It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looking for Adventure and whatever comes our way.

<span class="bold">Full Throttle Remastered</span>, the bombastic return of the heavy-metal point & click legend, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

When the Polecats hit the road, they're indestructible. No one can stop them. But they try.
Now the gang has gotten into some serious trouble, and it's up to their stoic leader Ben to outrun explosions, rough up some tough guys, and lay waste to a bunch of mechanical bunnies.

The launch discount will last for one week until April 25, 7:00 AM UTC.

Air-guitar to the trailer.
Post edited April 19, 2017 by maladr0Id
fables22: We don't have an ETA, unfortunately. Sorry :(
meleemonkey: I see you have now removed the Mac details from the game's store page. It seems pretty dodgy that you would list the game as being available on Mac when pre-orders were available, but you remove those details upon release. I understand that GOG doesn't have control over the release date, but the pre-order page should have made clear that it was only for the Windows version. Instead you baited Mac users into pre-ordering a product that would not be available on the advertised date.
It was mentioned by a moderator on the original Full Throttle Remastered announcement thread that Mac users who pre-ordered could get a refund. I'm considering it, since I've now bought the PS4 version and have no way to play PC games now LiquidSky have (temporarily?) discontinued their Mac client.
meleemonkey: I see you have now removed the Mac details from the game's store page. It seems pretty dodgy that you would list the game as being available on Mac when pre-orders were available, but you remove those details upon release. I understand that GOG doesn't have control over the release date, but the pre-order page should have made clear that it was only for the Windows version. Instead you baited Mac users into pre-ordering a product that would not be available on the advertised date.
The preorder page clearly stated that Mac and Linux versions would be available "at a later date". Since that was a preorder with the word PREORDER in the product title, as in, for people who are okay with waiting, it was logical and ethical to keep the game tagged as Win / Mac / Linux so users who sort the catalogue by system could see it.

Now that the game is released, the page advertizes a finished product and the people interested in it expect to play it right after purchase, it's not okay to tease Mac / Linux only to cockblock with "haha Soon [tm], keep waiting".

I play on Linux and of course I'm disappointed that I don't yet get the superior version I was hyped about, but I think GOG did right by me.
(Double Fine did right by me, too. If I'm going to get Linux in May anyway, it better be debugged with the help of Windows users.)
Starmaker: The preorder page clearly stated that Mac and Linux versions would be available "at a later date". Since that was a preorder with the word PREORDER in the product title, as in, for people who are okay with waiting, it was logical and ethical to keep the game tagged as Win / Mac / Linux so users who sort the catalogue by system could see it.

Now that the game is released, the page advertizes a finished product and the people interested in it expect to play it right after purchase, it's not okay to tease Mac / Linux only to cockblock with "haha Soon [tm], keep waiting".

I play on Linux and of course I'm disappointed that I don't yet get the superior version I was hyped about, but I think GOG did right by me.
(Double Fine did right by me, too. If I'm going to get Linux in May anyway, it better be debugged with the help of Windows users.)
Well so far the remastered version is great, I hope the Linux version hits you as soon as possible!
As someone who has spent years on game forums and news sites, reading endless posts proclaiming the desire for having the great point-and-click games come to modern systems (Grim Fandango, Maniac Mansion 2, Last Guest, and now this), what other major titles remain? Are there any more remakes that we could expect from the people at Double Fine?

Personally, I'm still pining for Discworld Noir and Mysts 3 and 4, but what does the community want?
When i'm on the road i'm indestructible.

No one can stop me.

But they try...

YEAH!!

I know what i'm playing this afternoon ;)
Post edited April 18, 2017 by armitom
Lord_Kane: Well so far the remastered version is great, I hope the Linux version hits you as soon as possible!
It runs fine with wine, have not encounter any problem yet.
Starmaker: The preorder page clearly stated that Mac and Linux versions would be available "at a later date". Since that was a preorder with the word PREORDER in the product title, as in, for people who are okay with waiting, it was logical and ethical to keep the game tagged as Win / Mac / Linux so users who sort the catalogue by system could see it.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't recall the pre-order page stating that, but I may just not have read the whole page. I didn't really see any reason to read the game description considering I already knew all about the game, but I suppose I'll have to be more careful in future, if critical information about compatibility is included there.

I am a bit concerned that any reference to the Mac or Linux versions has now been completely removed, even the "at a later date". Did you just pick May as an example, or have you heard that May is when the Linux version is actually due?
Post edited April 18, 2017 by meleemonkey
Does it contain original version?
RottenRotz: Does it contain original version?
Unfortunately it does not, you can switch between the new and old artwork, but it sadly does not contain the DOS version (as I was kinda hoping it did) but if that is a deal breaker for you, I would not purchase it.
I would only buy the original version, I could maybe get a remake for 1,50 € max.
What I'm talking aboit? I'm gonna get this in an bundle without even wanting it for 1 € in a few months and probably never install it. I just don't get what sence there is in these remakes.
I'd rather get The Cave and waiting for Psychonauts 2, I expect it to be coming here as I have enjoyed the first lots back then.
Post edited April 18, 2017 by Dogmaus
You can switch between remastered and original version any time.
I *guess* original files could be extracted.
Post edited April 18, 2017 by kbnrylaec
Lord_Kane: Unfortunately it does not, you can switch between the new and old artwork, but it sadly does not contain the DOS version (as I was kinda hoping it did) but if that is a deal breaker for you, I would not purchase it.
Thanks for reply.Its not a deal breaker,but i would be kinda nice to have both versions on separate installers
CENSORED BY GOG
Post edited July 24, 2017 by Serren
did they re-record the music and update the SFX, or did they just remaster the graphics?

if they re-recorded music and SFX, when switching to the original, do you get those originals as well, or just the graphics?
Lord_Kane: Unfortunately it does not, you can switch between the new and old artwork, but it sadly does not contain the DOS version (as I was kinda hoping it did) but if that is a deal breaker for you, I would not purchase it.
RottenRotz: Thanks for reply.Its not a deal breaker,but i would be kinda nice to have both versions on separate installers
Agreed, would be nice.

drealmer7: did they re-record the music and update the SFX, or did they just remaster the graphics?

if they re-recorded music and SFX, when switching to the original, do you get those originals as well, or just the graphics?
The art has been redone, the music and all sfx are re-recorded from the originals, all voice work is still the original voice work that was derived from these originals. (as far I as I have read/seen in information about the remaster)