It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mean face: ACTIVATE!

Fight'N Rage is now available DRM-free. Get it 50% off until January 17th, 2PM UTC.

Got itchy knuckles and a thunderous high kick (it's a serious condition, folks) but the local Arcade shut down fifteen years ago? Treat yourself with this old-school beat 'em up for up to three players! Spectacular combos, tasty unlockables, plenty of playable characters and modes, unreal amounts of butt-kicking.
Thanks, Kaaedus & Rixasha!

Lucumo: What shaking are you referring to?
The way the entire stage shakes, as if a very powerful earthquake occurs almost every time an attack makes contact, or any knocked-down enemy hits the ground.
A little bit of screenshake is fine in moderation, but in this game it's way too much. I just find it quite distracting, annoying, and probably a little headache-inducing. :(
So, is GOG still releasing any old games, or not? It's hard to tell, because the new store page is very much useless.
keeveek: So, is GOG still releasing any old games, or not? It's hard to tell, because the new store page is very much useless.
Occasionally. Bioshock 1 and 2 during the Christmas sale (eh, 10 years is pretty old by VG standards), Jill of the Jungle in early November, Call of Juarez during the Polish sale, Soldier of Fortune series and Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine during the anniversary sale. That's an average of, what... one a month? Probably some I missed.
Argh, I feel a bit annoyed - so far loading was working fine (just needed to choose the same character and level difficulty and it was offering to continue game), but by some reason, two days ago, it didn't work and now I need to start from the very beginning, argh.

I wish there could be some option like "continue" or "level selection", instead of pushing everything just into arcade mode button (in fact I was initially convinced that there is no save game at all).

I've got additional coins and beaten "types" of enemies, but still, I was just at the end and now need to go once again... Sigh..
MartiusR: Argh, I feel a bit annoyed - so far loading was working fine (just needed to choose the same character and level difficulty and it was offering to continue game), but by some reason, two days ago, it didn't work and now I need to start from the very beginning, argh.
Hm, two days ago the update/bugfix hit. Maybe it made the save incompatible?
MartiusR: Argh, I feel a bit annoyed - so far loading was working fine (just needed to choose the same character and level difficulty and it was offering to continue game), but by some reason, two days ago, it didn't work and now I need to start from the very beginning, argh.
Lucumo: Hm, two days ago the update/bugfix hit. Maybe it made the save incompatible?
I didn't update the game (don't have installed galaxy and didn't install any patch manually), so I'm guessing that it was something with game "in general".

Probably the fact, that I've exit the game in the moment when've lost first life (not all, just the one).
Lucumo: Hm, two days ago the update/bugfix hit. Maybe it made the save incompatible?
MartiusR: I didn't update the game (don't have installed galaxy and didn't install any patch manually), so I'm guessing that it was something with game "in general".

Probably the fact, that I've exit the game in the moment when've lost first life (not all, just the one).
Oh, ok. Considering it only happened once, it also can't be your Antivirus, as is described in another thread.

Might be. Since I've never saved/loaded, I can't even compare.

/edit: Or you might have selected a different difficulty by accident?

Lucumo: The only thing that could have been done better is increasing the fighting stage when opponents are around. There often isn't much space to move around and enemies like to walk out of punch-/kickable territory at times. Additionally, while I'm not sure if the same enemies always drop health...if you punch/throw them out of bounds, it's impossible to pick those up.
(Died three times on those flies + bat boss already. Bat boss flying above the water and easily dodging any attempts to hit it makes it so hard. The knockback also hurts because you will pretty much always fall into the water which means 1/3 of your health is gone. And well, I'm going 1CC or bust, so I've never made it past it so far.)
BlueOctavo: Ah, thanks for the warning about out of bounds pickups and the small stages. Like you, I'll be going for a 1CC, probably trying out F.Norris first (I tend to prefer the agile/ fragile character).
Got my 1CC (Gal - Ending B) in the meantime by the way (with 3 full lives left, 4 if count the extra one via points at the very end). Just wish I was able to play the game more but the PS2 dpad does make my thumb hurt after two pretty much complete runs.

/edit2: Once you 1CC, the game definitely becomes easier. Only 1CC'ed since and just finished my last run (normal) with 9 lives left.
Post edited January 17, 2019 by Lucumo