It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All the lovers of 16 -bit era should check out this new title from XSEED Games now available on GOG.COM. Heroland is a roleplaying game set in a theme park offering its customers an artificial RPG experience, for a price of course. Real problems start when island on which Heroland is based proves to be more dangerous than any of the park’s attractions. Apart from nostalgic 16-bit graphics, the game presents us a set of moody jazz tunes composed by Tsukasa Masuko.
Wow! Reminded me of Paper Mario series :) Very cute!

Price is a bit too high, though. Wishlisted for now :D
Post edited December 04, 2019 by di0nizus
high rated
I remember this game attracting a lot of curiosity back when it was a Japan-exclusive (called "Work x Work") because it had some of the creators of Earthbound ("Mother 3") behind it. Since that's its main claim to fame, it mystifies me why they don't advertise that, and instead make it look like it was done by some random small-indie-studio-better-known-for-mobile-ports.

The price is super-high regardless, but it would have made the game's reception less negative if people knew its pedigree.
So many bucks per pixel. :P
fortune_p_dawg: jeezus squeezus bob! thats pricey and not nicey.
Yes it IS, but I'm not surprised as most JRPGs start at $40! I'd wait for a sale... I DO love the art-style, though I may be in the minority here.
Post edited December 04, 2019 by takezodunmer2005
HunchBluntley: There are characters in the screenshots named Fortran, Cobol and Lua. =D
I just came here to comment on the same thing :)
Does the game actually have programming references? Or is it just custom names provided by players? Just curious.
It looks great. Definitely not 40$ great though.
I remember this quote from before the download revolution about how Tetris couldn't be released in modern times because no-one would pay $40 for such a simple game.

Not saying Heroland is Tetris, but uh, how will we ever know? I hope they sent out some review copies.
Just imagine some of the other RPGs you can get for that same price point.....

I mean, did they think this was in the ball park of games like Pillars of Eternity, Divinity, Fallout, etc?
JCDenton32: Just imagine some of the other RPGs you can get for that same price point.....

I mean, did they think this was in the ball park of games like Pillars of Eternity, Divinity, Fallout, etc?
Last week you could get The Outer Worlds on console for 35$
I have to confess that I agree with a lot of the comments here. The spritely design is a lot more beautiful than the staple retro cuts often used. However, I'm still stumped at that price point. The only way that it would be worth it, is that it contains a long and evolving storyline with lots of locations to visit, do quests and battle in. I somehow doubt the game has this much content from a cursory look.
Post edited December 05, 2019 by Nicole28