It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For all the fans of classic RPGs this title will be like a journey through time.

It took creators many years to develop Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, but our patience has been more than rewarded. The title features a beautiful 2D hand-drawn artwork, more than 244 maps to explore, and provides the gamers with over 600 hours of play.

Buy Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar on GOG.COM and get a 25% discount until 2nd January 2020, 2 PM UTC.
Crosmando: So I take it you look at the entire Twitter/Facebook/Forum history of every lead developer of every video game before you play it so you can see if they've ever said anything you find objectionable? "Oh look at this, the lead dev of XYZ game said on Twitter something 7 years ago which could be seen as sexist, I'm never playing this game!"
No, of course not. I would never ACTIVELY looking up if the dev I am about to support is a guy I like or dislike. However in this case there was no need for me to look it up. Somebody told me and I made my decision - but like I said, since this is not my kind of game I would not have bought it anyway.

Crosmando: Must be really sad to have this kinda mindset, unable to enjoy things because you cannot detach fictional works from reality.
Well, it's about giving money to a person I like or dislike - or am I wrong here?
low rated
MarkoH01: Well, it's about giving money to a person I like or dislike - or am I wrong here?
teh user is question is a persistent, long-lastin' asshat. honest lee dont bother.
MarkoH01: Well, it's about giving money to a person I like or dislike - or am I wrong here?
Fairfox: teh user is question is a persistent, long-lastin' asshat. honest lee dont bother.
Have you ever considered channeling your energy into self-improvement? lol
ped7g: I'm still keeping it in wishlist until somebody confirms that wiki article about linux will resolve specifically the mouse lag issue.
I don't have problems with mouse lag in wine-staging 4.17. I followed the instructions from Grimoire's Wine Guide and only installed directmusic and gmdls with winetricks. Curiously, I have mouse lag when running it in crossover with Direct Music installed...

I only played the game a few minutes and it seems to be quite playable in linux, although it does suffer from low programming quality (it loads slowly on my Ryzen 2600; the game occupies a fixed part of the screen despite running in a full screen mode; I had an error followed by termination after changing some basic settings). I think this is for hardcore wizardry fans who will play it nevertheless...
Post edited December 14, 2019 by igrok
ped7g: (I mean, rationally I absolutely don't understand how people can be still using windows, it's kinda ridiculous and funny (and sad), but that's not my problem and forcing "good" upon somebody is much more evil, so ... yeah... use what you want... but at least some active acknowledgment from Cleve would be nice (about putting some minimal effort into not breaking it more), if not full native support)
GameRager: I can't speak for everyone, but the benefits(less spying, forced updates, etc...almost all of which one can disable with some tweaks here and there) are outweighed by the minuses(learning a new OS, configuring it, finding software and games for it, etc).
========================================

takezodunmer2005: Not really, all you need to do to use GoG is to download the install files and unlike steam, GoG's client is strictly optional; whereas steam is required to DL/install the game... and there are more games that require steam to authenticate/install/run with the client then not, so much so that it cannot be considered DRM-Free.
GameRager: That's mostly what I was trying to get at, actually.....but it's not THAT much work and steam often has cheaper prices for some games so for a bit of work(installing client, running it, buying games, porting files on games one can) it can be a bargain for some.
Of that we can agree, as steam does have frequent deals and most games are released there by default; I only wish that GoG was the default, but they're getting there... slowly!
richlind33: Specifically speaking, you've shifted the goalposts, as you didn't specifically make reference to *initial* installations. Which is fine, if it makes you feel better. But as GameRager alludes to, you do need to be online to download offline installers, which is kind of prerequisite to doing your INITIAL installation, ya know? lol
**That is besides the point as that is a given, and as it still stands steam is still DRM whether you like it or not... but this post is not only for you it's for others to read/learn about DRM vs Non-DRM which has always been my point no matter how much you want to spin it, and with that, I am finished with this back and forth...

**(You also have to download a movie that you bought vs signing up to a streaming site to watch it...)
Post edited December 15, 2019 by takezodunmer2005
low rated
MarkoH01: 1) You are still talking about objective good/bad games which imo is a thing that does not exist.
I think it does exist in terms of aspects of games/game play...such as better quality of cutscenes/graphics, better fidelity music/sound, more effort put into writing, etc.

The only thing(imo) that should matter(in most cases, unless said makers are supporting terror or similar with said money) is how "good" or "bad" the product is.......what the maker thinks shouldn't factor into it, or at least not as much.

Plus let us remember many makers of things we consume likely do very bad things or think bad things....either themselves or as company wide policy/stances.....if we stopped buying all such things we'd likely suffer more than they would for it and possibly have to make some of our own goods(or pay much more for goods made by those with stances more in alignment with our own or that are more agreeable).

