It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Plus: all other 2K Games are now up to -75%!

<span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous Action Pack</span> and <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous 2</span>, the tactical WWII shooters where every bullet counts, are now available as digital exclusives on GOG.com.
For a proper welcome, we're holding a <span class="bold">2K Games Sale</span>, where the entire catalog is up to 75% off!

More often than not, strength or numbers are not the deciding factors of victory; tactics are. A squad of fine British Special Air Service lads with co-ordinated moves, smart shooting, and carefully chosen loadout can disrupt the most dense enemy forces as long as they stay <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous</span>.

The sequel, <span class="bold">Hidden &amp; Dangerous 2</span>, expands on the gameplay mechanics that let you switch between a third-person and first-person view, while also adding more stealth and subterfuge options. This time, our team is assassinating targets, sabotaging equipment, and rescuing prisoners in even more diverse locations across Europe, Africa, and Asia.

In order to welcome the two H&D games in our <span class="bold">2K Games</span> squad, the rest of their catalog is now on sale, with titles like X-Com: Terror from the Deep, Army Men, and Freedom Force going for up to 75% off.
The 2K Games sale lasts until February 27, 5PM UTC.
Oh hell yeah. Some of the best WW2 games I've ever played. Surely they haven't aged too well but still, can't wait to play them again. I'm particularly happy that we get the original version of the first game alongside the Deluxe version because I dislike most changes from Deluxe.
I find the ratings thing funny as I have both games and Army Men. H&D2 in front of me has a pegi rating of 16+ which as I understand it is acceptable to the FPB. So it's not like these games aren't or weren't sold here, they just aren't sold by GoG here. These are also the only 5 games not available here and it doesn't explain why we can't access the game pages with a simple message explaining the region thingy instead of giving a buy button.

Oh well, if these games ever come up on good promotions it will be VPN or changing the region cookie. I can't see anyone restricting me from having them in my catalog once purchased.
fables22: Just thought I'd clarify what the deal is with the game not been available in certain regions.

So...in some countries (South Africa, South Korea & Brazil), the H&D games require ratings on games when they're being distributed, which 2K is complying with. 2K is handling the ratings with local institutions, and need some additional time to get everything approved and rated. Once this is done, the games will be available on those markets as well.
While i appreciate your reply it has been a long time now and Army Men is still not available for us.

Which means it never will be because you have forgotten us with Army Men as well.

Also can you not just put a reason or a page to tell us when we click on games like this, all that happens is that we get taken back to main game page with no idea why, no explanation whatsoever.

Please communicate with your clients. On Steam we can browse the game but not buy it, and at least Steam has a reason on the game page why not. At least they explain the reason whether it is region locked etc etc. But they do communicate.
This is not the case with GOG, we are just left in the dark and do not know why we get directed to main game page and not the actual product page.

Just communicate please.
fables22: Just thought I'd clarify what the deal is with the game not been available in certain regions.

So...in some countries (South Africa, South Korea & Brazil), the H&D games require ratings on games when they're being distributed, which 2K is complying with. 2K is handling the ratings with local institutions, and need some additional time to get everything approved and rated. Once this is done, the games will be available on those markets as well.
I wasn't even aware South Africa had a video game ratings board. Learn something new everyday. Is there a cost associated with getting a video game rated in those countries?

Why only on these five games? Today's release isn't rated, Crysis isn't rated, and when it was sold in the shops it had a 18+ rating where Army men was 16.

tremere110: I wasn't even aware South Africa had a video game ratings board. Learn something new everyday. Is there a cost associated with getting a video game rated in those countries?
Our rating board is the same one that rate all films and books
netnerd85: I don't see your name in the credits ;) but perhaps ...
ped7g: My highly positive sarcastic attitude a tremendous respect for any authority was a bit too much for some people... and some other minor technical details.... so I didn't follow the development till it got shipped. That part with credits is sort of hilarious (actually I'm there, but not where I would expect it), also I got assured my AI code was rewritten completely later (I still wonder how they managed to replicate its behaviour so well, even almost all my "bugs" I had in my todo remained). So also I have no idea what happened to coop maps, basically in the way this game was being made, it was important to ship it as soon, as it was possible to build a complete game from the current progress (and that happened a bit way too late after way too much beyond original budget and deadlines). So the coop was probably not ready at that point. Overall I think the product does hold up quite reasonably, so I wouldn't push too much about that, I think that decision at which point to ship it was actually excellent one.
No one is credited with AI programming in the manual, so I guess no one stole credit? I still haven't managed to get an enemy to surrender, are there bugs with that haha

It's a shame what happened to Illusion Softworks, such talented people but from all the rumours I've heard, not the best managed place.
Oh hell yes!! Keep up bringing the good old memories back GOG.

Deferently gonna buy this 2 pack.

Now all we need is No One Lives Forever 1-2 ^^
"Das ist unmöglich", the German officer said. And yet, here they are.
MCcloud88: Oh hell yes!! Keep up bringing the good old memories back GOG.

Deferently gonna buy this 2 pack.

