It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brothers of the Watch, assemble!

Heroes of Hammerwatch is now available, 20% off until March 8, 9PM UTC.
Set in the same pixelated fantasy universe as Hammerwatch, this is a rogue-lite action-adventure meant to be enjoyed both solo and with friends. Your hero's progress is persistent, so choose your class wisely among the 7 diverse ones available, and get ready for a real challenge with procedurally generated levels that will keep you guessing and secrets lurking around each corner.

The game supports cross-play between GOG Galaxy and Steam.
rtcvb32: I recall hammerwatch being really good, i hope this is good too. Although may be a while before i consider it.
From launch trailer looks like it is Hammerwatch 2.0 - everything from first game expanded.
rtcvb32: I recall hammerwatch being really good, i hope this is good too. Although may be a while before i consider it.
Bambusek: From launch trailer looks like it is Hammerwatch 2.0 - everything from first game expanded.
Not really. Its a different expirience if you look at the gameplay videos, though its still very similar to original Hammerwatch.

Also Hammerwatch 2 is under development currently: http://hammerwatch2.com/
Great, with luck it's better than the first game....
and bought.
Honestly I would love to wait till the said direct IP connection will be implemented. DRM free multiplayer over LAN is a must have thing for me.
More than a little buggy at the moment, but hopefully it will be patched up so the sound won't stutter and the game won't randomly lag out and crash soon, maybe it just seems so bad to me because I didn't get Hammerwatch until long after release so it had already been patched up to run perfectly by the time I first played it while I picked this up day one and get to see all the launch bugs that I usually miss in most games not part of a favorite series.
I was a bit disappointed that the first Hammerwatch was something which was ... NOT a roguelike. So this sounds pretty good. I wonder how the game works in singleplayer? I never was much of a multiplayer person, and I fear that optimizing for co-op might have hurt the singleplayer aspect.
KasperHviid: I was a bit disappointed that the first Hammerwatch was something which was ... NOT a roguelike. So this sounds pretty good. I wonder how the game works in singleplayer? I never was much of a multiplayer person, and I fear that optimizing for co-op might have hurt the singleplayer aspect.
I've played a few online rounds, its the same amount and creatures and creature health, a little bit odd but the game still works regardless of these issues.

The game is very manageable to play through in offline mode. It does require some concentration and previous leveling up to get through the monsters. Right now I'm playing a lot of archer.

What you should do is not focus on just one class however, every boss you kill with a certain class unlocks a buff that applies to all heroes. This is a game you have to play a hundred times until you get the hang of it, but if it clicks it really does so and thats probably one of the games strongest points.

I'm fairly low skilled so it mostly depends on how careful you approach things and use your heroes skills properly. If you managed Hammerwatch solo there is a big chance that you can manage this game just fine.
I hate rogue-likes...I love this game however, the progression is still there though I'm level 3 and haven't bested the second floor yet!...Call me a sucker for pixel graphics as that's what drew me in; that, and well; I'm a franchise completionist!
Post edited March 05, 2018 by takezodunmer2005
vanchann: I thought there would be a Linux version too.

Wishlisted for now.
Matruchus: Heroes of Hammerwatch Linux version is not coming to gog cause of missing Galaxy support and lack of SDK support from gogs side.

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/677120/discussions/0/1694914735997463404/
So more Money for Valve then. Well done GOG!
Post edited March 06, 2018 by Woolytoes
Woolytoes: So more Money for Valve then. Well done GOG!
I think that developers have equal responsibility for a true DRM-free (Galaxy-free) build on Linux.

"More money for Valve" could be true for some users, but I'd also like to state another view.

I don't have a Steam account (neither any DRMed store account by the way). That means no money at all for developers and publishers for any release in such places.
vanchann: I think that developers have equal responsibility for a true DRM-free (Galaxy-free) build on Linux.

"More money for Valve" could be true for some users, but I'd also like to state another view.

I don't have a Steam account (neither any DRMed store account by the way). That means no money at all for developers and publishers for any release in such places.
Same here. Getting my friends a copy of the original game for their birthday, having them come over, hookup our laptops on a switch and make a LAN evening was what made that game great for me.

Maybe I'm a dying breed, but I can still speak with my money and I won't put it there.
Post edited March 07, 2018 by Magnitus