It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Eternam is now available DRM-free. Get it 50% off until July 8th, 3pm UTC.

Congratulations Don Jonz! You have just won a Virtual Adventure Vacation on Eternam, the biggest and best planetary Funpark in the galaxy.

Hard working intergalactic Space Marshals like yourself deserve to experience the ultimate gateway. Travel through 3D landscapes to more than a half-dozen past human eras, populated with life-like-bio-tech creatures offering tongue-in-cheek remarks. From the age of the pharaohs and the realm of medieval knights to the French Revolution and beyond, you'll have the adventure of a lifetime... or several.
I remember this adventure.

Nice. You can die. Nice graphic.

4/5
tomimt: If anyone is interested, I've written a longer review of Eternam to my blog:

https://playernone.blogspot.com/2019/07/eternam-1992.html
karnak1: Quite a nice Blog you have there!
I specially enjoyed the attention given to the artwork of the game-boxes. Unfortunately, most "retro-critics" nowadays seem to focus mostly on the games solely, while forgetting such crucial details of videogame history as Box Art (specially valuable at the time, since many people had no access to gaming magazines and were lured to the games by the colourful illustrations on the box covers), manuals and advertisement in magazines.

Well done!
Thanks. Yeah, I love old game box art, nowadays it is a more or less dead art form. Even those who bother doing boxed copies mostly do the bare minimum and end up doing rather bland and sterile work. I don't think I've seen an interesting looking game box since the '00s.
karnak1: Quite a nice Blog you have there!
I specially enjoyed the attention given to the artwork of the game-boxes. Unfortunately, most "retro-critics" nowadays seem to focus mostly on the games solely, while forgetting such crucial details of videogame history as Box Art (specially valuable at the time, since many people had no access to gaming magazines and were lured to the games by the colourful illustrations on the box covers), manuals and advertisement in magazines. Well done!
tomimt: Thanks. Yeah, I love old game box art, nowadays it is a more or less dead art form. Even those who bother doing boxed copies mostly do the bare minimum and end up doing rather bland and sterile work. I don't think I've seen an interesting looking game box since the '00s.
Well yeah, since of course game boxes themselves are dying. This is quite parallel to the death of music cover art, first with the near-death of vinyl and its large art, and now with the near-death even of small CD/DVD art.

Some Amiga games had amazing fantasy art from Roger Dean, who also did amazing covers for vinyl for bands like Yes back in the day. Great, great art. The games never lived up to it. :-S

This is a major example of how new technology displacing old brings both positives and negatives, not *just* progress.

I wouldn't give up modern technology for anything, but I sure wish we had a way of bringing back great cover art somehow.
faroot: Some Amiga games had amazing fantasy art from Roger Dean, who also did amazing covers for vinyl for bands like Yes back in the day. Great, great art. The games never lived up to it. :-S
That really is the best part of the old game box art. No matter if it's a realistic piece by Bors Vallejo or Photo of Maria Whittaker in a skimpy armour bikini, the old game boxes had to be creative the same way old b-movie posters had to be creative in an entirely different manner any modern mainstream movie poster even knows how to. There's a great book by Tim Lapetino called Art of Atari, which goes through the history of art Atari used to sell their games on their consoles and arcades.

The book is also accompanied by a poster collection, which is recommended as well, as the artwork for those old Atari games really is something else.
GAME UPDATE

GOG has just updated their version. Now, when you launch the game, you have the option to launch either the floppy or the "talkie" CD version.

Thanks, GOG!