It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hedon is now available DRM-free. Get it 25% off until November 6th, 2pm UTC.

Update: Those of you who already own Hedon on Steam, can now redeem DRM-free copy via GOG Connect</span>. Offer is valid until November 12th, 2pm UTC.

Hedon is an experimental mix of classic and modern action game design running on the GZDoom Engine and bearing bits of inspiration from titles such as Hexen, Unreal or Arx Fatalis.
high rated
Zan_HedonDev: Can you send me a screenshot? I assume you're using a 4K display or higher?
omega64: 1440p, screenshot included

There
https://imgur.com/a/JyUiGdx
Wait so your HUD only shows while the map is open? Did you change any of the settings?
You can troubleshoot by removing hgzdoom-"yourusername".ini from the installation folder and rebooting the game. That file contains your custom settings, and moving it away from the folder will cause the game to reset to defaults.
omega64: 1440p, screenshot included

There
https://imgur.com/a/JyUiGdx
Zan_HedonDev: Wait so your HUD only shows while the map is open? Did you change any of the settings?
You can troubleshoot by removing hgzdoom-"yourusername".ini from the installation folder and rebooting the game. That file contains your custom settings, and moving it away from the folder will cause the game to reset to defaults.
Yeah, deleting the ini fixed it. Thanks. No idea how I managed this.
Did I miss the deadline? Gog connect says it is unavailable but is still shown...
-Nachtmahr-: Did I miss the deadline? Gog connect says it is unavailable but is still shown...
Offer is valid until November 12th, 2pm UTC.
If you're having trouble, try this perhaps.
Zan_HedonDev: Wait so your HUD only shows while the map is open? Did you change any of the settings?
omega64: Yeah, deleting the ini fixed it. Thanks. No idea how I managed this.
I think you might have accidentally pressed + or -
Keep this in mind if it happens again.
GOG connect doesn't seem to be working for me with Hedon. I've refreshed multiple times and even put a few more hours into the game on Steam. GOG Connect sees Hedon... it sees my Steam profile... but it doesn't see that I own it on Steam. Oh well.

EDIT: Seems to have worked now. I think the issue was that while my profile was public, my games list wasn't. Made that public and then it properly showed a few hours later.
Post edited November 07, 2019 by GreasyDogMeat
Yes, it eventually works, good to know that :^)
Zan_HedonDev: Hedon is the only 3D game in which I'll ever make hand drawn character sprites
Oh, why is that? I hope it's not because of some complaints, there is nothing wrong with having sprites.
Zan_HedonDev: Hedon is the only 3D game in which I'll ever make hand drawn character sprites
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: Oh, why is that? I hope it's not because of some complaints, there is nothing wrong with having sprites.
It's not about the sprites themselves, it's about how you make them. Drawing them by hand is an extremely tedious process and I'd much rather shoot them from 3D models instead.
I see, thanks! Having to make animated sprites from various angles by hand is of course a lot of work.
high rated
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: I see, thanks! Having to make animated sprites from various angles by hand is of course a lot of work.
It's not just the time, but how tedious it is to draw the same thing from dull straight angles again and again, then try to animate it in a time effective way that will inevitably produce a degree of jank. But yeah, with all the effort, the end result has it's charm and soul despite the shortcomings.

I just don't think I'll have the patience to do this again for another game :^)