Now all we need is No One Lives Forever 1-2 ^^
Can't agree more.NOLF would be the cream on the cherry ;).Cheers
Titanium: "Das ist unmöglich", the German officer said. And yet, here they are.
"Nichts ist unmöglich" the allied spy said, and saw this coming ;).Cheers
Post edited February 24, 2017 by deja65
te_lanus: Why only on these five games? Today's release isn't rated, Crysis isn't rated, and when it was sold in the shops it had a 18+ rating where Army men was 16.
It's up to the publisher if they want to follow the laws. If 2K requests to block games from certain countries to comply with their laws GoG must respect those wishes. Other publishers might not care. Those countries may simply not have enough clout to force compliance (or unwillingness to actually force the issue).

A country like Germany has enough power through the EU to make a case of it though so publishers tend to comply just to avoid the hassle.

Either that or GoG as a Polish company think it's a bad idea to piss Germany off so enforce German censorship on their own.
Well for H&D 1 theres GameRanger

H&D 2 theres also a nice thoughtly video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-LSskHj0PM&amp;t=46s
mwnn: The lack of H&D 2 officially supported multiplayer is a bit of a blow; my old retail copy used the now defunct GameSpy.

As good as the missions are; multiplayer was one of it's best features - sneaking around a continental town with your bren/carbine/mp44 against some clever human opponents.

Stealth/action, stances, planning/command system, weapons galore, realistic damage, a pretty decent AI ally/opponent and some history inspired missions - such a great game.

Better than Rainbow 6 or SWAT for me. It's possible to get into the bunker in the first mission without even alerting the base! You can have a guy walk around in disguise if he's skilled enough/carrying correct equipment.

Apparently you can redirect the link to the Gamespy server in your hosts file:
http://hidden-and-dangerous.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=24&amp;t=2682
https://www.qtracker.com/master-gamespy-hostfile.php

Still a great release.

I only wish this would've been released 5 years ago or more when more of the community was still active.

Hopefully we get some kind of resurgence going.

I never really played H&D1 (only tried the freeware Deluxe version) it seemed a bit primitive coming back from H&D2.

And we never did get H&D3 :'(
H&D 1 theres GameRanger, as for H&D 2 theres a nice helpfull video [url=]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-LSskHj0PM[/url]
Messi_is_Messiah: This is my dream come true. There's no other series that I wanted here more. Now I can channel my efforts into hoping for a Vietcong and Mafia release soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C4ZVDP5nys
Oh yes, that would be the day, i remember Vietcong / Fist Alpha very well :)

GOG we must have this...
Post edited February 25, 2017 by MCcloud88

Thanks for the explanation.
tremere110: It's up to the publisher if they want to follow the laws. If 2K requests to block games from certain countries to comply with their laws GoG must respect those wishes. Other publishers might not care. Those countries may simply not have enough clout to force compliance (or unwillingness to actually force the issue).
It's only these 5 games that are blocked, none of the other 2K games are blocked, and a quick glance none of the other except Sid Meier's Pirates went thru accreditation if you look at the ratings shown. Our Ratings: https://www.fpb.org.za/ratings/ Only SM: Pirates is showing that, The recently released Civ III & IV isn't blocked and not rated.
netnerd85: I still haven't managed to get an enemy to surrender, are there bugs with that haha
Depends... not sure if I will recall it all correctly, but game difficulty itself does quite a difference.

And after that it depends how stressed the soldier feels vs his battle morale and rank. Don't expect the Japanese lieutenant will give up as easily as fresh Italian soldier.

Some of the "stressful" and "morale lowering" factors (I can't recall it very well, but I have suspicion there were actually two or three values, fear and morale, and the soldier may give up for different reason, but triggering him one way usually makes him more vulnerable also other, so don't worry too much about pushing him in one direction, use anything what's available:

- death of comrade near him (especially in his field of view)
- finding dead bodies (will actually also make him alert and furious, so the benefit toward giving up works more after considerable carnage, when they realize it's not as simple math as 20 vs 4 = as good as dead, in the early stage of mission this may just make him more brave)
- mild wounds
- loss of weapon (rarely the weapon may get shot out of hands IIRC)
- near explosion
- shots flying close to him (especially around head)
- being outnumbered

- turning around just to look down into the barrel; when already stressed by some ongoing battle being a bit lower rank and morale, surprising him from behind (like shooting right above his head unexpectedly) will have considerable success rate, although be prepared to shot him down before he will finish his aiming, in case he wants to die in a heroic way.

The last one was my favourite "final trigger" to make them piss their pants ... well... that would made the uniform for disguise a bit disgusting, but whatever war is war (joke, there's no "piss" part in the game ... sadly... :)) ).
ped7g: Depends... not sure if I will recall it all correctly,
ped7g, I have been enjoying reading your remembrances. Please do continue! I love hearing development stories for my favorite games from the guys who were actually there in the trenches at the time. I can't get enough of this!

So if you have any other interesting stories about your time there, or about working on this specific game, I'm sure that many of us would eat it up.

I wish that more developers would do what you are doing. We really appreciate your efforts, both what you did back then, and also telling the stories now. Kudos to you, sir!