It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Interlaced memories.

Her Story, a completely innovative FMV detective game from the mastermind behind Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, is available now for Windows and Mac OS X. Get it DRM-free on GOG.com with a 17% launch discount.

The year is 1994. A woman is interviewed by the Police, her husband gone missing. Her every word recorded and interlaced via police camera. It is now between you, your dusty mothball computer, and Her Story. The premise is simple - scan the database of seven live-action interviews to make sense of the disappearance, to analyze every word, facial expression, every moment of silence. One keyword at a time.

With a completely fresh take on storytelling, and archaic yet deeply familiar gameplay based on simple keyword searches, <span class="bold">Her Story</span> asks a pittance for a memory. Check out the rave reviews, and make sure to grab the game DRM-free, right here on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, July 3, at 12:59 PM GMT.

In the press:
"Her Story is so masterful in its simple, personal, and idiosyncratic delivery that even time wasted is filled with charm and intrigue." -- Digital Spy

"As well as being a superb detective game, Her Story might be the best FMV game ever made." -- Rock , Paper, Shotgun

"It's been days since I finished the game, but I can’t stop thinking about it. Her Story nails the dark, voyeuristic nature of true crime and the curiosity that follows. The worst thing I can say about Her Story is that, eventually, there's nothing else left to find." -- Polygon
Post edited June 26, 2015 by Rostek
LeonardoCornejo: My only complain is that games such as HuniePop and Hatred got rejected by GOG but this not. I mean, gameplay wise both HuniePop and Hatred are more interesting, but hey, they are not artsy games. I guess GOG does not know where is the money, next thing we hera they might release Sunset.
Just to make it clear, I don't mean this should not be released, I just say some unreleased games deserve to be released too.
That's because GOG is smart in how it picks the games it releases. It does not filter by what kind of games they are, but only by their quality.

Now of course quality is subjective so there's always going to be some people that think Hatred or HuniePop or whatever looks fun. But for that same reason, you cannot say that those two games are objectively "more interesting" than Her Story.

And again, there's no perfect answer. There are people who would have bought Hatred or HuniePop if they'd been released on GOG, but it still would have cost GOG time and money to put those games on their service. They have to make an assessment and basically try to guess if the game will make enough money back to be worth releasing.

That's much better than the alternative you seem to support. Not releasing games simply because there experience isn't one you enjoy because of it's genre is a terrible mistake, because that's an even more subjective matter and therefor a higher risk for losing customers.
LeonardoCornejo: My only complain is that games such as HuniePop and Hatred got rejected by GOG but this not. I mean, gameplay wise both HuniePop and Hatred are more interesting, but hey, they are not artsy games. I guess GOG does not know where is the money, next thing we hera they might release Sunset.
Just to make it clear, I don't mean this should not be released, I just say some unreleased games deserve to be released too.
EckoShy: That's because GOG is smart in how it picks the games it releases. It does not filter by what kind of games they are, but only by their quality.

Now of course quality is subjective so there's always going to be some people that think Hatred or HuniePop or whatever looks fun. But for that same reason, you cannot say that those two games are objectively "more interesting" than Her Story.

And again, there's no perfect answer. There are people who would have bought Hatred or HuniePop if they'd been released on GOG, but it still would have cost GOG time and money to put those games on their service. They have to make an assessment and basically try to guess if the game will make enough money back to be worth releasing.

That's much better than the alternative you seem to support. Not releasing games simply because there experience isn't one you enjoy because of it's genre is a terrible mistake, because that's an even more subjective matter and therefor a higher risk for losing customers.
I stated this game deserved to be released as much as those. If that makes you think it did not deserve to be released then you are wrong. What worries me is that GOG is focusing too much in hipster artsy games and ignoring popular ones. It even worries me that they released Ultimate General Getisburg but kept it kind of hiden, it did not apear in the news section or the new release tab.
I think I'm just gunna hang out here.
Post edited July 03, 2015 by bad_fur_day1
This actually looks really interesting, Reminds me of [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogue:_A_Hate_Story]A Hate Story[/url] (except with FMV)
LeonardoCornejo: It even worries me that they released Ultimate General Getisburg but kept it kind of hiden, it did not apear in the news section or the new release tab.
What are you talking about?

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_ultimate_general_gettysburg_b4a01
LeonardoCornejo: It even worries me that they released Ultimate General Getisburg but kept it kind of hiden, it did not apear in the news section or the new release tab.
Suuuuuureee, they hid it so much that when Apple removed it temporarily from the store, it "mysteriously" showed up on the main page as a new release, even though it was already 1 month old on GOG.
Grargar: Suuuuuureee, they hid it so much that when Apple removed it temporarily from the store, it "mysteriously" showed up on the main page as a new release, even though it was already 1 month old on GOG.
That explains it, I did not see it the first time.
My mistake.
Post edited July 03, 2015 by LeonardoCornejo
tremere110: Played this... You need to know Morse Code to get all the clues which is kinda bull****.
Protip: it's not Morse code - it's Tap code (or Knock code).
Prisoners use it to communicate without their guards noticing.
I am so stuck, I think I've decoded it but it doesn't help with searches for unlocking the last footage segments.

Don't tell me.