It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wage war against the all-powerful Federation in this dynamic FPS enhanced with RPG elements. E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy - Single-Player Edition is now available on GOG.COM and enjoys a 50% discount that will last until 17th November 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
I'm surprised I never heard of this game before. Was I in a dark place in July 2011? Love what I'm seeing in the trailer. It comes across as being "unhinged", a bit like Pathologic. And the comments here are tempting me to buy it. ;) Eager to know what "YoUr LeG iS bRoKeN!" is all about. xD (please, no spoilers!)

Swissy88: They posted the OST for free here.

http://eye.streumon-studio.com/index.php?page=music
Thanks for this! Listened to it just moments ago. Nice soundtrack. :)
Post edited November 12, 2021 by matterbandit
Ancient-Red-Dragon: ...
tfishell: GOG does not have the massive Steam-like userbase, income, etc. to get devs and pubs to bother implementing this, so personally I'm okay with just single-player and buying at a nice discount.

If you desperately want Steam-like features, buy on Steam.

But at this point we'll almost certainly never convince each other to change our opinions. I just hope GOG releases Serious Sam 2 and 3 and Dead Island (at nice initial discounts) even if multiplayer is cut.
Same, never care about multiplayer, and this can't be compared with the Steam version because it's an exclusive GOG version.
matterbandit: I'm surprised I never heard of this game before. Was I in a dark place in July 2011? Love what I'm seeing in the trailer. It comes across as being "unhinged", a bit like Pathologic. And the comments here are tempting me to buy it. ;) Eager to know what "YoUr LeG iS bRoKeN!" is all about. xD (please, no spoilers!)

Swissy88: They posted the OST for free here.

http://eye.streumon-studio.com/index.php?page=music
matterbandit: Thanks for this! Listened to it just moments ago. Nice soundtrack. :)
This game came out just a few months before Human Revolution, when Deus Ex hype was starting a comeback.

It was a completely independent, PC-only release. They had like no marketing, I don't think there was a Steam announcement about it.

You had to be really into the immersive sim scene at the time to know about it, basically. I found out about it from the Human Revolution forums.
matterbandit: I'm surprised I never heard of this game before. Was I in a dark place in July 2011? Love what I'm seeing in the trailer. It comes across as being "unhinged", a bit like Pathologic. And the comments here are tempting me to buy it. ;) Eager to know what "YoUr LeG iS bRoKeN!" is all about. xD (please, no spoilers!)
My legs are OK

Ha-ha, just like you, I never heard of this game before, but I watched MandaloreGaming's review two days ago (posted it a couple of pages back), and it seems that you break your legs quite often in this game. Oh, and you'll learn about Brouzouf too. Watch the upper left corner notifications in the video.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: And at the very least, it should also have Galaxy-only multiplayer, rather than to have its multiplayer functionality be entirely removed, and then GOG customers get sold a gimpy version of the game
DRM in games makes them "gimpy versions". In this example both the Scheme and the GOG version would be "gimpy".

Ancient-Red-Dragon: "Gimped Edition" or "Castrated Edition" or "Feature Removed Edition" or something along those lines which would accurately reflect the fact that it is an incomplete, inferior, parity-lacking version.
Why do you want parity when it comes to DRM? And again it was already a "feature removed edition" before it came here, by lacking LAN without the client to begin with...
wormholewizards: Single player only? Good, at least people won't complaints about DRM & Galaxy.
fronzelneekburm: I don't think people complained about multiplayer requiring Galaxy. They complained about singleplayer content being gated behind a client for no reason. Big difference.
Well, I complain about multiplayer requiring Galaxy. I come here for DRM-free gaming, not for online client requirements to play modes in games that are perfectly possible to have in DRM-free forms if not for what is, frankly, anti-consumer design. The difference between something like a Galaxy requirement for multiplayer and the Hitman Lame of the Year "You Must Be Logged In" edition is a difference in degree, not a difference in kind.
Post edited November 13, 2021 by rjbuffchix
kud13: It was a completely independent, PC-only release. They had like no marketing, I don't think there was a Steam announcement about it. You had to be really into the immersive sim scene at the time to know about it, basically. I found out about it from the Human Revolution forums.
Thx for this insightful piece of context! :)

ariaspi: ...and it seems that you break your legs quite often in this game. Oh, and you'll learn about Brouzouf too. Watch the upper left corner notifications in the video.
LOL! I get the meme now. xD
Post edited November 13, 2021 by matterbandit
wormholewizards: Single player only? Good, at least people won't complaints about DRM & Galaxy.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Sure they will, and rightly so. I and others already have lodged such complaints earlier in this thread.

