It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When the snows fall, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

**UPDATE**: Attention all photogenic rulers: patch 1.3.3 is now live and it brings a robust Photo Mode to capture the misfortune of your freezing citizens in stunning detail! This update also includes other features, like randomized weather in the Endless Mode, a new building, option to play in Italian, Korean and Japanese, plus a host of smaller fixes and improvements.
To celebrate, the game is now 40% off until February 11th, 6pm UTC.

Frostpunk is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.
The planet has grown cold and humanity is suffering much the same fate. As the ruler of a city where the survivors are staying alive thanks to steampunk technology, you must make the harsh decisions that will ensure your society lives to see another day and eventually venture into the frozen wasteland beyond.

Apart from the main campaign, the game also includes two additional scenarios, The Arks and Refugees, which change the rules and give you a different perspective on this desperate struggle for survival.

Get the Soundtrack for your collection.

In the Press:

- PC Gamer proclaims that "Frostpunk is a stressful, stylish, and addictive survival management game filled with incredibly difficult choices" before awarding it a 89/100.
- Game Informer had a pretty haunting experience: "Rarely does an interactive experience keep me awake at night wrestling with big decisions. Frostpunk did this on multiple occasions" - 8.75/10
- Strategy Gamer concludes that "even at its most frustrating, Frostpunk makes for some of the most rewarding gameplay in the city-building genre" before awarding the game a perfect score.
Would be nice to actually be able to buy the soundtrack without needing the buy the game a second time on GOG's platform after buying in on Steam.
GOG.com: UPDATE: You can now get the game's Soundtrack for your collection. The base game is now 25% off until October 22nd, 10am UTC.
Hey, GOG, I think there is a typo in the filenames in the zip files, or at least how 7zip interprets them. The composer's/artist's name is written as "Piotr Musiaê" whereas the metadata/tags on the flac files has "Piotr Musiał" with that barred L that I've seen in Polish.

I just checked with "Archive Manager" on Linux and that shows some invalid character glyph.

Jfluffy: Would be nice to actually be able to buy the soundtrack without needing the buy the game a second time on GOG's platform after buying in on Steam.
I've said before that soundtracks on GOG must be using some proprietary DRM extension such that it requires the game to decode. (As sort of a joke.)
New All-Time GoG Low (40% off vs. 38% off)
the 50% coupon was given away on steam. waited till the last day, was hoping GOG would have a similar sale, nut no. :( so i picked it up on steam.

game is quite interesting. i like it.

not sure why people (in game) get sick and die at -30C. Here in Canada is the same temperature every day, and we don't get sick and die that quickly. :D

But beside that, awesome game!
I caved and bought this game earlier than my plan had been, but this game looked exciting enough for me not to be able to wait for it to become cheaper as I usually do XD
Had a lot of fun playing it, though I see that it's been updated several times since I downloaded and things seem to have been added. Looking forward to checking out the updates in the future when I have more time! :)
deleted
Post edited February 07, 2019 by AlienMind
Lexor: By looking at Frostpunk's subforums it seems that there are quite a lot of technical problems - users needs to manually install some unspecified Windows Updates to run this game.
I haven't had any tech issues in my playthroughs (note the plural) of Frostpunk. Didn't need to patch the game or do updates to Windows, drivers, et al.

I'm not doubting that some folks have run into tech snags but it's been all smooth sailing for me.
I mention this mostly because I'd bet the the folks like myself who have had no trouble don't have much cause to post about it in the game forum.

Cheers :)
reative00: Jesus christ, end-game is an absolute click-fest.
People are dying left and right (for me at least, but judging by a number of people I have overall this is expected effect), so you have to pause-assign worker-unpause.
Annoying as hell.
scgames: Haha, yeah. 400/500 of my citizens perished end game, but at least the city survived...
Yeah my first play I went from over 400 to around 8 people... needless to say mistakes were made.
Things went better the next time though lol
Post edited February 07, 2019 by RoseLegion
high rated
Please GOG, tell your marketing people or whoever has decided to show fewer and fewer entries on your news feed that not everyone has the time to visit your site every single day!

At the moment the oldest entry on your news feed is from yesterday 15:00, so the news feed contains entries from just a bit more than the last 24 hours. When I do not visit your site every day I miss some of your news. And of course, you may lose sales. The news entries should at least be visible for a week. I'm quite sure this won't hurt your server bandwidth too much. ;)
Post edited February 07, 2019 by eiii
eiii: Please GOG, tell your marketing people or whoever has decided to show fewer and fewer entries on your news feed that not everyone has the time to visit your site every single day!

At the moment the oldest entry on your news feed is from yesterday 15:00, so the news feed contains entries from just a bit more than the last 24 hours. When I do not visit your site every day I miss some of your news. And of course, you may lose sales. The news entries should at least be visible for a week. I'm quite sure this won't hurt your server bandwidth too much. ;)
Have you considered using an RSS extension? I'm using RSS Feed Reader, and it lets me know the second a new post is made (and contains a list of the most recent 20+ posts). I preferred the old news format, of course, but there are work arounds that we can use until GOG "fixes" its website again.
falloutttt: not sure why people (in game) get sick and die at -30C. Here in Canada is the same temperature every day, and we don't get sick and die that quickly. :D
Hunger, poor or lack of heating, insufficient housing, work in harsh conditions, diseases. Do you live in a tent near great furnace and do you have to work gathering steel during a snowstorm? I guess not, citizens in Frostpunk do.
falloutttt: not sure why people (in game) get sick and die at -30C. Here in Canada is the same temperature every day, and we don't get sick and die that quickly. :D
zeffyr: Hunger, poor or lack of heating, insufficient housing, work in harsh conditions, diseases. Do you live in a tent near great furnace and do you have to work gathering steel during a snowstorm? I guess not, citizens in Frostpunk do.
I do, the exact same thing you mentioned there. therefor i wonder...

It was a joke. Don't take everything you read seriously. ;)
Post edited February 07, 2019 by falloutttt
Crisco1492: Have you considered using an RSS extension? I'm using RSS Feed Reader, and it lets me know the second a new post is made (and contains a list of the most recent 20+ posts). I preferred the old news format, of course, but there are work arounds that we can use until GOG "fixes" its website again.
Of course you can use an RSS extension or even a news reader. But you still have to connect it to GOG at least once a day or leave it running all the time to not miss any news post when the news are only listed for a day on GOG's RSS feed.
Crisco1492: Have you considered using an RSS extension? I'm using RSS Feed Reader, and it lets me know the second a new post is made (and contains a list of the most recent 20+ posts). I preferred the old news format, of course, but there are work arounds that we can use until GOG "fixes" its website again.
eiii: Of course you can use an RSS extension or even a news reader. But you still have to connect it to GOG at least once a day or leave it running all the time to not miss any news post when the news are only listed for a day on GOG's RSS feed.
It's literally running in the background. Unless your PC is offline most of the time, that's not a big issue.

And besides, last I checked work-arounds are generally called that because they are clunkier and less desirable than actual fixes. We may not be able to change GOG's format, but that doesn't mean we have to miss what we want.