It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All the lovers of 16 -bit era should check out this new title from XSEED Games now available on GOG.COM. Heroland is a roleplaying game set in a theme park offering its customers an artificial RPG experience, for a price of course. Real problems start when island on which Heroland is based proves to be more dangerous than any of the park’s attractions. Apart from nostalgic 16-bit graphics, the game presents us a set of moody jazz tunes composed by Tsukasa Masuko.
Link doesn't work

[EDIT] Link works now
Post edited December 03, 2019 by tremere110
Those pixely character cutouts sure look awfully weird.
i love moody jazz!
low rated
... but rejecting Rampage Knights. Too niche (tm) curation.
jeezus squeezus bob! thats pricey and not nicey.
high rated
XSEED must be out of their minds if they think this is worth the asking price of 40€. The game basically looks and plays like a mobile game. I know I know graphics are not everything, but still, there are plenty of pixel style games out there which cost less than half of this.

Definitely a pass for me.
This is like The Longest Five Minutes.

Okay game, ridiculous price, will get a cut and/or go on sale.

It's a wishlist item for me, if it were Steam only I'd ignore it, but releasing here keeps it in my mind where a Steam game would be eternally lost due to that launch price.
high rated
Good luck selling this game for this price.
Post edited December 03, 2019 by ChrisGamer300
Wow that art direction looks hideous.
fortune_p_dawg: jeezus squeezus bob! thats pricey and not nicey.
I was just going to comment that the game looks ugly (at least to me), but after reading your comment I looked to the price tag and... wow (⊙_☉)

This game is going to be a real winner. No wonder GOG curators couldn't resist bringing this gem here.
I actually somewhat like the style and all... would have been willing to pay up to 12,99€...

40€ the same day one of the biggest sales ended...
Interested for sure...but wow, I can't help but echo others' comments about price. I was told by another poster that it would be ridiculous to have certain other RPGs come here at such prices. Apparently, not the case! That said, I do believe in general that the games here are undervalued by most people since DRM-free ownership (effectively) is worth vastly more than renting games through Scheme or whichever client.

In any case, something is wonky about pricing when it comes to indie games. Maybe Heroland has more content than I am aware of (and I do think RPGs are generally a much better value for money than other genres). But the gut reaction is to compare and ask why is this the same price as another recent game like Blacksad? Does the 3Dification of the pixels in this one raise the price that much? Downvote away, but it's a legitimate query.
fortune_p_dawg: jeezus squeezus bob! thats pricey and not nicey.
Hollyhock: I was just going to comment that the game looks ugly (at least to me), but after reading your comment I looked to the price tag and... wow (⊙_☉)

This game is going to be a real winner. No wonder GOG curators couldn't resist bringing this gem here.
i don't dislike the look & style of it, just the gnarly price.

i mean, i assume i'm not slaying sephiroth and/or kefka and im guessing this isn't a game of world conquering madness... i mean, i could be wrong but it looks like it almost has some mobile game trappings.
There are characters in the screenshots named Fortran, Cobol and Lua. =D