This game should be having Galaxy Achievements just like it also has Steam Achievements.

And at the very least, it should also have Galaxy-only multiplayer, rather than to have its multiplayer functionality be entirely removed, and then GOG customers get sold a gimpy version of the game, spin-doctored as if it being gimped for GOG is a "good thing," by misleadingly attempting to frame the gimping in a positive light by calling it "Single-Player Edition," rather than "Gimped Edition" or "Castrated Edition" or "Feature Removed Edition" or something along those lines which would accurately reflect the fact that it is an incomplete, inferior, parity-lacking version.
The problem is from a design standpoint & part. Developers don't build Achievements/Trophies directly into an offline manner in the actual game engine, offline profiles, and/or offline game portion's itself.

I remember when Achievements weren't a common thing on PC - yet Divinity 2 has it right built into the game itself.

If it was done in that way - then when a player isn't on Steamworks or Galaxy, at least I could still Achieve something, no matter if I bought the game on GOG, Steam or any other proprietary system.

Instead, they use proprietary services like Steamworks for Steam Achievements and GOG Galaxy for Galaxy Achievements out-the-gate, instead of within the game/engine for offline profiles first.

I think they should do it differently and build it into the game and engine first; at least it's there, no matter where you buy the game. Then if they do want to support Steam Achievements and/or GOG Achievements - let the game maybe upload your in-game Achievements when you've got the game menu paused; you initialize for the game to share your Offline Achievements to the online GOG or Steam Achievements system; and/or something of that sort.

About the MP - I think from the get-go, this is why dev's should have Real LAN Support out-the-box. So if say Galaxy goes away, Steam goes away, or whatever - yep, LAN's still there as an option.

MysterD: About the PvP - this is why games with skirmish-style competitive modes over maps should have offline support for maps and bots/AI.

The PvP stuff and content just wouldn't go entirely to waste, if this stuff was actually made to work also offline and also had real LAN/TP-ICP support.

Just let the player decide if they want to play online w/ others or offline with bots - you know, like Q3A does. It's a shame when games like say the COD's that come out every year later go to the graveyard b/c the new game's out and nobody's playing the old stuff. It's why we need more TP-ICP support added later for skirmish modes and also offline skirmish mode support, for when a game's MP goes dead - as players can still enjoy that content even w/ bots if nobody else is playing it online.

I'd love to have seen say BioShock 2 get that competitive MP mode made to work offline with bots.
The_Gypsy: Publishers like Activision surely see any sort of offline or self-hosted MP options as a threat to their business model. Most developers don't seem to care about the longevity of their games anymore either. I'm content with older games but it's a shame to see things going this way when there's the occasional new title of interest.
Of course they do fear that - as they want to monetize everything...such as MTX's (MicroTransactions) for XP boosts; players buying MTX's for skins/outfits/etc; sell players skins; sell players DLC's and/or Expansions/Battle Passes; and/or whatever else.

Same goes for SDK's too - they don't put them out b/c they want to monetize the game w/ MP map packs; MP modes; and things of that sort. They don't want the Mod Community to over-shadow what they might or might not do for Extra Content to monetize.
Post edited November 13, 2021 by MysterD
ariaspi: Ha-ha, just like you, I never heard of this game before, but I watched MandaloreGaming's review two days ago (posted it a couple of pages back), and it seems that you break your legs quite often in this game. Oh, and you'll learn about Brouzouf too. Watch the upper left corner notifications in the video.
Thanks for the link. Looks like the pinnacle of Eurojank. Could be fun.
ariaspi: Ha-ha, just like you, I never heard of this game before, but I watched MandaloreGaming's review two days ago (posted it a couple of pages back), and it seems that you break your legs quite often in this game. Oh, and you'll learn about Brouzouf too. Watch the upper left corner notifications in the video.
Mr.Mumbles: Thanks for the link. Looks like the pinnacle of Eurojank. Could be fun.
Yup, it's an absolutely magical eurojank immersive sim, with both the spirit of the surreal French games of the 90s (like Coktel Vision's Inca or Cryo's Commander Blood) and eastern european FPS games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R,, You Are Empty etc., all enclosed within an off-brand Warhammer 40K world (no surprise that the studio eventually got to make official WH40K games).
Wow, King of EuroJank, DRM-free <3

Wonderful release.