It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For all the fans of classic RPGs this title will be like a journey through time.

It took creators many years to develop Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, but our patience has been more than rewarded. The title features a beautiful 2D hand-drawn artwork, more than 244 maps to explore, and provides the gamers with over 600 hours of play.

Buy Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar on GOG.COM and get a 25% discount until 2nd January 2020, 2 PM UTC.
Hey Cleve, any chance of us Indiegogo backers getting a copy on GOG?
rjbuffchix: RW, have you played it? The game is an old-school RPG, with all that comes with that (though it has the automapping, which not all old-school RPGs have). So it really is a matter of taste.
GameRager: He seems to be knocking it based on how unfair it is, when MANY old school RPGs/other games were as unfair or worse, and people love them.

rjbuffchix: My view is that forums are for honest discussion. Loud namecalling is this way, and on sale right now for $0.59 > https://www.gog.com/game/ohsir_the_insult_simulator
GameRager: *Pics related*
I used to love games like these when I had an abundance of time and little money. They stretch a wonderful challenge. I played might and magic 2 for maybe 20 years. But now I don't have the focus of time for the long game. But many do and it's wonderful that someone put so much time and effort into building it.
low rated
Tallima: I used to love games like these when I had an abundance of time and little money. They stretch a wonderful challenge. I played might and magic 2 for maybe 20 years. But now I don't have the focus of time for the long game. But many do and it's wonderful that someone put so much time and effort into building it.
I love em till this day(but that's likely because i'm mostly home bound plus poor as hell). :)
So what exactly is the status/condition of the game at the moment?
rjbuffchix: snip
You can tell a lot from Let's Plays where people are playing the game live just like you can learn from streams. I've talked about them before and you'd know if you weren't just attacking me and actually cared about this game. Instead, you are one of the forum losers going around calling every rejected game some "hidden gem" just to prove your poorly thought out point.

Complaining about Steam doesn't say anything about this game or really any game. We get it, you claim to be so anti-DRM that everyone is supposed to think the same as you about everything or else you think you have a right to insult them. Just as Frozenneekburm wants to pretend insulting Youtubers somehow makes Cleve not an asshole despite numerous homophobic posts, calling anyone who wrote negative reviews "SJWs", banning people on forums for minor criticisms, etc. Lied to people constantly from claiming the game would never be discounted and even going so far as to claim his game was being played 1000's of hours by people pirating it because he was tracking it, which is hard to do for an offline game. Among other made up claims about how "popular" the game is...

This is a game designed with all the flaws and more of games 20 years ago and then turned many of those flaws up to 11. There are 15 classes and one can switch from one to another, 14 different races, 12 different spell schools, 11 different attribute scores, 97 different skills and 7 different types of attacks all with different modifiers. All that for characters expected just to reach about level 10. Maybe some will love they can play crazy races and classes and combinations, and may be proud when they piece together a crazy OP combination but I suspect many will be turned off when if you aren't optimizing the combinations, you'll suffer for it. This isn't getting into the information overload leading to decision paralysis. Remember all the complaints about no manual? Look at all those options and imagine trying to decide without knowing what any of them do. At least the manual is finally released with all the charts necessary for one to start parsing that information. Imagine what it was like when one had no clue what anything actually did? That was clearly evident in those Let's Plays...
Niggles: So what exactly is the status/condition of the game at the moment?
Good, there might be some bugs hanging around but those are the minor types, game has been through a few years of patching and is way better condition than it was at release.

But if you don't like the interface or just finding the game itself too janky there's not much I can say. The game was released in 2017 but it's better to think of it as a game from 1995 (as that's when most of the graphics and design were originally made).

If you want to play an RPG like Wizardry 7 this is the closest you can get.
Post edited December 14, 2019 by Crosmando
low rated
RWarehall: I've talked about them before and you'd know if you weren't just attacking me and actually cared about this game. Instead, you are one of the forum losers going around calling every rejected game some "hidden gem" just to prove your poorly thought out point.
The hypocrisy in this statement(bolded bits) alone......

Also stick to the game(both of you guys), please. :)
Post edited December 14, 2019 by GameRager
RWarehall: All that for characters expected just to reach about level 10.
This is the one thing that I really don't like about Grimoire, the low level cap (even if it is a soft cap). I thought this was gonna be one of those RPGs where you can grind up and make godly powerful parties at lvl 100 or something, but no. Hopefully Cleve changes this in future patches.
low rated
F it...in for a penny, in for a pound....here's the rest:

RWarehall: Complaining about Steam doesn't say anything about this game or really any game.We get it, you claim to be so anti-DRM that everyone is supposed to think the same as you about everything or else you think you have a right to insult them.
It proves some exist who wouldn't fit in that neat pile of steam/etc stats who might want such games here and nowhere else.

Also I agree, no one should insult people.......unless someone keeps insulting them first and won't debate/discuss topics with them civilly...then imo they are fair game for a bit of light/civil derision or at the very least criticism for their behavior.

RWarehall: Just as Frozenneekburm wants to pretend insulting Youtubers somehow makes Cleve not an asshole despite numerous homophobic posts, calling anyone who wrote negative reviews "SJWs", banning people on forums for minor criticisms, etc.
If a youtuber does bad or has bias they should be able to point it out(albeit civilly) so people know such person is biased....although I agree people shouldn't be that way(in general) to potential customers.

RWarehall: Lied to people constantly from claiming the game would never be discounted and even going so far as to claim his game was being played 1000's of hours by people pirating it because he was tracking it, which is hard to do for an offline game.
The 1st bit: People can change their minds on such, you know(discounts/etc).

