It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gone with the wind.

Flower is now available DRM-free.

In the oppressive, loud greyness of the city, nobody has time to stop and smell the flowers.
But their life-giving force is still there, patiently waiting for a chance to erupt.

All it takes is a simple petal carried by a gust of wind, gradually growing into a wave that transforms everything it touches. Become that wind, blow through serene landscapes, and watch them blossom in this reflective work of interactive art from the creators of Journey.
misteryo: What are you talking about? Flower was not delayed, and it was not a kickstarter title. Am I misunderstanding you?
It's his/her take on a "what if" scenario.
misteryo: What are you talking about? Flower was not delayed, and it was not a kickstarter title. Am I misunderstanding you?
Peter was the first person I thought of when I read the synopsis and saw the trailer plus...it was a joke...
toxicTom: Bought. Please add Flow too, if possible.
Isn't Flow already free?
So... I've played this a bit - and then the kids wrestled the controller from me and were a "Ah" and "Oh" and "How beautiful"... :-)

Great relaxing and tranquil experience.
LootHunter: Isn't Flow already free?
Yes, this basic Flash version. I guess the extended and enhanced PS version was never ported back to PC though.
Post edited February 17, 2019 by toxicTom
5.69 is a very odd price tag... What happened to the other 30 cent?

Well I finally will be able to get to experience this piece of gaming history. One of the go-to arguments for people to point to whenever "are videogames art?" discussions came up.
A sweet little experience for 2-3 hours. Not much of a game though. Basically you are running through fields of wheat like Theresa May on speed.

The only problem I found: The language cannot be switched in-game. There is an option in the settings, but it just says "System Default" and cannot be changed.
high rated
ChrisSZ: The only problem I found: The language cannot be switched in-game. There is an option in the settings, but it just says "System Default" and cannot be changed.
To clarify, changing the language is possible - once in options, choose Language and use arrow keys (← and →) on your keyboard in order to change the language. After that just press Esc and apply the changes :)
ChrisSZ: The only problem I found: The language cannot be switched in-game. There is an option in the settings, but it just says "System Default" and cannot be changed.
St.Ross: To clarify, changing the language is possible - once in options, choose Language and use arrow keys (← and →) on your keyboard in order to change the language. After that just press Esc and apply the changes :)
Oh nice, thanks for the info.
I'll wait for thatgamecompany™ to release there other games on GOG Galaxy, namely Journey, but also Flow & maybe Sky, if it comes out. Until then, It'll stay on my wishlist.
Hopefully we get Journey, as that's the crowning achievement of thatgamecompany, but this isn't a bad start.
ChrisSZ: A sweet little experience for 2-3 hours. Not much of a game though. Basically you are running through fields of wheat like Theresa May on speed.
Wait until you reach the industrial area...
ChrisSZ: A sweet little experience for 2-3 hours. Not much of a game though. Basically you are running through fields of wheat like Theresa May on speed.
toxicTom: Wait until you reach the industrial area...
I've already played through the full game once. Then uninstalled. Then regretted that I uninstalled it. Therefore I installed it again yesterday and will start a new play-through tonight. It is very relaxing, and just flying around through the fields or the white "light bulbs" can be quite meditative.

My progress had been restored after the re-installation, and I haven't found any way in-game to start a new game or reset the progress. Therefore I had to manually browse to the User folder in the Windows Explorer and delete the save state from there. For the casual user that might be difficult, I wish there were an option in-game. But maybe I just overlooked it like the language selector. ;-)

(I'm aware that all levels can be separately selected even after the game is beaten. But imho that does not really replace a real "new game" function.)
Post edited February 19, 2019 by ChrisSZ
CMOT70: Which is why I'd like to confirm that Flower does not have the same type of multiplayer.
Hastur-: Flower is single-player only.
I wonder how one even WOULD make this a multiplayer game...
I just found out that Journey is getting a STEAM release on June 11th. I'm really looking forward to playing Journey on GOG around that time, Annapurna Interactive! ;)