It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Into the spirit of things.

Goetia is now available DRM-free at 60% off until February 15, 2PM UTC.

[i]This is the tale of little Abigail.
40 years ago she passed away
But now her spirit must find a way
To solve the puzzles, unlock all doors
Unearth the secrets, that haunt these halls
For evil now lurks in Blackwood Manor
Her family's gone, and so's the glamor
Will you give help to a lonely ghost?
Or is her sad story truly lost? [/i]

Feeling spooked yet? If not, treat yourself to some nightmare fuel by visiting our Horror Show sale, where all attractions are up to 90% off until February 13, 11PM UTC. Screams not included.
Post edited February 09, 2018 by maladr0Id
high rated
Vythonaut: As for the game, it looks interesting and i like the setting and the premise, but somehow i feel i've already played it; there must be some other game with similar gameplay, but i can't recall it.
Whispering Willows, maybe? Goetia has always reminded me of that one.

EDIT: New twist! The publisher is now "Square Enix / Forever Entertainment S. A.". xD
Post edited February 08, 2018 by muntdefems
fronzelneekburm: Publisher: Squeenix

WUT?!?!? Can we, like, get some more Square Enix titles here now? Hitman Blood Money, Kane & Lynch series, Mini Ninjas, several Tomb Raiders....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cgbZqR2AGI

;)

The game is co-published? Nightdive and Retroism have done this on Steam. I wonder why Squeenix would even want to co-publish if it is too hard to release here on GOG because of DRM-free.
Post edited February 08, 2018 by tfishell
muntdefems: Whispering Willows, maybe? Goetia has always reminded me of that one.
Nope, but that one reminds me of Blackwell. :P
This one looks interesting. After Knock Knock and The Last Door I believe such products may provide great entertainment.

By the way - is that Horror Sale some kind of detoxification for upcoming Valentines? ;)
muntdefems: Whispering Willows, maybe? Goetia has always reminded me of that one.
Vythonaut: Nope, but that one reminds me of Blackwell. :P
That ghost in a hat! Totally Joey.
Great that this game is finally here on GOG.com!
Nice sale. Bad Mojo and Shadow Man are (atypical) must-haves.

Limbo would fit into this sale, too.
Just want to point out Square Enix Europe re-Tweeted GoG's announcement

https://twitter.com/SQUARE_ENIX_EU

So there is some official Square-Enix backing here.

Of course I'm being massively optimistic and setting myself up for crushing disappointment, but I'm hopeful we'll see more Square Enix games.
So the game is co-published because Square Enix wants a share of the profits but doesn't want to handle the updates of the game, or something? :P I wonder how this works.

mechmouse: ...
Thanks for the heads-up. Yeah don't get your hopes up but making our voices heard is a good thing to do. ;) What DRM-free games specifically were scrubbed from your SE account?
Post edited February 08, 2018 by tfishell
that's a really awful poem, hopefully the writing in the game isn't like that (but with completely bad non-creative names like Blackwood and Blackmoor, I don't have much hope)

looks like the game could be good, looks like it could suck
tfishell: So the game is co-published because Square Enix wants a share of the profits but doesn't want to handle the updates of the game, or something? :P I wonder how this works.

mechmouse: ...
tfishell: Thanks for the heads-up. Yeah don't get your hopes up but making our voices heard is a good thing to do. ;) What DRM-free games specifically were scrubbed from your SE account?
Tomb Raiders Legend, Underworld and Anniversary . All where sold DRM free direct from Square Store... then pulled (and purged from peoples accounts) about 2 years back with no warning.
high rated
drealmer7: that's a really awful poem, hopefully the writing in the game isn't like that (but with completely bad non-creative names like Blackwood and Blackmoor, I don't have much hope)
:(

For what it's worth, though, this was not written by anyone involved with the game.
I personally, loved the poem.

It was a nice little piece of creative art that made me smile.

Good job, whoever did it :)
drealmer7: that's a really awful poem, hopefully the writing in the game isn't like that (but with completely bad non-creative names like Blackwood and Blackmoor, I don't have much hope)
maladr0Id: :(

For what it's worth, though, this was not written by anyone involved with the game.
thanks! good to know

I gave you a + maybe it will turn your frown upside down (hey, I'm a writer and brutally harsh critic when it comes to writing)
Post edited February 09, 2018 by drealmer7
Interesting theme and gameplay, Linux version, discount, insta-buy.

drealmer7: (hey, I'm a writer and brutally harsh critic when it comes to writing)
Well, I'm only a reader and alas, I also think that the poem is mediocre at best.

That said, without honest criticism, there is no growth in art. And the poet gets an A for effort.