It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Baby, don't fear the --WHAT IS THAT?!

UPDATE: Go for the Collector's Edition to get the game's soundtrack and Artbook.

Fear Effect Sedna is now available, 10% off until March 13, 5PM UTC.
Can you handle the pressure? The more Fear your special operatives accumulate, the more their combat abilities and chances of injury are affected. Use stealth, tactics, and direct confrontation in real time to further a fascinating story that blends the futuristic with the occult.
The video felt weird. The action paced music does not at all fit what we see in it. Also, and I do not want to sound rude but how can a game that looks like this require 8 GB Ram, i5-7200U, and GTX 950M.

PS: If Dungeon Siege comes here, I might make an exception for my "pausing buying anything until NWN:EE is out and permanently stop buying if NWN disappears from the store" decision.
This would be right up my alley if the combat have been turn-based; just saw the trailer, and even though i generally don't say no to real-time games, i found the combat gameplay uninteresting at best and the low review score doesn't help either; too bad because it looks nice and certainly carries a Shadowrun vibe from what i can see.
guppy44: I haven't played Fear Effect since the PlayStation 1 days, but I remember really liking the original.
A couple of years ago i found the original in a friend's collection, and having good memories of it from the PS days i took it for a spin; the game still holds up today and the graphics look better than other PS games of that period (it helps that i played it on my PSP, where the small 4" screen made the graphics look even better), mainly due to the technology that was used back then; i can't remember anything particular about the sound department (effects & soundtrack) so i can't comment on that, but i do remember the tank controls being a pain at first, until you get used to them. Generally, i found the game more difficult to control than Resident Evil (that also features tank controls, even though it is quite basic since you can't crouch or evade attacks etc -- walking & running is all there is regarding character movement) since it features a lot more action sequences that require swift movement of your character, where RE is a slower paced game due to the nature of the enemies (OK, dogs & crows can be irritating at times).

Tarhiel: Or the recent Deus Exes :)
^^I second that.
This is amazing!

I was looking forward to netting the title, and I didn't think that it would arrive on GOG. Good thanks for bringing it right over here! :D
Post edited March 07, 2018 by Nicole28
I find the graphics interesting, like a mix of Xenonauts and Shadowrun.
Engerek01: The video felt weird. The action paced music does not at all fit what we see in it. Also, and I do not want to sound rude but how can a game that looks like this require 8 GB Ram, i5-7200U, and GTX 950M.

PS: If Dungeon Siege comes here, I might make an exception for my "pausing buying anything until NWN:EE is out and permanently stop buying if NWN disappears from the store" decision.
GOG seems to have the specs wrong http://store.steampowered.com/app/546900/Fear_Effect_Sedna/
Does this game support controllers in Windows? I ask because in Linux/Wine, I see a menu entry for controller config, but it doesn't see my controller. The interface for controller config in general is pretty broken, but that's almost certainly a Wine issue. I won't bother asking if anyone knows if a Linux version will ever be released.

I probably shouldn't have even gotten this, but FE1 was one of my favorite PS2 games (yeah, it's a PS1 game, but I skipped all the consoles between the Atari 2600 and the Dreamcast). I never finished FE2, though, and my understanding of that was obviously flawed, since I'm surprised to see Rain in a sequel. I'm also surprised to see Glas and Deke, but I guess that's because I never got the "best" ending for FE1 (or maybe I just forgot it).
So, after I purchased the vanilla version six days ago, today the collector's edition shows up on GOG. No way to upgrade. What's the deal?

https://www.gog.com/game/fear_effect_sedna_collectors_edition
Post edited March 13, 2018 by Barry_Woodward