RWarehall: Among other made up claims about how "popular" the game is...
Somewhat anecdotal....unless you went to everyone's house and asked them personally, that is(or polled them all/most of them).

RWarehall: This is a game designed with all the flaws and more of games 20 years ago and then turned many of those flaws up to 11. There are 15 classes and one can switch from one to another, 14 different races, 12 different spell schools, 11 different attribute scores, 97 different skills and 7 different types of attacks all with different modifiers. All that for characters expected just to reach about level 10.
Most of that seems decent except the level cap.

RWarehall: Maybe some will love they can play crazy races and classes and combinations, and may be proud when they piece together a crazy OP combination but I suspect many will be turned off when if you aren't optimizing the combinations, you'll suffer for it. This isn't getting into the information overload leading to decision paralysis. Remember all the complaints about no manual? Look at all those options and imagine trying to decide without knowing what any of them do. At least the manual is finally released with all the charts necessary for one to start parsing that information.
Eh, people need to "git gud" then....many old school RPGs were as tough or tougher.

RWarehall: Imagine what it was like when one had no clue what anything actually did?

That was clearly evident in those Let's Plays...
Well now players have more information so let's wait for new let's plays/reviews before calling the game on account of rain, shall we?
low rated
RWarehall: I've talked about them before and you'd know if you weren't just attacking me and actually cared about this game. Instead, you are one of the forum losers going around calling every rejected game some "hidden gem" just to prove your poorly thought out point.
GameRager: I was going to reply point by point on this post and then I saw this....the hypocrisy in this statement(bolded bits) alone is off the charts.

Also stick to the game(both of you guys), please. :)
Who are you to talk? Talk about hypocrisy...

Besides, you never address anything "point by point". You make uninformed blanket statements with no knowledge to back it up about games you've never played and never really looked into like Vendetta. How much you've tried to defend that game when you clearly know nothing about it...a buggy mess of a game with numerous flaws outside of the bad plot and horrible voice acting.

At least Grimoire appears to be a functional game. Some complaints about slow loading at times, had some quest bugs, but even games like Witcher 3 have some of those still. The real issue with Grimoire seems to be that while it fits the style of ancient Wizardry games, is the story and plot inspiring at all? All I seem to hear about is all the "content", but not much talk at all of the "quality" of that content.
dtgreene:
Fairfox: surprised to see you sniffin' anywhere near this game
Imagine being so emotionally fragile that you cannot enjoy a game because you found out the developer said some mean words on the interwebs.
low rated
RWarehall: Who are you to talk? Talk about hypocrisy...
I never said I was perfect...I at least TRY to debate you and others here, though.

RWarehall: Besides, you never address anything "point by point". You make uninformed blanket statements with no knowledge to back it up about games you've never played and never really looked into like Vendetta.
By point by point I mean I debate/discuss each of your points in turn...sometimes with good(imo) points that you summarily throw aside to call them all dumb(talk about blanket statements).

Also your own data often is limited and doesn't necessarily reflect the gog user base well enough to be of much use by itself, yet you tout it all the time.

RWarehall: How much you've tried to defend that game when you clearly know nothing about it...a buggy mess of a game with numerous flaws outside of the bad plot and horrible voice acting.
Which could be fixed, and likely don't affect everyone(outside the voice acting).

RWarehall: At least Grimoire appears to be a functional game. Some complaints about slow loading at times, had some quest bugs, but even games like Witcher 3 have some of those still.
Agreed 100%...well said.

RWarehall: The real issue with Grimoire seems to be that while it fits the style of ancient Wizardry games, is the story and plot inspiring at all? All I seem to hear about is all the "content", but not much talk at all of the "quality" of that content.
Good points, but what should matter more(to gog) is how many copies they sell and how much they make....most other concerns should be secondary for a business(with some exceptions)
takezodunmer2005: You are required to be online in order to install it, ie: DRM, plus you cannot play any game when it is flagged for an update, unlike with GoG where you can install offline, and continue playing it even if an update is flagged!
richlind33: What that person describes technically constitutes an installation.
I specifically mentioned that you have to be online for the installation of the game which is DRM; GoG allows you the offline Installers, steam does not, which is why it's DRM and GoG is not; sure you can play/transfer the installed game without steam's client, but you still have to install the game online in order to be able to play/transfer it.

It doesn't matter if it's "technically" an installation as you STILL need to do the initial install online!
Post edited December 14, 2019 by takezodunmer2005
low rated
takezodunmer2005: It doesn't matter if it's "technically" an installation as you STILL need to do the initial install online!
It matters somewhat as it is one of the few games steam sells that one can play without steam. :)

Also most people kinda have to be online to use gog, so beyond making a steam account to DL/install the game there is less difference once the files are installed/moved.
low rated
dgnfly: ...since I didn't claim to tell what is better or not I just said what I think is better.
MarkoH01: Well, then maybe you should learn your language. Stating that something is good or better is not the same as stating that it is your opinion or that you think that's the case. That exactly is the difference between objective and subjective. If you don't believe me look it up - I am sure it's somewhere in wikipedia.

Yes, I know I wanted to leave this but I could not let this comment stand here without correcting it.
I always make certain things unclear so people like you get offended and need to defend something trivial. I also do it to get a response from people. in general, I'm harder to offend and don't worry as much as what a person feels is a bad or good game cause I stand for choice not whether it's good or bad. Gotta love it when people get triggered over trivial things.