Now I am not saying people shouldn't so such in some cases, and I applaud them for sticking to their guns in many cases, I just don't see much point to it & think the works should be judge apart from their makers for the most part.
=======================

Fairfox: teh user is question is a persistent, long-lastin' asshat. honest lee dont bother.
You seem to think that most who upset you a bit or who say something you disagree with are arsehats, though.
========================

takezodunmer2005: Of that we can agree, as steam does have frequent deals and most games are released there by default; I only wish that GoG was the default, but they're getting there... slowly!
Agreed...but sadly/likely some games will never come here as some ip holders either dislike gog/drm free or they have deals to remain exclusive(in some cases) with steam/etc.
Post edited December 15, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
Crosmando: So I take it you look at the entire Twitter/Facebook/Forum history of every lead developer of every video game before you play it so you can see if they've ever said anything you find objectionable? "Oh look at this, the lead dev of XYZ game said on Twitter something 7 years ago which could be seen as sexist, I'm never playing this game!"
MarkoH01: No, of course not. I would never ACTIVELY looking up if the dev I am about to support is a guy I like or dislike. However in this case there was no need for me to look it up. Somebody told me and I made my decision - but like I said, since this is not my kind of game I would not have bought it anyway.

Crosmando: Must be really sad to have this kinda mindset, unable to enjoy things because you cannot detach fictional works from reality.
Do you wear clothes made in developing countries? Because chances are they were made by brutal exploitation of child labor. If you think supporting that is worse than supporting some guy on the internet who said some mean things then you need to analyse yourself.
Post edited December 15, 2019 by Crosmando
low rated
Crosmando: Do you wear clothes made in developing countries? Because chances are they were made by brutal exploitation of child labor.
Also many things made in china/etc for walmart/etc.

(BTW to all: Not adding this to rag on MarkH01 or anyone....just adding to this topic a bit)
MarkoH01: 1) You are still talking about objective good/bad games which imo is a thing that does not exist.
GameRager: I think it does exist in terms of aspects of games/game play...such as better quality of cutscenes/graphics, better fidelity music/sound, more effort put into writing, etc.

GameRager: The only thing(imo) that should matter(in most cases, unless said makers are supporting terror or similar with said money) is how "good" or "bad" the product is.......what the maker thinks shouldn't factor into it, or at least not as much.

Plus let us remember many makers of things we consume likely do very bad things or think bad things....either themselves or as company wide policy/stances.....if we stopped buying all such things we'd likely suffer more than they would for it and possibly have to make some of our own goods(or pay much more for goods made by those with stances more in alignment with our own or that are more agreeable).

Now I am not saying people shouldn't so such in some cases, and I applaud them for sticking to their guns in many cases, I just don't see much point to it & think the works should be judge apart from their makers for the most part.
=======================

GameRager: You seem to think that most who upset you a bit or who say something you disagree with are arsehats, though.
========================

takezodunmer2005: Of that we can agree, as steam does have frequent deals and most games are released there by default; I only wish that GoG was the default, but they're getting there... slowly!
GameRager: Agreed...but sadly/likely some games will never come here as some ip holders either dislike gog/drm free or they have deals to remain exclusive(in some cases) with steam/etc.
I will say this, I much prefer steam over the epic store, as that only has a pseudo offline mode, if I unplug my Ethernet I cannot get access to my games, unlike with steam/GoG/and even ubisoft and EA's launcher!
low rated
takezodunmer2005: I will say this, I much prefer steam over the epic store, as that only has a pseudo offline mode, if I unplug my Ethernet I cannot get access to my games, unlike with steam/GoG/and even ubisoft and EA's launcher!
Agreed

(Although none of them bother me much re: offline mode as I could "patch out" said drm/online requirements after buying[if i wanted to] due to being more morally flexible)

Aside: Also digging your avatar pic. :)
low rated
(Youtube video with sound)
GameRager: /V/ The Musical
Why post a 4chan meme video instead of an actual review that helps people decide if its a game they want to play?

I have no idea if i should get this.
Never played a wizardry or might&magic game just Stonekeep, Anvil of Dawn, Grimrock 1/2 and enjoyed those.
Post edited December 15, 2019 by Dreaganos
low rated
Dreaganos: Why post a 4chan meme video instead of an actual review that helps people decide if its a game they want to play?
You seem to have mistaken my intent...I meant more people should review honestly(amateurs and professionals) and that we need some actual good reviews here on GOG for this game. :)

(Also that's just their brand name.....it isn't officially made by/promoted by 4chan)
Not trying to censor anyone here, but could some of you please somehow keep the discussions about "what constitutes DRM" (there are many threads about that already), the douchy dev and his work separate?
I know that this is hard especially when it comes to art, but I'm having a hard time filtering out information about the actual game on some pages.
Post edited December 15, 2019 by Klumpen0815