It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Guild of Darksteel is now available on GOG.COM with a 25% discount that will last until 22nd July 2021, 5 PM UTC.

Dive into a story-driven adventure game set in a rich, dark fantasy world. As the immortal Sellsword, you must unearth an evil plot brewing beneath the city of Ravenrock.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
low rated
And, POP!...
I tried the demo on Steam and I found it a bit boring, but maybe it gets better further on. I give it the benefit of doubt.

"Guild of Darksteel is the product of artist and one-man studio, Igor Sandman"
Respect.
Post edited July 15, 2021 by Dogmaus
low rated
Only gamepads are compatible?
Zoidberg: Only gamepads are compatible?
I remember there is keyboard support, but not sure if rebindable...
I'd say try the demo but it looks like it's gone.
It looks like the original Prince of Persia. So can anyone tell me about the control, is it better compared to the awkward control of PoP?
I'm glad to see this game finally out. I like the visual style and the gameplay looks fun.

I'll have to score it soon! :)
RedRagan: It looks like the original Prince of Persia. So can anyone tell me about the control, is it better compared to the awkward control of PoP?
Controls are completely different, and the combat system is rich and new moves are learned throughout the game. It feels nothing like classic PoP. It's also a completely different kind of game.
low rated
Dogmaus: I tried the demo on Steam and I found it a bit boring, but maybe it gets better further on. I give it the benefit of doubt.

"Guild of Darksteel is the product of artist and one-man studio, Igor Sandman"
Respect.
Got that impression from looking at it. Gotta have respect for people who do games as singular devs, but i am getting alot of that on dlsite that have more intersting bits, and some that are more interesting without the bits at a lower price, too.
This looks very solid (graphics, sound, atmosphere).
OP_2021: This looks very solid (graphics, sound, atmosphere).
yep! Maybe my problem with the demo is that it was tutorialish and stopped just when it could start getting interesting. I can still remember the environments and the characters in the city and the dungeons. The art is really my taste. The fighting system was promising but still limited because you need to learn new techniques.
Yes, I'm the real Dogmaus™, this is an account I use for a wishlist based on different criteria since we don't have GOG mixes anymore.
Post edited July 16, 2021 by Mogdaus
RedRagan: It looks like the original Prince of Persia. So can anyone tell me about the control, is it better compared to the awkward control of PoP?
Dogmaus: Controls are completely different, and the combat system is rich and new moves are learned throughout the game. It feels nothing like classic PoP. It's also a completely different kind of game.
Ah thank you. It's pretty obvious that the developer going to make the control better.
Zoidberg: Only gamepads are compatible?
Dogmaus: I remember there is keyboard support, but not sure if rebindable...
I'd say try the demo but it looks like it's gone.
Pity.
Game took me about 3 hours to complete. Died 3 times not including the plot deaths that are unavoidable. Pretty good game overall, but incredibly short. Fun, though. The combat is more rhythm game than combat, not entirely different from the original POP. However, there are a few combos to learn, and once you get them down and unlock all the special additions, it is fun. It isn't hard by any standard. The story is not terrible, but isn't anything that will keep you guessing. About an hour in I had accurately guessed most of the plot points. Still it is a story worth seeing to the end. I've played worse games for more money, and this weighs in at an impressively light 58MB. Good Job, Igor!
Post edited July 18, 2021 by paladin181
I wish the graphics were more detailed.