It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When the snows fall, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

**UPDATE**: Attention all photogenic rulers: patch 1.3.3 is now live and it brings a robust Photo Mode to capture the misfortune of your freezing citizens in stunning detail! This update also includes other features, like randomized weather in the Endless Mode, a new building, option to play in Italian, Korean and Japanese, plus a host of smaller fixes and improvements.
To celebrate, the game is now 40% off until February 11th, 6pm UTC.

Frostpunk is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.
The planet has grown cold and humanity is suffering much the same fate. As the ruler of a city where the survivors are staying alive thanks to steampunk technology, you must make the harsh decisions that will ensure your society lives to see another day and eventually venture into the frozen wasteland beyond.

Apart from the main campaign, the game also includes two additional scenarios, The Arks and Refugees, which change the rules and give you a different perspective on this desperate struggle for survival.

Get the Soundtrack for your collection.

In the Press:

- PC Gamer proclaims that "Frostpunk is a stressful, stylish, and addictive survival management game filled with incredibly difficult choices" before awarding it a 89/100.
- Game Informer had a pretty haunting experience: "Rarely does an interactive experience keep me awake at night wrestling with big decisions. Frostpunk did this on multiple occasions" - 8.75/10
- Strategy Gamer concludes that "even at its most frustrating, Frostpunk makes for some of the most rewarding gameplay in the city-building genre" before awarding the game a perfect score.
reative00: snip
Thank you!
I've been playing non-stop since the release and these are some of my findings:

- great aesthetic in the game menus and most of the UI
- great music as well
- framerate is high, no drops
- the building grid needs some improvement. You cannot easily build 'up the road' and have to guess where buildings will align later, thus risking a misplacement and having a bad lay-out later
- I see no way to restart the game. I started off suboptimal but could not start a new game to fix it?
- with above in mind, save often to be able to go back if you screw up
- it's not an easy game! You won't fail right away because of a mistake, but don't expect to do a good job at first either.
- plenty of options with research up to now (I am on day 16)
- not sure what the gameplay time of this game is. I am sure at least a second play through will be fun, but the game overall might be a bit limited. But at least the pricingt matches that.
twifight: - I see no way to restart the game. I started off suboptimal but could not start a new game to fix it?
Wait what?! This is crazy!
twifight: I've been playing non-stop since the release and these are some of my findings:

- great music as well
- the building grid needs some improvement. You cannot easily build 'up the road' and have to guess where buildings will align later, thus risking a misplacement and having a bad lay-out later
- I see no way to restart the game. I started off suboptimal but could not start a new game to fix it?
- it's not an easy game! You won't fail right away because of a mistake, but don't expect to do a good job at first either.
- not sure what the gameplay time of this game is. I am sure at least a second play through will be fun, but the game overall might be a bit limited. But at least the pricingt matches that.
You actually can restart, go to Main Menu > Select Scenario > A New Hope
Post edited April 24, 2018 by pallass_cat
maz.588: Wow, out of the 4 videos, only one barely shows any gameplay.

I personnally have no desire to check if the game is any good when the publisher only hypes it with no actual gameplay.
reative00: Exactly, damn assholes. They should send copies to streamers and reviewers few days and weeks before release to show us actual gameplay. They're hiding something!

Oh wait, that's exactly what they did and you would know it if you'd spend 30 fucking seconds in googling "Frostpunk gameplay", but I guess butthurting on forum is better solution.
Dude right? What the hell with some people? Gameplay videos have been out for weeks.
Not that I don't like the setting or the game (which I will most likely buy at one point), but I hope everyone realizes that nobody would be crazy enough to live in a city on the surface, near an open-air furnace of all things, during an ice age.

Arx Fatalis got the right idea in this case, you'd have to dig hard, dig deep and develop a taste for mushrooms. Sure, you'd still need surface venting, but it's a lot warmer underground - ask any GOGBe... hibernating animal.
twifight: I've been playing non-stop since the release and these are some of my findings:

- great music as well
pallass_cat: You actually can restart, go to Main Menu > Select Scenario > A New Hope
Alternatively you can just delete your old save and restart that way as well.
Insta-buy. First time in a long time I bought a *new* game brand new on release day. In my case I'd probably have to go back to days of Brick-and-mortar stores like "Software Etc." in the local mall for that.

All on the strength of 11 bit and "This War of Mine."

Been slavering over droplets of information and development for months with this one.

Thanks, Obama!

I mean GOG.

Well, hope my laptop can run this one. Pretty steep system requirements for a strategy/indie game. However, I ordered a new GFX card in the mail for my desktop just for this title, so one way or another, I'm getting chilled to the bone.
By looking at Frostpunk's subforums it seems that there are quite a lot of technical problems - users needs to manually install some unspecified Windows Updates to run this game.
Jesus christ, end-game is an absolute click-fest.
People are dying left and right (for me at least, but judging by a number of people I have overall this is expected effect), so you have to pause-assign worker-unpause.
Annoying as hell.
reative00: Jesus christ, end-game is an absolute click-fest.
how can you be at end-game when the game just released today? for a $30 game even more so
reative00: Jesus christ, end-game is an absolute click-fest.
drealmer7: how can you be at end-game when the game just released today? for a $30 game even more so
I was playing non-stop since release, which makes it 9th hour right now. Third attempt.
Also, failed this end-game part. Also, you have three-speed settings; for the most part, I was doing fastest one.
Also, there are another two scenarios (I've unlocked one of them, but I haven't tried it yet so I can't say how long it's going to be).
maz.588: Wow, out of the 4 videos, only one barely shows any gameplay.
This. I get really tired of videos that just show slowly-circling some element of the game, then fade to black, then fade in another one, circle around, fade to black. Show us how the game plays! I mean, if you're going to go to the trouble to create MULTIPLE videos of your game, why the HECK would you not include at least one that was chock full of gameplay?

I remember back in the 90s there was a game I saw on the shelf that looked really cool! It had a big female sorceress on the front cover, lightning shooting out of her... everywhere, it looked like the coolest game ever! It turned out to be... a checkers-like game.
reative00: Exactly, damn assholes. They should send copies to streamers and reviewers few days and weeks before release to show us actual gameplay. They're hiding something!

Oh wait, that's exactly what they did and you would know it if you'd spend 30 fucking seconds in googling "Frostpunk gameplay", but I guess butthurting on forum is better solution.
Roulain: Dude right? What the hell with some people? Gameplay videos have been out for weeks.
More fun to point out the bad then look for the good. I have just started to watch one of the videos that was linked before I pay a little over $30 to see if I like it.
Just finished. Exhausted as fuck. Achievements broken atm. Will post more after 10 hours. Good luck everyone!