It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brothers of the Watch, assemble!

Heroes of Hammerwatch is now available, 20% off until March 8, 9PM UTC.
Set in the same pixelated fantasy universe as Hammerwatch, this is a rogue-lite action-adventure meant to be enjoyed both solo and with friends. Your hero's progress is persistent, so choose your class wisely among the 7 diverse ones available, and get ready for a real challenge with procedurally generated levels that will keep you guessing and secrets lurking around each corner.

The game supports cross-play between GOG Galaxy and Steam.
If you want to play multiplayer you have to download gog galaxy!!!! Not so nice
Ganni1987: There goes my evening. Dev responds on Steam about lack of Linux version on GOG (source):

Sorry, their Galaxy system and SDK doesn't support Linux so in the end it seems like its not coming on GOG until we get that sorted
Ganni1987:
Dafuq... Hammerwatch has a perfectly working directIP multi-player that works without port forwarding.
Why the change? Why?!

:(
metapath: If you want to play multiplayer you have to download gog galaxy!!!! Not so nice
The point of those kinds of systems is to relieve developpers of the infrastructure issues in a multiplayer game.
metapath: If you want to play multiplayer you have to download gog galaxy!!!! Not so nice
Thanks for the heads up! The store page did not list Galaxy under System Requirements like some other games' store pages do.

Refund requested.
Are you sure? I can find lobbies and host a game without using Galaxy.

Really enjoying the game, by the way, it never feels unfair. I loved Hammerwatch, and the town upgrading elements in this are good, you don't need to 'grind' too much, and you can unlock plenty of permanent character upgrades and other stuff.
Post edited March 02, 2018 by SCPM
I recall hammerwatch being really good, i hope this is good too. Although may be a while before i consider it.
vanchann: Thanks for the info. We have a statement at least.
And it's that Galaxy thing again. :-(
And again no comment from GOG about the dropped Linux support.
Matruchus: Heroes of Hammerwatch Linux version is not coming to gog cause of missing Galaxy support and lack of SDK support from gogs side.

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/677120/discussions/0/1694914735997463404/
Awesome, guess which game I will not be buying for myself and a bunch of my friends to LAN party on...

Seriously, the first game was exactly what I needed. How could they go so wrong with the next installment?
Post edited March 02, 2018 by Magnitus
I have the original game on both PC and Switch and it's great fun, especially with friends. I'd recommend it if you ever enjoyed Gauntlet (I'm thinking Atari ST here), both old and newer versions.
It seems that they plan on adding directIP support but that won't come with a Linux port.
They tied the Linux version tightly into Steam's infrastructure, as it seems, which kills it for me.
Also: No local co-op...
For fuck's sake. I'm really disappointed with this.

Yet another title I was looking forward to goes to no buy list because of platform lock-in bullshit. :(
Post edited March 02, 2018 by clarry
Klumpen0815: It seems that they plan on adding directIP support but that won't come with a Linux port.
They tied the Linux version tightly into Steam's infrastructure, as it seems, which kills it for me.
Technically they can separate it from Steam, they did it for the Windows version after all. But I guess the version you'd get right now for Linux would be without any multiplayer at all. This is why I brought up Direct IP /LAN (BigDaddyDelta is my Steam user), it eliminates the need for clients and multiplayer lives a long life that way.

Even Serious Sam's Bogus Detour suffered this fate. Which is unfortunate as it looks like a great game and something I've wanted to buy. It's already bad enough with Croteam locking their games to Steam.
Post edited March 02, 2018 by Ganni1987
vanchann: Game has been removed from my wishlist, since I don't want to support Galaxy and its prioritization by any means.
Klumpen0815: Also: No local co-op...
I wonder if the developers realize they are losing paying customers with sad, inexcusable practices like this. I had some interest in this title, but not now. I dub it, Heroes of HARD PASS.
Unrelated, but there´s a ninja typo at promo page for Lil Divil, GOG.
Please, correct it :)
Attachments: