It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

At the speed of light.

<span class="bold">Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition</span>, a reworked and enhanced edition of the strategy/RPG, is now DRM-free on GOG.com – available FREE for all owners of Halcyon 6, and launching at 10% off for all.

Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition combines all past game updates with a fleet of new features:
–A streamlined campaign and game systems, for a more condensed, accessible, and exciting experience.
–New Officer Progression System, more dynamic control over your Ship Loadout and Configuration
–Enhanced combat with 25+ new alien faction space combat abilities, reworks, and balance tweaks.
–A whole new UI and quality of life updates, all, designed for greater readability and usability.
–A new difficulty mode introducing new challenges for the seasoned veterans.

The 10% launch discount will last until August 17, 6AM UTC.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6tQ52bRgK_Y?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
JudasIscariot: Yes, you'll need to go into the Options menu and turn off the full screen mode :)
Bought and downloading now.
Looking forward for Halcyon 6: FTL Edition!! :D
IAmSinistar: Fantastic! So glad this is finally out. Gonna play the game all over again and enjoy the massive content update.

Oh, and thanks GOG for picking my backer commander in your screenshots. Yes, I'm Howard Kistler, the human-plant hybrid commander in the game. It was a blast working with the Halcyon 6 team to come up with the in-game character, and I hope folks like all the new choices!
That's so awesome!!!
Looking forward to play it next year (hopefully).
Post edited August 10, 2017 by amrit9037
amrit9037: That's so awesome!!!
Looking forward to play it next year (hopefully).
Cheers mate! It's a lot of fun, and from what I've seen this edition has loads of customisation options for your crew and ships, so it should be an even better experience than the first game (which is fricking great).
Ah but I can't see the previous reviews anymore..
Btw, I think that the new edition removed the game from my wishlist.
phaolo: Ah but I can't see the previous reviews anymore..
Btw, I think that the new edition removed the game from my wishlist.
It's a new game in the database, old one removed, new one added in its place, so yep.
Great, already completed it, but nice reason to reload it once again.
Superb game for the dosh.
A manual... a manual... my kingdom for a manual!
Post edited August 11, 2017 by yogsloth
yogsloth: A manual... a manual... my kingdom for a manual!
You don't really need one.. if you play the opening tutorial section it should explain pretty much everything if I remember rightly, and other elements are explained as they are introduced.
The game goodies

Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander (Windows) 334 MB
Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander (Mac) 351 MB

are redirecting me to a "404 - Not Found" webpage when I try to download them.

The Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander (Linux) 357 MB, I had no problem downloading.

Anyone else has that problem?
adaliabooks: ...
Thank you. Sounds like a game i'd enjoy.
So I'm the only one that can't download these game goodies:

?
metricfun: So I'm the only one that can't download these game goodies:

?
Just tried it and am having that issue as well. I can still download it from the original game on my shelf though (from previous purchase). Might want to contact support and let them know the extras aren't working though.
tremere110: Just tried it and am having that issue as well. I can still download it from the original game on my shelf though (from previous purchase). Might want to contact support and let them know the extras aren't working though.
Thanks for testing it. I've just contacted support about it.
DF1871: I love Strategie/RPG-Hybrids but i was turned away by some of the more bad reviews. Why would you say it's worth the bucks?
adaliabooks: It's a really great game that the developers are really passionate about. I bought it day 1 (on a whim basically because I really liked the sound of it) and played through it within a few weeks, I did another run about 6 months ago and the devs have updated and improved so much it almost felt like a different game. And there have been at least two biggish updates since then with new stuff.

As for the gameplay itself, it really reminds me of X-Com more than anything else (though I've only played the recent remake one and not for all that long) in that you're constantly reacting to attacks and events from various aliens while trying to build your base up to upgrade your fleets.
The combat is modelled on JRPG style turn based combat but with a really nice rock-paper-scissors kind of system to status effects. Different attacks cause different statuses (anything from lowering enemy accuracy or evasion to damage over time) and these statuses can then be exploited for massive damage bonuses. It makes the combat a lot of fun, and as it is the bulk of the gameplay that's a good thing as (for me anyway) it never really got tired. Since I've last played they've also added a morale system, but I don't know how that works with everything else.

Graphics are really nice, good quality pixel art. The story is decent and the interactions with the other aliens quite humorous (it goes for a semi-silly tone) and well written. There's quite a bit of content and replayability.

All in all it's just a really great game, one of my favourites of recent years.

Hope that helps. If you have any specific questions or concerns fire away and I'll see what I can tell you.
I will buy it and give it a try...hope it holds your promises high :)