It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wage war against the all-powerful Federation in this dynamic FPS enhanced with RPG elements. E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy - Single-Player Edition is now available on GOG.COM and enjoys a 50% discount that will last until 17th November 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
low rated
Releases like this should be commended for stripping out DRMed elements; this is vastly preferred to having Galaxy-only multiplayer. More of this and less "Hitman Lame of the Year:You Must Be Logged In edition"s, please.

That said, it is such embarrassing design that we can't just have LAN. Seriously, I am embarrassed for the developers. But this is what happens when everyone just lazes out and uses Scheme framework for everything.
Dogmaus: What leaves me more perplexed is the remotion of the French language?!
soosgjr: Does the Steam version have any French voice acting in it or just fake gibberish as in the English version? Depending on how their original contracts were worded for that kind of stuff, they might simply not have the rights to offer those assets through a store other than Steam.
it's a French game and has French text on Steam. And reviews from 2011 mention the really bad English translation. So it's weird to me that they got rid of the only decent text, the original French one. As for voice acting, I don't think there is any. I have never played this game.
Swissy88: They posted the OST for free here.

http://eye.streumon-studio.com/index.php?page=music
that'd make a great goodie. thanks
Post edited November 11, 2021 by tfishell
IronArcturus: But I've read that the older version had some saving issues on Win10. Was that fixed in the GOG version?
In theory it shouldn't cause any problems when saving. In the GOG version the title library is not installed inside the Program Files folder, but outside in C:\ and inside the GOG folder. In case of a problem (which I don't think it will) just give Administrator privileges to the *.EXE file of the video game executable under Windows 7 compatibility. In my case, I haven't tried it yet because I haven't come home to play. I hope to do so soon and do a brief review as soon as I can.

Edit. -

In any case, the same web page you mention gives a solution to the problem of saving. So I don't see much of a problem. Just follow the steps indicated on the website.
Post edited November 11, 2021 by UCrest
Finally another decent "classic" i actually recognise. Decent game.. Yet another person who had/played it elsewhere :D
Not sure why they disabled the LAN options, we got two clients connected just fine using the standard Source Engine console commands. They also seem to have included some dedicated server batch files in the installer. Maybe it's too unstable or finicky to be marketed as a selling point?

soosgjr: Does the Steam version have any French voice acting in it or just fake gibberish as in the English version? Depending on how their original contracts were worded for that kind of stuff, they might simply not have the rights to offer those assets through a store other than Steam.
Dogmaus: it's a French game and has French text on Steam. And reviews from 2011 mention the really bad English translation. So it's weird to me that they got rid of the only decent text, the original French one. As for voice acting, I don't think there is any. I have never played this game.
Yeah, if it's text-only that would be indeed weird, doubt that they would outsource something like that in their native language.
soosgjr: Not sure why they disabled the LAN options, we got two clients connected just fine using the standard Source Engine console commands. They also seem to have included some dedicated server batch files in the installer. Maybe it's too unstable or finicky to be marketed as a selling point?
I hope that means there's a chance that GOG will patch the LAN back in.
I understand not having online multiplayer, but I'd like to have LAN in the game before I buy it.
high rated
Can't wait to gain brouzouf!
Post edited November 11, 2021 by DreamedArtist
Good thing, mutltiplayer in eye has always been terrible so no loss.
The whole "Single-Player Edition" thing brings back bad memories of Armello "DRM-free edition". Was this game mostly single-player focused to begin with?
Single player only? Good, at least people won't complaints about DRM & Galaxy.
Just play it.
Attachments:
low rated
DreamedArtist: Can't wait to gain brouzouf!
Keep your expressions à 20 balles pour toi, mec.
DreamedArtist: Can't wait to gain brouzouf!
kmanitou: Keep your expressions à 20 balles pour toi, mec.
I invite you to think before insulting others. What he's talking about is in-game currency. Thanks in advance.
ettac orrazib si eman ym: The whole "Single-Player Edition" thing brings back bad memories of Armello "DRM-free edition". Was this game mostly single-player focused to begin with?
I think the bad memories were more about the devs insulting GOG users than for the game. For the series: hire some PR if you are a game nerd who can't deal with people irl.