It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Galactic empires were not built in a day.

<span class="bold">Crusade Expansion Pack</span>, the story of humanity's struggles to rebuild and expand after Earth's security was compromised, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com.

This Crusade is humanity's attempt at reestablishing its foothold in the galaxy, using hostile invasions, subterfuge, or silver-tongued diplomacy. Shape your individual citizens' functions, meet new races and use the Builder to make your custom-made civilization from scratch - the new UI and the reworked tech tree will be your allies in this great undertaking.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited May 05, 2017 by maladr0Id
Sorry for the strong words but it feels like it was lovelessly shat into the store; which is sad because (regardless of the confusing amount of DLC madness) GC3 is a good game.

Here we have an x-pack/big DLC for it; most likely with a big amount of patches & tweaks (sometimes additions) for the base game as well; priced for 20 bucks (+/- a few depending on region; mine is 21,15 $). Pressed into the store as if its something creators/sellers want to forget it before it was even released.

Why should I get it in good conscience if not even the ppl selling it (dunno if Stardock or gog is to blame here) either don't even bother to have platform fitting text or don't bother to have someone explaining how something like Steam WS with a gog game is planned to work.

Not even the patchnotes in Galaxy gets updated. Its patched to 2.1 but the notes are still at 1.90. (edit: And the game itself says its 2.0 in the starting menu)

I was not that strongly interested in GC3 DLCs anymore to begin with. I read into them and X-Packs are usually something I do consider but seriously; why should I care if not even they care? :(
Post edited May 06, 2017 by anothername
I followed the development of crusade on the stardock forums. As I understand this expansion is less about new features and more about a complete overhaul of the core mechanics in a very positive way. But while I'm very exited about what they've done, I'm certainly not paying another 20 bucks to get that game into a state it should have had on release. Maybe at 50% discount. Maybe...
Post edited May 06, 2017 by hmcpretender
PSA: There is no Steamworks connectivity with this version of the game. The store description must just be a copy and paste and needs to be edited. So far I have not seen any way to share or upload civilizations to Galaxy nor do I expect to see that in the future.
hmcpretender: ...this expansion is less about new features and more about a complete overhaul of the core mechanics...
I have the feeling that's very similar to what in the good old days was called a patch.

Anyway, at some point if ever they offer all the patches (DLCs) in one bundle for a decent price I might buy them, if I haven't forgotten about the game by then.
Post edited May 08, 2017 by Trilarion
hmcpretender: ...this expansion is less about new features and more about a complete overhaul of the core mechanics...
Trilarion: I have the feeling that's very similar to what in the good old days was called a patch.
With 1.5 GB probably to big for a patch in the good old days™ ;)
Just avoid ( don't purchase ) any games that were made / released by Stardock . There are better games in the Gog catalog .
Meh, maybe once it's a few quid at most....bring on the sale.
Painted_Doll: Just avoid ( don't purchase ) any games that were made / released by Stardock . There are better games in the Gog catalog .
Sins of a Solar Empire is great though.
Actually Crusade brings in a lot of improvements to the game and it is well worth playing now.
Trilarion: I have the feeling that's very similar to what in the good old days was called a patch.
hmcpretender: With 1.5 GB probably to big for a patch in the good old days™ ;)
Only a mere 1042 HD floppy disks. Good luck with not wearing out your A: drive.
Patch is out for Crusade what is the ETA for it to get to GoG?
Patch 2.2 is out - any eta for GoG version of the patch?
Look GoG, I would much prefer to give you my money than Steam. But for new releases (like Crusade) you are way slow on the necessary patching. Steam put out the latest patch on June 1. It is now June 6 and GoG still hasn't released the latest patch.