It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wage war against the all-powerful Federation in this dynamic FPS enhanced with RPG elements. E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy - Single-Player Edition is now available on GOG.COM and enjoys a 50% discount that will last until 17th November 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Cool.
Finally the game arrived here! :) I almost lost hope! Lack of multiplayer is not an issue for me because probably it’s long dead anyway.
high rated
tfishell: Great to see it here! I understand removing multiplayer features that require Steamworks, but why was LAN removed? That shouldn't require Steamworks, right?
Yes. Removing Steamworks and other DRM-ed multiplayer is good. But removing a DRM-free LAN multiplayer mode for a (supposedly) DRM-free store is strange. Unless ELFswe is right and they managed to tie LAN to Steamworks too... which would be very stupid, but stupid isn't impossible.
You gain Brouzouf
You gain Brouzouf
You gain Brouzouf
My legs are OK
You gain Brouzouf

The version of the game sold on GOG is a single-player only edition – it means online and LAN modes are not accessible.
Has anyone who bought one here actually checked - is the LAN really cut out?
Type in the console

SERVER:
sv_lan 0 // <-- also make sense to try sv_lan 1
heartbeat
changelevel divine_cybermancy

CLIENT:
connect <IP> // <-- IP of created server

Because it is clear why cut out multiplayer through Steam, but why cut the LAN - not very clear.

fronzelneekburm: Nice to see it here! Too bad about the missing multiplayer, but I appreciate that they try to remedy that by making the base price roughly 2 bucks cheaper than the Steam version.

To anyone in the know: How crucial is multiplayer to the overall experience? Is it a main selling point, is it a nice-to-have feature or is it just superfluous fluff that nobody ever used anyway?
The game is fully playable from start to finish in SP mode and no content is lost. However!, you lose the PvP modes (obviously) and the ability to play the campaign in co-op up to 4 players (the campaign is the same as in single player mode). Here is the latter is a pity to lose.
Post edited November 10, 2021 by Loger13
Lifthrasil: Unless ELFswe is right and they managed to tie LAN to Steamworks too... which would be very stupid, but stupid isn't impossible.
Given that the game uses the sources engine and the source engine is closely integrated with steamwork so it wouldn't be very surprising.
Instabuy, thank you! :)
Wow, I never thought or even considered this game would ever make it over here, as it's using valve's engine! Yet another game that's going into my de-steamed pile!
high rated
Alexim: Interesting, but they could have at least put the achievements, with all the things they have removed this seems more like E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy - Castrated Edition.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Agreed 100%. No way I'd buy a feature-removed game that treats GOG customers like second-class citizens.

And what is "Single-player edition" supposed to mean? Is that PR speak to spin-doctor the fact that this game has multiplayer on other platforms, but it was also removed from the GOG version? If so, then that's a horrible detriment, not a "benefit" to people who buy this product.
I'm glad GOG brought it for those who only care about single-player. You can voice your opinion of course but I think many of us don't care about Galaxy features like multiplayer. And obviously GOG thought it was financially worthwhile to bring.

Lifthrasil: Unless ELFswe is right and they managed to tie LAN to Steamworks too... which would be very stupid, but stupid isn't impossible.
Gersen: Given that the game uses the sources engine and the source engine is closely integrated with steamwork so it wouldn't be very surprising.
Ah, maybe. unfortunate

fronzelneekburm: the base price roughly 2 bucks cheaper than the Steam version.
wow you're right. That's very rare afaik, I figured Steam had some statement in their contracts about not selling at a lower base price on other services. GOG should convince more devs and pubs to have a slightly lower base price for games with cut content.
Post edited November 10, 2021 by tfishell
Didn't expect to see this here. Definitely one of the most weird and unique games I have played. It's a bit clunky, but I think it's well worth it. It's a shame the co-op multiplayer isn't included though. Not even including a LAN mode is surprising.
I really looked forward to a GOG release of EYE:DC.
Unfortunately without the LAN-Multiplayer, I won't buy the game.
There is no reason why they excluded the multiplayer-part of the game. I don't care about a discounted price, but about a cutted game.

Please add LAN/Direct IP and I gladly buy the game at full price.
Post edited November 10, 2021 by Ueber
YEEEEEEES thanks!!! One of my favorite FPS!
high rated
They posted the OST for free here.

http://eye.streumon-studio.com/index.php?page=music
Haha, I misread it as EVE and thought, how the heck did they get EVE Online here?
So many new games here, but this one is the next on my shopping list!
Ueber: I really looked forward to a GOG release of EYE:DC.
Unfortunately without the LAN-Multiplayer, I won't buy the game.
There is no reason why they excluded the multiplayer-part of the game. I don't care about a discounted price, but about a cutted game.

Please add LAN/Direct IP and I gladly buy the game at full price.
Game's drop-in/drop-out co-op was tied to Steamworks, I believe, since the game was a Source mod under the hood.

I'm curious whether this means they also scrapped randomly generated side-quests for each playthrough, replacing them with a more "static" storyline.
YES!!! Instabought!! One of the first games I rented off of Steam back in 2011, and almost 10 years to the day of that transaction, it is FINALLY here!!!

E.Y.E. and SiN Episodes are the only reason I even have Steam installed.

Now just give me Rage, Skrim, and Duke Nukem Forever (Duke never happening most likely), and I can die a happy man.

2011 was a great year for me to get back into PC gaming after a decade away, so I am VERY nostalgic for that year.