the first game:

http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/deluxe/download.php
So, what's the difference between H&D Action Pack and the freeware H&D Deluxe? I already have H&D Deluxe for several years, so is there a reason to buy H&D Action Pack?

*edit*
Nevermind, I just found the link to this topic: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_curious_case_of_the_hidden_dangerous_deluxe_edition_67796/page1
Post edited February 26, 2017 by Seraphin84
Yes!

Viet Cong, Viet Cong 2, Mafia and Chameleon (can one dream?) next, I beg you!
fables22: Just thought I'd clarify what the deal is with the game not been available in certain regions.

So...in some countries (South Africa, South Korea & Brazil), the H&D games require ratings on games when they're being distributed, which 2K is complying with. 2K is handling the ratings with local institutions, and need some additional time to get everything approved and rated. Once this is done, the games will be available on those markets as well.
Thanks for letting us know. I just wish you guys had told us sooner. It would have cut on baseless speculation, angry rants and (unjustified) pitchfork sharpening.

Knowing what kind of problem is keeping a game from us allows us to estimate whether we can have hope that the problem will be solved and the game be made available at a later time, or simply consider it lost forever.

Another point affected by your post is that I, and who knows how many others, had already declared an embargo on 2K games, now lifted. And the less games we buy the worse it is for both GOG and 2K.
Zwarne: Yes!

Wow, never heard of this one. Generally positive reviews according to Wikipedia, so I think GOG should aim for it.
fables22: Just thought I'd clarify what the deal is with the game not been available in certain regions.

So...in some countries (South Africa, South Korea & Brazil), the H&D games require ratings on games when they're being distributed, which 2K is complying with. 2K is handling the ratings with local institutions, and need some additional time to get everything approved and rated. Once this is done, the games will be available on those markets as well.
Hmm.... They probably know that the first game *has* been distributed in Brazil (as far as I know, legally), as part of the PC Gamer magazine?

Here is the cover:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/hidden-dangerous/cover-art/gameCoverId,273946/
Post edited February 27, 2017 by Thexder

Thexder: Hmm.... They probably know that the first game *has* been distributed in Brazil (as far as I know, legally), as part of the PC Gamer magazine?

Here is the cover:
Yeah, same story in South Africa.
I bought the original locally as a kid. I did the same with most of the Army Men games too.
Really strange that somehow there is a problem with it now :/
Zwarne: Yes!

tfishell: Wow, never heard of this one. Generally positive reviews according to Wikipedia, so I think GOG should aim for it.
It's a really great game, quite long as well. I think they should def. make it a reality!

Thexder: Hmm.... They probably know that the first game *has* been distributed in Brazil (as far as I know, legally), as part of the PC Gamer magazine?

Here is the cover:
The H&D 2 had a big box release as well.
Jenkinz: Really strange that somehow there is a problem with it now :/
Presumably the legal situation has changed a lot since then. The German rating board USK, for instance, was already around in the 90's but entirely optional, it only became a legal requirement in the 2000's or something, so re-releasing a game from the 90's in Germany now may require the publisher to acquire a USK rating even though the game was sold without one in the past. I guess the situation may be similar in South Africa.
Jenkinz: Really strange that somehow there is a problem with it now :/
F4LL0UT: Presumably the legal situation has changed a lot since then. The German rating board USK, for instance, was already around in the 90's but entirely optional, it only became a legal requirement in the 2000's or something, so re-releasing a game from the 90's in Germany now may require the publisher to acquire a USK rating even though the game was sold without one in the past. I guess the situation may be similar in South Africa.
It was sold with a rating here, just not an FPB rating. Afaik nothing has changed and there are still stuff (especially games) being imported without FPB ratings. Can't recall having ever actually seen an FPB rating on a game. Either 2K doesn't know the status of their own games here or they're being overly cautious.